wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is one great kid he coached too.
  • Options
    cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Will is a genius and a terrific coach to Jermaine whose vocal performance tonight was amazing. Love the pair or them.
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I love Will he's so genuine and you can tell he has a passion for music he's ridiculously talented as well I hope he's back next series .
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will along with the rest of the judges are so much better than Cowell and his lackies, their performances as artists and judges have been so good.

Will knows what works, and that song choice for Jermaine was genius.
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally thought Will did everything in his power to get a win for the girl with the fringe. He looked particularly underwhelmed when the result was announced and then ruined Jermaine`s final song with that pathetic little speech he made.
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    I really don't think he was expecting it to be honest.
  • Options
    mashitupmashitup Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    cazzbar wrote: »
    I think Will is a genius and a terrific coach to Jermaine whose vocal performance tonight was amazing. Love the pair or them.
    Absolutely :cool:
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes their duet will live long in the memory.

/sarcasm.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »

I don't think so either. But he's by far the best coach for his acts, originality all the way.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Will learned from last year when he potentially put people off by going on and on about Leah. He was a lot more subdued this year when it came to praising his acts.

Unfortunately, it seems Ricky fell in that trap this time.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I think Will learned from last year when he potentially put people off by going on and on about Leah. He was a lot more subdued this year when it came to praising his acts.

Yeah I thought Ricky fell right into that trap.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In fairness I think Ricky was sincere if OTT

Shrewd choices by Will - showed a different side to Jermaine
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also think he didn't want Jermaine to win. Will knows when you win the voice you are signed into some contract that probably will give Jermaine restrictions to what Will really wants him to pursue and that is helping his community.

Last week when Sophie did not get through he was obviously disappointed and on Will's tweeter there was no buzz or comments from Will that Jermaine had got through to the final before or after the semi's.

Jermaine did not get any comments or praise about his voice from Will only the goodness and commitment he has for his community.

Love the Voice but once again we had an odd final.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    I also think he didn't want Jermaine to win. Will knows when you win the voice you are signed into some contract that probably will give Jermaine restrictions to what Will really wants him to pursue and that is helping his community.

Last week when Sophie did not get through he was obviously disappointed and on Will's tweeter there was no buzz or comments from Will that Jermaine had got through to the final before or after the semi's.

Jermaine did not get any comments or praise about his voice from Will only the goodness and commitment he has for his community.

Love the Voice but once again we had an odd final.

I thought that too-but I don't think Sophie would have won overall.

Have to say Will is quite a character, found him annoying at first but I think he would be a big loss now.
    Congrats to him anyway.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he was pleased for Jermaine, but he was a bit subdued. Earlier on in the show he didn't he say he had conflicting feelings about who he wanted to win? I don't think he felt that way last year with Leah and I don't think the others felt the way, but I still think he was excited but knows Jermaine needs to work hard.

I do think he wanted Sophie through to the final, even though Jermaine was his fast pass. The whole asking Cheryl to phone in bit was very tacky and a bit silly I thought. I think we all know how close they are so obviously she is going to support his act! But aside from stuff like that I do like Will as a mentor.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he knows the label is not good, maybe he feels that with Jermaine winning he won't get the 'music' success he wants.
    He probably would have prefered to sign Jermaine himself, help him with his music career as well as stuff that Jermaine is passionate about (helping his community)
    I like Will, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I watch his documentary, it was soo nice to see how he helps his community, and you could tell he is actively involved in his projects.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I think he knows the label is not good, maybe he feels that with Jermaine winning he won't get the 'music' success he wants.
    He probably would have prefered to sign Jermaine himself, help him with his music career as well as stuff that Jermaine is passionate about (helping his community)
    I like Will, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I watch his documentary, it was soo nice to see how he helps his community, and you could tell he is actively involved in his projects.

Yep I agree. I also think it was lovely how exciting he was for Christina, Sally and Jamie, you could tell he really wanted them to shine too which is lovely.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Will, but I found all the stuff about Jermain working for his community a bit much. It was after all, a singing contest, not a who is the noblest and worthiest winner in terms of their intended future services to mankind. Or maybe I'm just a big old cynic :blush:.:p
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,168
    Forum Member
    I do think Wil outsmarted himself this year. From the beginning it always seemed as if Jermain was never really his "first" choice (even in the auditions he appeared to press for Jermain accidentally). I felt the fast pass was to ensure that his true favourite (Sophie) would have an easier time when it came to the public vote. Wil threw everything into Sophie's performance last week and yet Jermain breezed past her into the final.

The problem for Wil (as I see it) was that he did not take into consideration how likeable Jermain was. The guy didn't have come on with a sob story, he came across as a nice lad with a good voice who just needed a break (something TXF used to do very well). We didn't see any tears, gimmicks or "kookiness" just a young kid who grew up in a tough area, adored his family and worked hard in his community.

I do think Wil let him down with the duet. However, the "street" in Jermain knew that for his final performance it was all or nothing and he gave it everything. When he came out for that final song we heard how much he wanted to win and the voters responded. Where I do give Wil credit is that Jermain's voice has improved under his guidance and the difference between the audition version and the final was immense.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed that Will was genuinely supportive of Jermain in all his ambitions and pleased for him winning.

Maybe his disappointment last week was empathy for Sophie - she is even younger than Jermain and must have been disappointed. It was better for her that Will appeared disappointed than if he'd been all over Jermain saying how great he was.

The song choices seemed a bit wacky, but with hindsight they did the job. When Jermain came out with that final performance it was a real surprise! I'm not sure what the point of him descending from the rafters was for Wrecking Ball and the Willie Wonka song was rather odd for someone with the sort of voice Jermain has. I've concluded that Will must be pretty canny about the public taste!
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Will IS a genius. He is a bit of the Willie Wonka of music. Sometimes his wacky ideas work and sometimes not (as in the duet) but he is passionate about what he does and you can't fault him for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get Will at all, from his pretentious name to his 'Emperor's new clothes' image - that is, we all think he is supposed to be all cool and clever when in fact he isn't all that as a singer, nor as a performer, and he is ALL about image rather than substance.

He looked totally gobsmacked when Jermaine won, and absolutely ruined it with that ridiculous 'speech' which quite frankly was an insult to Jermaine.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Will doesn't pretend to be a singer in any way shape or form.

He's a musician, performer and producer first and foremost - and if you asked him he'd probably admit he is the weakest vocalist on the panel - because unlike the others he isn't a singer first. His antics on stage with the Black Eyed Peas were fun, and balanced out Fergies vocals. When on stage as a solo act - he plays to his strengths which are showmanship and performance, borne out in series 1 when he got Tyler to do most of the singing - and last year when he got Leah to sing while he danced around.

If anything he was probably gutted Jermain won as he wanted to help him as he has Leah and Tyler, while Jermain is now tied in to the record company
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member

To be fair, Leah is a once in a lifetime singer, she's the best one to come from this show and is tipped for huge success by the likes of Steven Tyler and Seal when her and Will toured and did a Grammys event in honouring Carole King (https://www.facebook.com/leahmcfallmusic) . Will has really pushed the boat out for her, and will do the same with Jermaine I hope.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree he wasn't expecting it, but for obvious reasons. He was quite emotional when the result was announced. Even Jermain looked shocked.

Well done to the British Public for voting for the best act of the night.