Options

Smooth National Radio Thread

Comments

• Options
    sparknetsparknet Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    smooth radio is still on d1. thought it went off d1 12midnite.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The website was a bit in a mess this morning with Tina on top of page hosting her saturday show. :D
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparknet wrote: »
    smooth radio is still on d1. thought it went off d1 12midnite.
    There probably will be retune to local mux annoucements on D1 before the new station launches?, but local DAB or analogue terrestrial Smooth does not have the full coverage D1 gives, so it may give some people the option to either stay with the new station? or go online or digital if they still want to hear Smooth in these areas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New News Jingles..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New website..
  • Options
    LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvellous. Just need some new old songs to go with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Complete revamp. I don't know who the women is doing the voice over jingles? It sounds like the one who does classic fm ones?

New photos too of some presenters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew sounding ok on Smooth London. Will take time to blend in.
  • Options
    LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a collection of womens or just a group of one womans?

in fairness, The Elgins are being played on Smooth East Midlands right this moment, pop pickers. Not heard them on Smooth before. Maybe the playlist is being expanded?
  • Options
    -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,908
    Forum Member
    Yep local travel in Hampshire.
  • Options
    up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ''keep that heating on'' says Andrew Castle. Yes,if I was on your kind of salary I might think about it. and here's Genesis , not the Peter Gabriel led version....'' well. don't expect 'I Know What I Like' to come up on your log anytime soon.:D
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,384
    Forum Member
    Now have national and local Smooth. So why have they closed DAB Gold now? Andrew Castle we know your name you don't need to repeat it every link.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a easy listening breakfast show in London' Classic FM with modern music? Very Different to Magic London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amara wrote: »
    Now have national and local Smooth. So why have they closed DAB Gold now? Andrew Castle we know your name you don't need to repeat it every link.

You might? Not everyone who listens to Smooth does.
  • Options
    up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew is having real trouble knowing when he is introducing the travel news.In the first hour he said ''here's the travel'' the travel eventually appeared after a five minute break,A bit premature there me old son.Likewise at 7.15 he said ''and here's the travel''
    Straight into George Benson 'Give Me The Night'. He then sheepishly appeared in the next link and said ''travel IS next''...
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,384
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    You might? Not everyone who listens to Smooth does.

He sure as hell is no Simon Bates
  • Options
    NokiaNokiaNokiaNokia Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no particular fan of Andrew Castle, but I'd forgive a few first day mistakes.

Each time I've started at a new place, I've bodged a number of links. I would imagine a lot of people do. If I recall correctly, the first Simon Bates Smooth Brekafast show had a few hiccups.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Like Classic FM with different music!
  • Options
    Peace100Peace100 Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew is having real trouble knowing when he is introducing the travel news.In the first hour he said ''here's the travel'' the travel eventually appeared after a five minute break,A bit premature there me old son.Likewise at 7.15 he said ''and here's the travel''
    Straight into George Benson 'Give Me The Night'. He then sheepishly appeared in the next link and said ''travel IS next''...

I heard that but to be honest it sounded like it was a recorded link....still on DAB here in Suffolk from the Mendlesham mast.
  • Options
    AL89AL89 Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    early links just after 06.00 "pleasure to be here" then 10 mins later "lovely to be here" hmmmmmmmmmm time will tell
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Classic FM with different music!

Potentially a winning formula.

Smooth Glasgow is much more mellow with only one presenter who's even doing the traffic himself. Sounding a bit more like the relaxed sound of Saga (without the speech, of course).

I switched on Magic London over the weekend who were playing the upbeat 'Locked Out Of Heaven' by Bruno Mars. Out-Magicing Magic is smart, if not terribly anarok-friendly.
  • Options
    MallMall Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning. I'm Andrew Castle. This is the Andrew Castle breakfast show with Andrew Castle on Smooth presented by Andrew Castle.

Apparently the highest tennis ranking Mr Castle ever achieved was 80.

He's not even completed his first show on Smooth yet, but he must be easily the 80th best DJ I've heard on the station, maybe even in the top 75.
  • Options
    CS73CS73 Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Just noticed that smooth east mids is sharing the same newsreader with Capital. Is this the same with all regions that have co-located?
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Its a easy listening breakfast show in London' Classic FM with modern music? Very Different to Magic London.

I wouldnt think Magic are too worried this morning
  • Options
    OrmeMacOrmeMac Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Only heard beds and voice-overs. Does that mean there are no sung jingles any more? Shame if that's the case.