Options

BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiotuner wrote: »
    Was that a work experience boy doing breakfast with Caroline barker this morning?

Perhaps he was. Didn't seem too bad. Everyone has to learn sometime. Others have had their comfy slots for ten years and get worse not better.
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems the Saturday 606 with Savage and Fletcher ( the two most knowledgeable people in the world of football) as sadly turned into the comedy hour, tomorrow we will get the usual Arsenal phone in with "Your a legend Wrighty" ...........Bring back Greeny please.:(
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems the Saturday 606 with Savage and Fletcher ( the two most knowledgeable people in the world of football) as sadly turned into the comedy hour, tomorrow we will get the usual Arsenal phone in with "Your a legend Wrighty" ...........Bring back Greeny please.:(

Tonight was much more like how 606 was originally with less serious chat and things like the memorabilia chat

There wasn't a huge story in today's games so the show did need some padding
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done 5live in binning the execrable patrick strudwick from the paper reviews. No idea who the guy putting the left wing slant is but he's doing it admirably without recourse to the polemic insults that were Strudwick's modus operandi. It's Currie who's coming over as the more offensive by far.
  • Options
    JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radiotuner wrote: »
    Was that a work experience boy doing breakfast with Caroline barker this morning?

I didn't hear yesterday's program, but if it's the same guy today, he doesn't appear to have improved much. Sounds very nervous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Don't know about him but Caroline Barker is awful - can't listen !!
  • Options
    U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_LeBob wrote: »

You do realise that it is Sam Walker co presenting do you ?

Or is it that you weren't listening and assumed Caroline was presenting and thought you'd post another negative comment about her
  • Options
    Black CrowBlack Crow Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't hear yesterday's program, but if it's the same guy today, he doesn't appear to have improved much. Sounds very nervous

Is it not Phil Gayle who is co-presenting this weekend? He was on the Big Breakfast years ago and has been a journalist for years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do realise that it is Sam Walker co presenting do you ?

Or is it that you weren't listening and assumed Caroline was presenting and thought you'd post another negative comment about her

Yes I admit that I wasn't listening today.
    I'm still entitled to my opinion though.
    Why is she being used for main presenting jobs after having only been a part time sports reporter(and not a very good one at that)
    She has a terribly annoying upward inflection in her voice and I can't take her seriously when she's trying to deal with heavyweight news.
    Each to their own.
    Pardon me for having an opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Give him a break. Makes a change from the massive egos.
  • Options
    U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is she being used for main presenting jobs after having only been a part time sports reporter(and not a very good one at that)
    She has a terribly annoying upward inflection in her voice and I can't take her seriously when she's trying to deal with heavyweight news.
    Each to their own.

What a poor justification of a post that seems as if it was intended to have been made as if you were listening to her at the time of posting

No one says you cant have an opinion. It would be more pertinent if it was used in context though
  • Options
    JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give him a break. Makes a change from the massive egos.

I was giving him a break. That's why I said nervous and not poor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a poor justification of a post that seems as if it was intended to have been made as if you were listening to her at the time of posting

No one says you cant have an opinion. It would be more pertinent if it was used in context though

Why is it a poor justification and who are you to judge ?
    I tuned in yesterday and had to switch off.
    I love Peter Allen but can't listen to drive when Caroline Barker is on.
    Are you ok with that if do you want to post another
    pointless riposte ?
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    There wasn't a huge story in today's games so the show did need some padding
    I would rather they let the fans decide the direction of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This morning's nervousness was a welcome break from Nolan and the loathsome Currie and tired and stale Duton. Fresh it up say I.
  • Options
    Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own.

And here's my opinion. You're talking shit. And you've invalidated your post by admitting you weren't listening & just assumed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And here's my opinion. You're talking shit. And you've invalidated your post by admitting you weren't listening & just assumed.

You're a real charmer aren't you :-)
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a real charmer aren't you :-)

You have hardly been the perfect gentleman in your replies either.

I'm not sure how anyone can post a credible critique of something they confess to not
    listening to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    I would rather they let the fans decide the direction of the show.

They do, the calls were varied last night, they just added a feature in to make the show a little bit more interesting
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    They do, the calls were varied last night, they just added a feature in to make the show a little bit more interesting

Best call was the other night when Savage kept constantly mentioning how bad Marouane Fellaini is for Man U and how much he cost, the caller pointed out that when fans mention the cost when criticizing certain players on the phone in Savage always shoots them down very loudly with "it's nothing to do with the money",certainly showed Savage seems to have a problem with Fellaini.:)
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Kelly C and Wrighty

great listen on a Sunday night

kelly C very good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best call was the other night when Savage kept constantly mentioning how bad Marouane Fellaini is for Man U and how much he cost, the caller pointed out that when fans mention the cost when criticizing certain players on the phone in Savage always shoots them down very loudly with "it's nothing to do with the money",certainly showed Savage seems to have a problem with Fellaini.:)

When you're the Controller's pal it doesn't matter if your IQ is lower than your shirt number.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He says that when wages are bought into it with generic comments like "He earns £x so should be...."

To be fair, Fellaini has hardly been criticism free form other pundits and Utd fans
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A repeat of rent a gob Joey Barton and Pubic Hair on the same night!
  • Options
    streaky-baconstreaky-bacon Posts: 429
    Forum Member

I have to disagree, I think Caroline is one of the better co-hosts that Peter has had. She is very natural without the false laughter of Anna Foster and Aasmah Mir - and don't get me started on Sam Walker.

It is really unprofessional the way VD can be heard speaking to her producer during the travel and weather, with her experience she really should know to close her microphone. It is another example of the problems from VD being in London and her producer in Salford, others include not knowing when the sport or travel has finished.
This discussion has been closed.