Options

How will Phil react to Lucy's death?

Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am just wondering what path TPTB will follow.

If they are setting him up for a fall (which I hope will be because of Sharon's revenge to redeem her character somewhat) then I expect we will see him become even more hardhearted and obnoxious than usual.

Just look at his lack of remorse over his actions at Nick's wake. Of all the people to apologise to Dot he was the only one who could not be arsed.

King Philth only cares about number one, so I wonder if they so go down this route how Sharon will react as well. After all Ian is her best friend in Walford and will be utterly devastated at death of his daughter, it is every parent's worst nightmare.

Just a few thoughts. :)

Comments

• Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me i don't think he will pay no remarks on it because she is not family
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Patrick wrote: »

Ian is his former step-son though that has been totally forgotten now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess he will offer condolences but what else can he do? what else should he do? Yes Ian is former step-son and half-brother to Ben and Lola is going out with Peter but ultimately its not really Phil's storyline is it?
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Get up Luce, I own you. Dead or not, if you're running properties in this community, then I get a cut. I am the community."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    "Get up Luce, I own you. Dead or not, if you're running properties in this community, then I get a cut. I am the community."

Exactly.

I could almost see this happening! :D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options
    tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deflate slightly?
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philth has no soul :(
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He won't care. Despite her being his former step granddaughter. He will probably laugh in Ian's face when it happens!
  • Options
    BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll probably make a disparaging remark about her ending the same way as her mother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    Deflate slightly?

Yup :D

He'll go to the funeral, but he'd probably find any excuse to have a pop at Ian. Seriously, Philth needs to learn something about social conduct, if his behaviour at Nick's wake is anything to go by.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll do this to Ian, the unfeeling swine:

http://youtu.be/5Xan2dkMouM
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Sharon will probably try to drag him round with her to offer support to Ian, Phil will feel awkward because of everything that's happened with Ian in the past and will try to get out of it. Phil will most probably begrudgingly say 'sorry for your loss' in order to please Sharon, but Ian being distraught will probably lash out as Phil would be the last person he'd want to see and wouldn't want his fake sympathy.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Sharon will probably try to drag him round with her to offer support to Ian, Phil will feel awkward because of everything that's happened with Ian in the past and will try to get out of it. Phil will most probably begrudgingly say 'sorry for your loss' in order to please Sharon, but Ian being distraught will probably lash out as Phil would be the last person he'd want to see and wouldn't want his fake sympathy.

I do think it's weird that Sharon and Ian are best friends and yet she let's her thug of a boyfriend bully and torment Ian. I wouldn't want Sharon as a friend!
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ermaehgawd!!!!😡😡😡
    She's one of them kids that gate crashed the Albert and drank all ma profits.......Ian get your weasel butt here...Sharon open the toilet Door!!!
  • Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian is his former step-son though that has been totally forgotten now.

he bullys Ian
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Phil be upset by Lucy's death, a chance to soften him a bit and show the viewers he's still a human being with feelings. Remember he was once her step-grandfather he was married to Lucy's grandmother Kathy and Kathy was extremely close to her grandkids and would babysit them regularly during her relationship with Phil. So Phil would have seen a lot of Lucy when she was a small child, her death could be quite upsetting for him. I doubt this will actually happen though he'll probably shrug his shoulders when he hears the news and and then go back to bullying and tormenting Ian.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    I do think it's weird that Sharon and Ian are best friends and yet she let's her thug of a boyfriend bully and torment Ian. I wouldn't want Sharon as a friend!

I guess Kathy was a bad mother then? Since she was married to Phil and on more than one occasion backed Phil over Ian. If we are judging Kathy was far worse since she was his mother.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grunt, whisper something then tell everyone to get back to work.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »

I wouldn't want Sharon as a friend anyway :o Far too snooty and bitchy :p
    I'd like to see Phil be upset by Lucy's death, a chance to soften him a bit and show the viewers he's still a human being with feelings. Remember he was once her step-grandfather he was married to Lucy's grandmother Kathy and Kathy was extremely close to her grandkids and would babysit them regularly during her relationship with Phil. So Phil would have seen a lot of Lucy when she was a small child, her death could be quite upsetting for him. I doubt this will actually happen though he'll probably shrug his shoulders when he hears the news and and then go back to bullying and tormenting Ian.

He'll probably be shocked when he first finds out and be a bit wobbled by it.. but won't show any sympathy or sadness for it. He'll shrug while Sharon tries to force him to show some compassion towards Ian.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess Kathy was a bad mother then? Since she was married to Phil and on more than one occasion backed Phil over Ian. If we are judging Kathy was far worse since she was his mother.

Back when Kathy was married to Phil he was a much nicer person and occasionally in the right hence Kathy siding with him over Ian. Now however Phil is nothing but a vile bully who torments a mentally fragile man for nothing but his own amusement. Sharon is an awful friend to Ian for allowing it and not reprimanding Phil. If Kathy were still alive there's no way she would stand for it.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grunt, whisper something then tell everyone to get back to work.

This!

With an added "grieve on your own time, not mine" at Jay and Daxtaaaaar.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He never used to be this big a **** though. He's very one dimensional now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Patrick wrote: »

Lucy is Phil's Former step grand-daughter.

Although that is never actually mentioned or referenced.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Back when Kathy was married to Phil he was a much nicer person and occasionally in the right hence Kathy siding with him over Ian. Now however Phil is nothing but a vile bully who torments a mentally fragile man for nothing but his own amusement. Sharon is an awful friend to Ian for allowing it and not reprimanding Phil. If Kathy were still alive there's no way she would stand for it.

I disagree he changed when he became an alcoholic that was Phil at his worst and that was while he was married to Kathy. He was even being physically abusive far worse than now. When was the last time Phil assaulted Ian it was a rather long time ago. He does bully him but to suggest he didn't when he was married to Kathy is simply untrue. Hell on the double date long before the marriage he was assaulting him shoving his head down the loo. Phil treated Kathy far worse than he has Sharon. He attacked her, bullied her and cheated on her. So much nicer person before the alcoholism but not while he was married to Kathy.

And Kathy did take Phil's side over Ian who is her son many times.