Options

Previous Survivor Discussion

Comments

• Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favourite moments from All Stars is when Boston Rob caused that argument between Big Tom and Rupert so that they would never even consider momentarily aligning with each other to take out Rob and Amber.
  • Options
    troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    One of my favorite moments from All Stars is the ending because it sucked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite moments from All Stars is the ending because it sucked.

:D LOL. Not for Rob and Amber. They shared the dosh and got a free wedding out of it.

I'm very protective about the first All Stars, It was the very first one I watched and, about 2 episodes in I was totally hooked. :o
    After all these years and some brilliant and not so brilliant Seasons, plus some stinkers, it remains my favourite Reality Show ever, so I'm so glad I borrowed a friend's box set. :) I've had weeks of pleasure watching every Season at least twice, often 4 times.
    The first All Stars remains in my top ten.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,112
    Forum Member
    All Stars puts Shii Ann in my top 5 favourite survivors ever. She was already on my radar from Thailand but she really shines in All Stars.
    I love it when she's fighting to stay in, but no-one is even considering listening to her. Only for her then to win immunity ("Woohoo take that!" and "Stupid stupid people. Stupid players!") leading to Alicia getting booted who is, surprise surprise, very bitter about it. Then, despite Shii Ann's constant warnings about Rob and Amber, after Shii Ann goes the others fall one-by-one.
    Though I just love it that, because of her seeing the strengths of Amber's game, Amber chooses to award her with a car over any of the others. lol

A positive I noticed of Rupert is that he seems very nice to Shii Ann, while certain others can't help but be disrespectful and hateful to their opposition. Jenna particularly comes across rather terrible.
    One thing that is annoying about Rob is the slurring speech. :o Sometimes he sounds like a bad cliche from a gangster movie.
    Redmond wrote: »
    One of my favourite moments from All Stars is when Boston Rob caused that argument between Big Tom and Rupert so that they would never even consider momentarily aligning with each other to take out Rob and Amber.

I thought it was quite strange because Tom and Rupert look like they should get on well and be BFFs. But Tom is always in Rob's ear 'we got to be careful of Rupert' and 'none of us can beat Rupert'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A positive I noticed of Rupert is that he seems very nice to Shii Ann, while certain others can't help but be disrespectful and hateful to their opposition. Jenna particularly comes across rather terrible.
    One thing that is annoying about Rob is the slurring speech. :o Sometimes he sounds like a bad cliche from a gangster movie.

I thought it was quite strange because Tom and Rupert look like they should get on well and be BFFs. But Tom is always in Rob's ear 'we got to be careful of Rupert' and 'none of us can beat Rupert'.
    Cant stand Rupert, as you know, but hadn't he come in "blind" straight from Pearl Islands?
    One of my highlights is him building a shelter near the shoreline, underground! I know nothing about Survival but that was Shelter 101. DO NOT BUILD ANYTHING BELOW WATER LEVEL. :D:D
    The reaction when it got flooded was so predictable. And hilarious, Jerri was furious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean when you say Rupert came in "blind"? They didn't film seasons back-to-back back then (I used the word back far too many times there!), so he had a good few months to recover. I think about half of Pearl Islands had aired when filming for All Stars began.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o I think that's what I meant. They hadn't seen all of Ruperts' Season so didn't know how far he'd got. Actually, according to Wiki they filmed "All Stars" only a month after he returned home, so they hadn't seen him in action.
    Also wasn't All Stars the first time they used the same location for consecutive seasons?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :o I think that's what I meant. They hadn't seen all of Ruperts' Season so didn't know how far he'd got. Actually, according to Wiki they filmed "All Stars" only a month after he returned home, so they hadn't seen him in action.
    Also wasn't All Stars the first time they used the same location for consecutive seasons?

Ah right.

I'm sure they had seen some of Rupert on Pearl Islands though? He definitely got a reaction when the tribes were announced.

Yes, All Stars was the first time they used the same location for consecutive seasons.

Oh, and in other Survivor related news (which kind of ties in with All Stars seeing as they were both on it), after 10 years Survivor couple Ethan and Jenna have broken up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry: Yup, I saw that. I loved Ethan and all they've battled through together. So sad.
    Though any mention of Jenna and I immediately think of peanut butter. :D
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Rupert win a million $ from the popularity contest after All stars 1? :o

That was the randomest winning ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Did Rupert win a million $ from the popularity contest after All stars 1? :o

That was the randomest winning ever.

Yeah that was at the All Stars reunion (at least it was at one of them, as there were two aftershows for some bizarre reason).
    I don't think it was necessarily right to have the prize be the exact same as the winning prize money. It made it seem like being a camera-hog and playing for the popularity vote is as important as trying to win, leading to many castaways since then thinking that stealing the spotlight is a great way to make a name for yourself.

Not that Rupert wasn't deserving of some sort of recognition for his hard work in his two seasons up to then, and also what he does away from the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Jeff Probst admits that the $1 million fan favourite give-away was a mistake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow I'm surprised that he can admit that one of the obvious producers favourites was awarded too much money. lol

In other news, the new series has still got me watching old episodes. This time I watched the final few episodes of Marquesas and Vecepia never really gets the credit she deserves. She could be pretty ruthless.
    Kathy is my favourite survivor from this season and watching her get screwed over by Vecepia dropping her deal with Kathy and making the deal with Neleh during the last immunity challenge is a work of art.
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never posted in this thread before. But hi. So I kinda found my love for in the summer of 2011, quite a while ago. I had always heard alot about it, but I had seen the UK version and wasn't bothered by that, so I think that deterred me from going to watch the US one. But did I miss much.

Anyways I decided to make the plunge, due to a trip to America, and someone there telling me I had to watch it (Because I have been watching BBUS, and TAR for ages). And never have I been wrong.

So I had started with China and then Fiji. The first two series I watched and I was hooked. Just fell in love with it straight away. I then had to take a bit of a break, as I had to deal with college coming up, moving to Dublin and stuff. But eventually, I got back around to watching it from the start.

I usually go in huge bursts. When I first started, I had watched for Borneo, to Cook Islands. Then took a break, because I was pretty exhausted. I have slowly over the two year watched them. I made it all the way to Gabon. But a few episodes in I got bored. I moved onto Tocantins, and similarly got bored.

So its been a few months since I have watched it, but Imma head back in, and watch the rest. I decided Imma watch Heroes Vs Villians, as it seems regarded as like the pinacle series. I know Imma spoil the series before that, but I love my spoilers. Heck I know who won this series and havent even watched first episode!!

Anyways, I had some thoughts on previous series I will eventually spew out!!!
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You shouldn't skip Gabon, it turns out to be quite good.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Heroes v Villains is my all time favourite, although I loved all the early ones, :o Yes, even Thailand. I thought last season was excellent, a throw back to the good old days, but there's been a few bad ones lately, "Redemption Island, Nicaragua, *shudder*

We're all envious of you watching them for the first time, dylanpartyon but I agree with Yoboba, Gabon was really good. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely detest Gabon at the end. Probably the worst winner ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    I completely detest Gabon at the end. Probably the worst winner ever.
    :) True re the worst winner, but I loved the season. Sugar was just ditzy back then, but not as dumb as she made out.
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I will go back and watch them series. But to get myself in survivor mood I picked HvV. And boy was I right. Im only a few episodes in, and its already incredible!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabon is amazing. Lots of replay value. Yeah the winner is shitty but so many big characters and big moves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gabon reminds me of BBUK6, a hugely entertaining rollercoaster ride with many marmite characters, but the final result is rather disappointing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still cannot believe HOW a contestant can completely throw away his/her end game and give the million dollars checque to someone else. Sugar was gonna win this getting rid of either Matty or Bob but she had to force an unnecessary tie.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching Season 4 for the first time. Good season and under-rated winner in V.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rupert was best on Pearl Islands, I think his whole reputation and any fan favourite money he made was based on that.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Is South Pacific worth a watch?

I cannot stand Conchran or Braden in FvF2 and Coach was never a fav.