Options

Should Charlie Wernham be in EE not HO?

Walford FanWalford Fan Posts: 77
Forum Member
Charlie Wernham just seems suited to EastEnders not Hollyoaks! I hope DTC snatches him from Hollyoaks and brings his on-screen mum back to the Square too. Perhaps he could play Ben!

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say so, he's more than talented enough, but EE doesn't have the greatest track record for treating ex Hollyoaks actors well. HO is riddled with problems at the moment but they do actually use Charlie well. Maybe in a year when BK has got bored with the Roscoes and has rehauled the entire cast once again, Charlie should consider it.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he would have been ideal as Max Branning's son. They look alike so it would be believable. Knowing what Max is also like its very easy to accept he could have fathered a child he never knew about.
  • Options
    EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say he's a fairly average actor to be honest. I've always found the character annoying, even now when he's been 'redeemed.'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HO! EE would ruin him.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No keep ex HO actors away from EE they never work out, Jamie Lomas, Gary Lucy, Devon Anderson all were non entitys:o
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him on HO.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,360
    Forum Member
    hetty100 wrote: »
    No keep ex HO actors away from EE they never work out, Jamie Lomas, Gary Lucy, Devon Anderson all were non entitys:o

And Stefan booth and Gemma Bissix.

It seems Family Affairs cast members struggle too such as Claire Perkins and the girl who played Sasha.

Anyone from The Bill or Bad Girls usually does quite well, although the actress who plays Garrys mum was dreadful but I put that down to the fact it was unbelievable that she was old enough to be Garrys mum.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Devon Anderson was in EE first.

The only reason he didn't work out was because of a petty ex-Hollyoaks producer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Devon Anderson was in EE first.

The only reason he didn't work out was because of a petty ex-Hollyoaks producer.

Well he was sacked from Hollyoaks for timekeeping or something and so it was going to be difficult when they both started working together on ee.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if there isn't a bit of elitism from the ee crew towards the Hollyoaks lot.

Wasn't it the same for the guy who played Lee Hunter and Bobs son in Emmerdale. He states he was never given anything to do so he left out of boredom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Well he was sacked from Hollyoaks for timekeeping or something and so it was going to be difficult when they both started working together on ee.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if there isn't a bit of elitism from the ee crew towards the Hollyoaks lot.

Wasn't it the same for the guy who played Lee Hunter and Bobs son in Emmerdale. He states he was never given anything to do so he left out of boredom.

I doubt it otherwise they wouldn't cast them in the first place surely?
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him in HO and think he's well used not sure if he would be right for EE he might be I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By "suited" do you mean because he's got a cockney accent? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt it otherwise they wouldn't cast them in the first place surely?

Yes but they never seem to be anything but background characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Devon was originally EE. I think Gary Lucy was great just that the character was useless (because Newman was useless). Lomas I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    By "suited" do you mean because he's got a cockney accent? :D
    Well yes but also the nature of the actor. He'd be good on EE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but they never seem to be anything but background characters.

I know but I'm saying if they had something against HO actors they probably wouldn't bother hiring in the first place. :D
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can his Hollyoaks mother come back to EE....She's Dead >:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Stefan booth and Gemma Bissix.

It seems Family Affairs cast members struggle too such as Claire Perkins and the girl who played Sasha.

Anyone from The Bill or Bad Girls usually does quite well, although the actress who plays Garrys mum was dreadful but I put that down to the fact it was unbelievable that she was old enough to be Garrys mum.

Young Charlie would probably be treated the same as Jamie Lomas and Gary Lucy were - like rubbish, so where's the motivation to be in EE TBH?

He has BBC type training from being in Bad Education, mind.

Gemma Bissix was In EE first BTW, long before HO and the character she played was relatively successful.

Sasha was played by Jemma Walker (Siobhan in FA who was a fairly inoffensive character but was "sexed-up" a lot in EE which ultimately failed).

Kika Mirylees from Bad Girls as Garry Hobbs' mum - the less said about her the better, same as Garry - another hopeless character who was eventually (and not too soon IMO) and finally shown the door,

Much is my own opinion on this, obviously - no offence, meant to anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunny day wrote: »
    How can his Hollyoaks mother come back to EE....She's Dead >:(>:(>:(>:(

She's in witness protection. >:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think there's a lot of elitism from EE against anyone not from the BBC. The whole channel likes to think of itself as a cut above, with maybe only Corrie actors being acceptable.

As for Charlie, I'd worry he'd just become another annoying 'ladies man, bad boy, teen' who would be axed in six months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's a lot of elitism from EE against anyone not from the BBC. The whole channel likes to think of itself as a cut above, with maybe only Corrie actors being acceptable.

Yeah, that's why they hire them. *rollseyes*

The fact is basically that HO, whilst it can be good and has had some great actors, it generally goes more for aesthetic for those late night specials and cheesy calendars so more often the not the people coming out of them aren't very good actors.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that's why they hire them. *rollseyes*

The fact is basically that HO, whilst it can be good and has had some great actors, it generally goes more for aesthetic for those late night specials and cheesy calendars so more often the not the people coming out of them aren't very good actors.

Or they'll hire then when they want to 'sex up' the show and bring in a younger audience. I think it's a shame though how looked down upon some soaps are (Brookside got the same treatment) when half of the Corrie and EE's casts are nothing spectacular anyway.
  • Options
    MrAndrewMrAndrew Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Kika Mirylees from Bad Girls as Garry Hobbs' mum - the less said about her the better, same as Garry - another hopeless character who was eventually (and not too soon IMO) and finally shown the door,.

That's a shame to hear :( I wasn't watching EE when Hazel (Garry's Mum) was around, but I've just rewatched Bad Girls from the start and Kika Mirylees was excellent in that, one of the stand-outs I would say (often 'showing up' the other Julie) . Only a few days ago, I put her on my list of 'actors I'd like to see in EE' and it's a shame to find out that she's already been wasted as a plot device for Garry and Minty eurgh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or they'll hire then when they want to 'sex up' the show and bring in a younger audience. I think it's a shame though how looked down upon some soaps are (Brookside got the same treatment) when half of the Corrie and EE's casts are nothing spectacular anyway.

EE hasn't hired enough former HO actors for you to say that's the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrAndrew wrote: »
    That's a shame to hear :( I wasn't watching EE when Hazel (Garry's Mum) was around, but I've just rewatched Bad Girls from the start and Kika Mirylees was excellent in that, one of the stand-outs I would say (often 'showing up' the other Julie) . Only a few days ago, I put her on my list of 'actors I'd like to see in EE' and it's a shame to find out that she's already been wasted as a plot device for Garry and Minty eurgh.

This - exactly, terribly wasted from what I remember.

Garry Hobbs - what a joke IMO.

Welcome to the threads by the way, you seem to be fairly new here.

*****waves*****