Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Suarez doesn't take pens makes his goal scoring stats this season even more impressive
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    we didnt play well vs Hull and didnt play well vs WBA.

I can argue that we didnt win those games as the midfield and attack was not good enough and never created enough chances to win the game.

Error at 1-1 against Hull and a terrible back pass against WBA at 1-0 up.

Attack was poor in both games, but points dropped by errors at the back.

As I said though, love the way we attack. It's boss. Just wish we could cut out the mistakes at the back.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Talkman wrote: »
    The fact that Suarez doesn't take pens makes his goal scoring stats this season even more impressive

Very true. Stevie's scored 8 penalties and has missed a couple. Then there's the one Sturridge missed!
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Error at 1-1 against Hull and a terrible back pass against WBA at 1-0 up.

Attack was poor in both games, but points dropped by errors at the back.

As I said though, love the way we attack. It's boss. Just wish we could cut out the mistakes at the back.

Football is a game of mistakes. The odd mistake will always happen and we will lose or draw some games for whatever reason.

As long as it's not a regular thing and we win most games then we are on the right path.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stolen from RAWK :D

Martin ****ing Skrtel 6
    Silva 5
    Lampard 5
    Mirallas 5
    Torres 4
    Ozil 4
    Paulinho 4
    Nazri 4
    Cazorla 4
    Fernandinho 4
    Barkley 4
    Barry 3
    Podolski 3
    Wilshere 3
    Ben Arfa 3
    Ba 3
    Sigurdsson 3
    Eriksen 3
    Januzaj 3
    Willian 2
    Hernandez 2
    Young 2
    Valencia 2
    Salah 1
    Lennon 1
    Carroll 1
    Defoe 1
    Carrick 1
    Cleverley 1
    Lamela 0
    Downing 0
    Mata 0
    Kagawa 0
    Fellaini 0
    Nani 0
    Giggs 0
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great goal by Rooney :(
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    What was going on with the bright patch on the back of Captain Madface's head? Is he looking for a new name? Captain Madhead?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Great goal by Rooney :(

Nearly as good as a similar one Suarez did! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Football is a game of mistakes. The odd mistake will always happen and we will lose or draw some games for whatever reason.

As long as it's not a regular thing and we win most games then we are on the right path.

But when the attack is so good, the errors at the back are magnified.

Also, don't think I can take too many more of these end to end games. I want a boring 6-0 😄
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »

Both against Norwich spring to mind. Both better than Rooneys in my opinion.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »

Goalie should have done better
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    I want to properly See Norwich's 2 goal by Tettey today

35 yard screamer of a volley by the looks of it

This is the only clip I've found

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xNuE2nGqeEA
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooney again, 2-0 :(
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Rooney again, 2-0 :(

Who cares? I'm delighted they have suddenly found a bit of form going into the Manchester Derby!:D

I have to say, in terms of title talk, I'm still very worried by Chelseas fixture list. There aren't too many banana skins there apart from their away trip to Anfield! I can see a few potentials for City and us.

I know I shouldn't worry but Palace away and West Ham away worry the life out of me. If it were two different managers I wouldn't care so much!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am supporting man united for once my accumalator bet of man city brentford Chelsea
    Hull Blackpool all won which means if united win I win 110 pound :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I'm actually quite happy for the scum to win games like this against West Ham. Why? Because if they lost games like this then they would have to get rid of Moyes. But if beating West Ham is enough to keep Moyes in his job then that suits me just fine because they're never going to win the league again with him in charge. :D
    I'm also delighted they drew Bayern in the CL, that should be good viewing! ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all Liverpool fans should pop into the united forum when they are playing man city
    Just to cheer man united to victory against man city :D
  • Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We started the season with three 1-0 wins, no hint of what was to come then. Those wins were just as importantl as todays 6-3 victory and the games were we've scored 4 and 5 goals, but it's vital that we keep on banging in the goals as this season the title could be decided on goal difference, it's possible that three teams could finish on the same points.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    I have to say, in terms of title talk, I'm still very worried by Chelseas fixture list. There aren't too many banana skins there apart from their away trip to Anfield! I can see a few potentials for City and us.

If we win our game in hand we're 1 point behind. If we beat Chelsea we're 2 ahead. I think the league rests on that match. But anything can happen. I just hope we're in with a shot at the end. Either way things are looking very promising for the club and we can do well in the champions league next year too.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,990
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    Who cares? I'm delighted they have suddenly found a bit of form going into the Manchester Derby!:D

I know I shouldn't worry but Palace away and West Ham away worry the life out of me. If it were two different managers I wouldn't care so much!

I was thinking the same thing when I was doing my now religious post game check of the table and fixture list. Couldn't help thinking it'd be a good thing if the likes of WH and even Norwich (not that I worry about them so much) could get a few more points towards midtable safety before we visit. Not much chance of Palace doing that, but they don't score that many goals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we win our game in hand we're 1 point behind. If we beat Chelsea we're 2 ahead. I think the league rests on that match. But anything can happen. I just hope we're in with a shot at the end. Either way things are looking very promising for the club and we can do well in the champions league next year too.

I've been very confident about our abilities as most of you know for quite a while now when we weren't really in the title race, but now we are I've got nervous all of a sudden. I have to say if we remain in it until the last few games then don't win it I'll be a little disappointed, but not in a bad way because the team has been a revelation this season. Anything above 4th really is a bonus!
  • Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talkman wrote: »
    I think all Liverpool fans should pop into the united forum when they are playing man city
    Just to cheer man united to victory against man city :D
    It goes against the grain to want United to win, so I'm hoping for a draw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing when I was doing my now religious post game check of the table and fixture list. Couldn't help thinking it'd be a good thing if the likes of WH and even Norwich (not that I worry about them so much) could get a few more points towards midtable safety before we visit. Not much chance of Palace doing that, but they don't score that many goals.

Allardyce seems to hate Liverpool so I can see him really wanting to beat us and Pulis has been a pain in the arse before. Mind you 9 points out of 9 from 3 aways in a row is magnificent for us. Unbeleivable in fact when you consider two of them were Old trafford and St Marys!
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    I'm actually quite happy for the scum to win games like this against West Ham. Why? Because if they lost games like this then they would have to get rid of Moyes. But if beating West Ham is enough to keep Moyes in his job then that suits me just fine because they're never going to win the league again with him in charge. :D
    I'm also delighted they drew Bayern in the CL, that should be good viewing! ^_^

calling people scum probably says more about you than anything else
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luis Suarez now has 28 premier league goals that equals The previous best tally in the premier league
    Without penalty's with 8 games still to play
This discussion has been closed.