Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I actually screamed out loud, I was so shocked! Not how I expected that to end at all!

Now I need to start watching Casualty as well, to see Connie again.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,969
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Jac is to blame for everything! Tbf, if she hadn't engineered it for him to have to stay at the Hospital he would have been there on time, Bonnie would have had no reason to be outside so she is partially responsible. But then so is Jonny for going to work, her brother for turning up to 'test' him (and how did he know Jonny would be there) etc, etc.

Or maybe just Bonnie should have remembered her green cross code. Either way glad she's gone!
  • Options
    NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god I am still laughing.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonny is just horrible. Why was he forcing jac to say I love you? She has said it before and he still left her. I absolutely hate this guy and wish he too would come to a sticky end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe just Bonnie should have remembered her green cross code. Either way glad she's gone!

I said exactly the same thing :D
  • Options
    KFAKFA Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody silent lorries are a menace on the roads.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW!:eek: Well, that's one way of getting rid of Bonnie!:eek:

I was kinda of speculating about her getting hit when she walked to see the cab, as I thought it would happen earlier on but then I changed my mind and it happened seconds after! I was still shocked! I knew she wouldn't last long, but that wasn't the kind of exit I was expecting from her (until te last few minutes of course!)!:eek:

And, of course once they failed to revive Bonnie, I just knew Jonny would put the blame on Jac!:mad: It was not her fault at all! He made his own choice to stay on the ward, she didn't force him to. He still could have left at an earlier time like he planned beforehand which would have made him be on time for his own wedding. My god, I think we're going to see a very dark side to Jonny (but also vulnerable and emotional at the same time). It' s going to be horrible for Jac, I assume he'll try and fight Emma to himself, and possible prevent Jac from seeing her. It won't be pretty to watch. I imagine the aftermath will be very unpleasant for Jac, she's got to prepare for the worst to happen now. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Is it too soon for a rousing chorus of Ding, Dong the Witch is Dead? :)

No, no, I joke - but in all seriousness, well done to the Holby team for keeping that one under wraps. I had a feeling something was going to happen at the wedding from the total lack of any information about the wedding aftermath in the coming episode spoilers on the website, but I had no idea it was something as high-impact (sorry) as that!

Well done indeed! The fallout from this will be very unpleasant I think... I look forward to seeing it...
  • Options
    sohvimussohvimus Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    alr837 wrote: »
    Oh my I just laughed so much I spat my drink out!!!

I wasn't drinking anything so I didn't spit anything out, but I did laugh. :D
  • Options
    Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god....that's what you call a shock. I don't think anyone saw that coming! Best episodes in ages. I leapt off the sofa. Jeez. Poor Jonny. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    KFA wrote: »

:)

If they're not flipping over and exploding, they're mowing down brides on their wedding day...
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

Must be one of the secret electric Scania's, that's why it was on a quiet backstreet, avoiding the motoring press or something...

Shame Bonnie's character was quite so dappy, I'd be surprised if anyone will miss her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god....that's what you call a shock. I don't think anyone saw that coming! Best episodes in ages. I leapt off the sofa. Jeez. Poor Jonny. :(

I actually don't feel any sympathy for him, I know that makes me sounds heartless but the way he treated them both was appaling! I'm cruel :p
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All the traffic was silent.

Also why did they taxi not turn in to the buildings car park? That was the destination given to the driver.

No sympathy for Johnny. Bonnie and her family yes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really shocked they didn't have Bonnies last words being 'I love you'. I don't think its fair to Jac to blame her about this, she wasn't driving the lorry and Bonnie should have looked before crossing. Thought it was odd that they didn't tell Bonnie her brother was the person in theatre ,the inital reason Jonny was late. Not looking forward to Jac getting blamed for ages (if thats the case).
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that was a shocking scene. Never a big fan of Bonnie but it was very sad. :(

Jonny is well out of order blaming Jac though.
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    WOWSERS! But how dare he blame Jac!!

To be fair, he had seen the person he had decided* was his future killed by a lorry and just left her body so probably wasn't thinking all that rationally. And as kitkat said there were things that Jac did which contributed to the accident, and when you're upset, and especially when something inexplicable (and I know its not inexplicable but hope you get what I mean) and unexpected has happened, you do tend to lash out at the most obvious target and for Jonny that's Jac.

* whether that was actually how he felt in reality or what he'd convinced himself of
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Jonny's to blame for being a cheapskate and not having any money for the taxi.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CharlieC95 wrote: »
    I actually don't feel any sympathy for him, I know that makes me sounds heartless but the way he treated them both was appaling! I'm cruel :p
    millysshaw wrote: »
    All the traffic was silent.

Also why did they taxi not turn in to the buildings car park? That was the destination given to the driver.

No sympathy for Johnny. Bonnie and her family yes.
    Chaseta wrote: »
    I am really shocked they didn't have Bonnies last words being 'I love you'. I don't think its fair to Jac to blame her about this, she wasn't driving the lorry and Bonnie should have looked before crossing. Thought it was odd that they didn't tell Bonnie her brother was the person in theatre ,the inital reason Jonny was late. Not looking forward to Jac getting blamed for ages (if thats the case).

Absolutely.

You have leave owing to you, Jonny, so go and don't return.
  • Options
    GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said in the Jac appreciation thread
    In fairness to him, he is going to lash out and blame Jac, despite the fact that he made the decision to stay. Jac was playing mind games with him IMHO and he rose to the bait. I love and adore Jac BTW. As others have said, who in their right mind goes into work on their wedding day, but then it was such a short notice wedding that maybe it was not possible to get the time off?

I was totally not expecting that and shouted OMFG !!!! :o
  • Options
    ArtemsGirlArtemsGirl Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Wow what a shock! I wish Joseph came back
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CharlieC95 wrote: »

Presumably if Jac had said that she loves him then he wouldn't have even turned up to the wedding... So I find it hard to feel sympathy for Jonny given how he seemed to just be settling for Bonnie because Jac wouldn't say what he wanted to hear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Presumably if Jac had said that she loves him then he wouldn't have even turned up to the wedding... So I find it hard to feel sympathy for Jonny given how he seemed to just be settling for Bonnie because Jac wouldn't say what he wanted to hear.

My thoughts exactly! However I think I have a rough idea of the exact road this storyline will now be going down and I have a feeling it'll be boring. :(
  • Options
    Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The slow motion was very well done tonight. Real heart in mouth moment.
  • Options
    susanne fansusanne fan Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On another point, the actress who plays Sochia(?) is excellent, I think. I can see her going on to bigger things, as long as she doesn't get hit by any passing lorries or anything...

Yep I just said the same on Twitter, she's fantastic
This discussion has been closed.