Options

What happened to cartons of milk ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen an actually carton of milk since I was in primary school, so before 2005 because that's when I moved too comp. I thought they only made them for schools xD
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Same, except I rarely use my four unopened cartons of UHT or my milk powder for emergencies.

I've got 'em all the same, along with the comforting 'at least one full four pinter and a half a one' in the fridge.

And there's only me and the girl.:o

She laughs about it.

Asda do half litre cartons, enough for a large glass of milk or a day or two's worth of teas, without having to chuck any.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    The have them in our local One Stop shop.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    I remember my grandmother having milk delivered in plastic bags. Seriously, what is that all about?

I remember that, only happened for a few months and then it went back to bottles. The bags kept splitting. Horrid idea.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    macsmurray wrote: »
    I remember my grandmother having milk delivered in plastic bags. Seriously, what is that all about?
    noise747 wrote: »
    I remember that, only happened for a few months and then it went back to bottles. The bags kept splitting. Horrid idea.

Sainsbury's still sell them in plastic bags, you are meant to buy the plastic jug and refill it. A bit like you can do with coffee it is to reduce the amount of waste. But as milk bottles are recycled it seems a bit daft.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    If you're doing that, the trick is being able to identify the right sort of cow. Unfortunately, not everyone can. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26650621

And if you're milking the cows, avoid the ones with only one udder. Although sometimes they don't seem to mind.....
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    We don't buy cartons but buy the regular plastic bottles.

The last time I ever saw or bought a milk carton, I could not get the damn thing open properly. It was one of them where you peel back the 2 outer edges, as far as they will go, and then pull outwards the center bit which opens out to form a spout type thing (which would never work..!!!).

Are cartons still like this...?!?!
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    I saw a box of miniature Dairy Milk chocolates in a milk carton style box today. :)

I've never had trouble opening milk cartons, maybe it's the training I received as Milk Monitor at junior school (thanks for making me redundant Thatch :mad: ).
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,318
    Forum Member
    Milk carton used to be evil things. Flaps out and then pull out. Result, spilt milk everywhere.

Don't get all cranky cause you couldn't open it properly :p:D:kitty::cool:
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are shares in Tetra Pak doing, their name seemed to crop up a lot on those cartons.