Pop!

Comments

• Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    I was assuming that anyway :)

There's plenty of space available, however I note that Create & Craft/Travel Channel combined fit these hours perfectly, so maybe something is happening there? Travel Channel's trial must have gone well or they wouldn't still be running, so I can see them moving to a 24hr slot.

Or possibly travel channel sharing with adult party from 0700 to 2400?
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't know how long this has been on Freeview but i have just noticed Quest +1
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems that quite a few channels wanting to get on freeview at the moment.

Not sure where all this space is comming from?
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel99 wrote: »
    i don't know how long this has been on Freeview but i have just noticed Quest +1
    Added on 11 Feb - see change log. OT for this thread.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    clewsy wrote: »

Filling up Arq A (the capacity BBC RB302 has used on and off over the past year), capacity on COM7, capacity on the local TV multiplex.
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »

Has got to be ARQ A capacity.
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I did wonder if another broadcaster would take the initiative of the limited competition available to stick a kids' channel up on Freeview...
    I'm sure it had been speculated the Five might do a dedicated Milkshake channel, though they'd then need replacement programming to fill several hours on Five.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    nvingo wrote: »
    I'm sure it had been speculated the Five might do a dedicated Milkshake channel, though they'd then need replacement programming to fill several hours on Five.

Channel 5's licence specifies a quota for children's TV, so even if it launched a "milkshake" channel, children's programmes would still have to be shown on C5 itself.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    just found out it be 6am till 10pm

Where did you get the information from?

I am shock that know LCN has appeared look like we won't get a full day of this channel till friday.

Look like it a rescan day tomorrow for some.

Just one more thing on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_terrestrial_television_channels_(UK)

It says
    2014[edit]
    March[edit]
    20- KerrangTV on channel 69
    20 - Pop on channel 75[1][2]
    24 - Mustard TV on channel 8 (Norwich only)[3][4][5]
    31 - London Live on channel 8 (London only)[6][7][8]
    Made in Leeds on channel 8 (Leeds only)[9][10][11]
    April[edit]

I take it that the information in bold is wrong.
  • Options
    duffman25duffman25 Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emailed them and they said 6 till 10
    tomee wrote: »
    Where did you get the information from?

I am shock that know LCN has appeared look like we won't get a full day of this channel till friday.

Look like it a rescan day tomorrow for some.

Just one more thing on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_terrestrial_television_channels_(UK)

It says

I take it that the information in bold is wrong.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    emailed them and they said 6 till 10

Ok thank you duffman25 that explains why i could not find the information online.
  • Options
    duffman25duffman25 Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for your email.

Our Pop Freeview channel will air from 6am until 10pm.

Hope you enjoy tuning in!

Kind regards,

Michelle

tomee wrote: »
    Ok thank you duffman25 that explains why i could not find the information online.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the new local mux in Norwich, the colour bars on 791 have now gone and are now being transmitted on 75 - POP! So it looks as if not everywhere is going to get it.
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    On the new local mux in Norwich, the colour bars on 791 have now gone and are now being transmitted on 75 - POP!

In the service name table from Winter Hill, the name has changed:
    < Service_name: "Local TV Test1" -- Charset: Latin alphabet
    > Service_name: "POP" -- Charset: Latin alphabet

WH isn't yet broadcasting the local muxes (they are still rigging on the mast) - and we don't get any LCN data, only the SDT has them listed so far. Any of you who can receive your version of the local mux may find the name has changed- and possibly an LCN change too.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was quick - colour bars now replaced by programmes and full EPG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit misleading to announce a channel launch like that without indicating that coverage would be restricted to areas served by a local mux (which I am not supposed to be but I can receive it perfectly well on the box the children use the most).
  • Options
    eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    A bit misleading to announce a channel launch like that without indicating that coverage would be restricted to areas served by a local mux (which I am not supposed to be but I can receive it perfectly well on the box the children use the most).

No difference to a channel being announced which isn't available on Freeview Lite.

Also, the only announcement I've seen is an advert targeted at kids. No exactly sure one can explain LTV in the space of one advert, let alone to a target audience that Pop has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eladkse wrote: »
    No difference to a channel being announced which isn't available on Freeview Lite.
    There is, the local muxes exclude a much higher percentage of the population.
  • Options
    dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same here, sutton coldfield transmitter
    pop is on from local tv channel 791 to 75
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't get it as annoyingly there's no local MUX on Emley Moor. Probably the only time Emley hasn't had something first, seeing as they had NICAM, Channel 5 and DTT from day one when plenty of other transmitters didn't get them for years.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    Can't get it as annoyingly there's no local MUX on Emley Moor. Probably the only time Emley hasn't had something first, seeing as they had NICAM, Channel 5 and DTT from day one when plenty of other transmitters didn't get them for years.

Emley Moor is indeed carrying a local multiplex - as it's for Leeds the transmission will be aimed in that direction

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/trade/+LS11+0ES/NA/0/gcgvih3qm498evgnsfb4ceok24 (Postcode check for Leeds United).
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on now...
  • Options
    kinetickinetic Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when channels 64 and 75 will be available from Winter Hill?

Thanks
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kinetic wrote: »
    Does anyone know when channels 64 and 75 will be available from Winter Hill? Thanks

Simple answer- there is no public date for this, but in the next few months for sure.

Complex answer- there will be three new local muxes from WH - for Manchester, Liverpool and Preston+Blackpool. The three petals might not all become available at the same time- though I'd think it very likely they would. If you happen to live in the gaps between the petals you'll get no signal.

There is progress on the mast - there are photos on mb21 from last week showing work underway: http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/gallerypage.php?txid=271&pageid=1867 - clearly their work up there 140 metres above ground level is weather dependant!
  • Options
    phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears that Pop may be on 24 hours a day on Freeview as it is now after 22.00 and it is staying going. You wonder how many children will be watching at this time of night they must have low audience figures.