Options

Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2 announced

LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
Forum Member
✭✭
Bob Iger has confirmed that Pixar is working on Cars 3 and a much sought after sequel to The Incredibles.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-plans-third-cars-movie-689332

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are Pixar past their best?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney are going to continue making Cars spin offs and sequels regardless of whether Pixar or anyone else wants them. The Cars franchise is worth billions in merchandise.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally! How long have people been begging for an Incredibles sequel? My favourite Pixar film :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Disney are going to continue making Cars spin offs and sequels regardless of whether Pixar or anyone else wants them. The Cars franchise is worth billions in merchandise.
    True, although its best to remember that John Lasseter is still head at Pixar and Cars was his pet project so I don't think the Mouse needs to persuade the Lamp much.
    Dandem wrote: »
    Finally! How long have people been begging for an Incredibles sequel? My favourite Pixar film :)

Its certainly wanted more than Finding Dory.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    Are Pixar past their best?

No.

Cars 2 has been their only critical flop to date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    No.

And the key word there is 'critical'... even though its generally panned it still bought in a shed load of cash.

I agree though, they're not past it just yet. They just really need to get out of this sequel mode.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the key word there is 'critical'... even though its generally panned it still bought in a shed load of cash.

I agree though, they're not past it just yet. They just really need to get out of this sequel mode.

The Good Dinosaur sounds promising.
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    No.

I think that honour goes to Planes, very poor effort.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weigh-Man wrote: »
    I think that honour goes to Planes, very poor effort.

Planes wasn't Pixar.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda liked Cars 2. It wasn't really up it's own ass like most recent pixar movies. I'd say Incredibles was the last really good pixar movie, but still a little overrated at the time.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I preferred cars 2 to the first one personally, I can see why they're doing the whole cars 3 thing, the merchandise makes 100x more than the film costs.

Incredibles 2 could be good :D
  • Options
    HemustvthemesHemustvthemes Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I preferred cars 2 to the first one personally, I can see why they're doing the whole cars 3 thing, the merchandise makes 100x more than the film costs.

Incredibles 2 could be good :D
    Na! I preferred the first one! Plus it had the famous Paul Newman and George Carlin!

Now incredibles 2, looking forward to that though!
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    A lot of people complain that Pixar make too many sequels these days...

Toy Story
    A Bug's Life
    Toy Story 2
    Monsters Inc.
    Finding Nemo
    The Incredibles
    Cars
    Ratatouille
    WALL-E
    Up
    Toy Story 3
    Cars 2
    Brave
    Monsters University
    Inside Out
    The Good Dinosaur
    Finding Dory
    Dia de los Muertos (working title)
    The Incredibles 2
    Cars 3
    Untitled Pixar Film

Out of these 21 films, just seven of them are sequels. That's only a third of their overall output, whilst some of these sequels are parts of ongoing franchises (Toy Story, Cars). That's not so bad, especially even when most of the sequels are mostly of a very high quality. :)

I'm more excited about Finding Dory myself, but The Incredibles 2 is most welcome and I'll wait to judge Cars 3 :)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's about time the Incredibles got a sequel. They had a missed opportunity with the incredibles at the time. They could of had at least a third film out by now, as well as a television series.

What a yawnfest for Cars. The first one was bad enough. Planes is much better.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for The Incredibles! Long over due. Car, i'll wait and see. Loved the first movie, Cars 2 was awful though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I'm interested in the Incredibles sequel. The original was one of favorites.