Options

Danielle O'Hara

Comments

• Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    You see now this is the kind of totally rational and reasonable post I can get behind.

No deliberately bitchy or overly emotive language Check.
    No bizarre slagging off, of physical appearance. Check.
    Reasoned and justified arguments. Check.

I can't say I disagree with any of this actually.

Oh hush! That has been said about twenty times already on the thread. :D

Bless you, we'll get sloopy to translate for you in future, it will save you looking like you are baiting for fun.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    The fact that you struggle to see "ugly" as anything other than appearance based is the problem here.

She is ugly. Her ugliness has nothing to do with facial symmetry,

You're making an awful lot of assumptions here.. and we all know what they say about people who assume.

I don't struggle to see ugly as 'anything other than appearance based'. That is a total nonsense. If you want to debate then great. If you want to make stuff up as you go along then I may leave you to do it with other posters!
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being anti racism isn't a reasoned or justified argument?

That tells me EVERYTHING I knew already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh hush! That has been said about twenty times already on the thread. :D

Bless you, we'll get sloopy to translate for you in future, it will save you looking like you are baiting for fun.

Are you being deliberately obtuse I wonder? Hmm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're making an awful lot of assumptions here.. and we all know what they say about people who assume.

I don't struggle to see ugly as 'anything other than appearance based;. That is a total nonsense. If you want to debate then great. If you want to make stuff up as you go along then I may leave you to do it with other posters!

That you haven't bothered to acknowledge it in the many times it has been stated until Sloopy's post, stops it being total nonsense. Debate means to listen or read the other's pov before countering it...so not really sure you are up to the job, based on today's performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That you haven't bothered to acknowledge it in the many times it has been stated until Sloopy's post, stops it being total nonsense. Debate means to listen or read the other's pov before countering it...so not really sure you are up to the job, based on today's performance.

Woah there. At what point did you become forum leader telling others when and where they should post. You assume that I see other posts exactly as you do which again is a nonsense.

I'm not sure which bit is difficult for you to understand here-

Sloopys post came across as totally normal, and their dislike of her seems totally rational and calm and adult. Others do not. Not even close.

It really is as simple as that.

I'm not sure you are 'up to the job' of actually having a sensible conversation. To use your own condescending language, aww, bless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woah there. At what point did you become forum leader telling others when and where they should post. You assume that I see other posts exactly as you do which again is a nonsense.

I'm not sure which bit is difficult for you to understand here-

Sloopys post came accross as totally normal, and their dislike of her seems totally rational and calm. Others do not. Not even close.

It really is as simple as that.

I'm not sure you are 'up to the job' of actually having a sensible conversation. To use your own condescending language, aww, bless.

Where have I told you where to post? I just said I didn't think you were up for a debate with me. As you have proven.
    Calm down, dear, it's only a forum.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she was sleeping with Teddy Sheringham (who had the good sense/advice to distance himself from her after the CBB debacle) while he was a judge at the final of Miss Great Britain - that was deemed as "bringing the pageant into disrepute" and she was stripped of her title.

Which was later reinstated
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You conveniently omit to mention that I have already stated that the term 'pig ugly' refers to her personality.

You're constantly telling us how we must be 'jellus' by virtue of having a negative opinion. But you seem to lack actual opinions on the people we are supposedly jealous of.

You have also completely disregarded my reasons for disliking her - namely - her disgusting racism. I admit my language is emotive - but - call me old fashioned - racism is a disgusting and abhorrent trait and there is no excuse for it.

Still, you carry on with the little digs and the passive aggressive approach. If you think I am so dumb and shallow then you know what? I don't care. I don't know you.

I'm not constantly telling you anything. I have made the point on several occasions that I can totally see why the way some people post leads to others calling them jealous. That's all.
    Some people appear to be mystified, as if they really don't know why the jellus word ever comes up on the showbiz forum. I am merely saying if they genuinely want to know the answer, it's there in black and white for them.

This does not mean I am calling them jealous, merely I can see why it get's bandied around on here. It's pretty damned obvious I'd say.

Oh and clearly racism is disgusting, but that's a given and not directly relevant to the points I was making.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which was later reinstated

That's nice for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where have I told you where to post? I just said I didn't think you were up for a debate with me. As you have proven.
    Calm down, dear, it's only a forum.

I am generally always calm dear. I'm Zen personified luv (or insert any other suitably condescending word of your choice here!). :cool:

As you say, it's only a forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not constantly telling you anything. I have made the point on several occasions that I can totally see why the way some people post leads to others calling them jealous. That's all.
    Some people appear to be mystified, as if they really don't know why the jellus word ever comes up on the showbiz forum. I am merely saying if they genuinely want to know the answer, it's there in black and white for them.

This does not mean I am calling them jealous, merely I can see why it get's bandied around on here. It's pretty damned obvious I'd say.

Oh and clearly racism is disgusting, but that's a given and not directly relevant to the points I was making.

If you say so.

The problem is you have ignored all the points I was making. You say racism is irrelevant to the point you're making - but it's the very reason why I loathe Danielle O'Hara.

And as this is a thread about Danielle O'Hara, you have given no opinion about her whatsoever. All you have done is make personal comments about other posters and some sweeping generalisations about jealousy.

All mixed in with some absurd nonsense about Rebecca Adlington - who IS completely irrelevant to this discussion.

If you at least tackled some of the points I was making or had an opinion about the protagonist of the thread then it might be easier to engage you in conversation.

But it's quite clear what your motivations are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you say so.

The problem is you have ignored all the points I was making. You say racism is irrelevant to the point you're making - but it's the very reason why I loathe Danielle O'Hara.

And as this is a thread about Danielle O'Hara, you have given no opinion about her whatsoever. All you have done is make personal comments about other posters and some sweeping generalisations about jealousy.

All mixed in with some absurd nonsense about Rebecca Adlington - who IS completely irrelevant to this discussion.

If you at least tackled some of the points I was making or had an opinion about the protagonist of the thread then it might be easier to engage you in conversation.

But it's quite clear what your motivations are.

I am tackling one point and one point alone here, so let's not try and muddy the waters.
    It's not a case of not acknowledging the other points made or not being able to tackle them (again I'd wager a fairly young child with a basic grasp of right and wrong could tell you that racism is wrong for example).

The problem comes when people shift the goal posts as is happening here or squirm uneasily at the point I am making. It's really not all that confusing what I've said.

I'm purely talking about the trend to continually slagging off of certain conventionally attractive females physical appearance (and I am not talking about them being 'ugly' inside etc) by other females, the language they use and the manner and tone of their posts.

That's all.

Some people probably think it's quite clear what your, er, 'motivations' are also. ;-)
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    With your obvious dislike of the girl, you'd probably think that, even if she had a qualification in quantum physics (I know she hasn't got one of those, just using it as an example!)

I'm not condoning what she did in the Big Brother house, but its funny how its always comes up when someone wants to justify their hate for a woman in the public eye.

If a bloke did the same thing, it would just be brushed under the carpet, with everyone saying "boys will be boys" But no doubt Danielle's actions will still be discussed in 10 years.
    Just like the Cheryl Cole incident that happened years ago, still being bought up to justify a particular posters hatred for her.

Oh, and then there is Tulisa, who'll probably get the same treatment for years.

Hang on a minute, I said one thing. One little thing. I don't think I've really commented on her much before so not sure where you get "obvious dislike" from or why the rest of your rant about Big Brother and her being a racist is aimed at me :confused: (which she is by the way - anyone who uses the P word tends to be)

Do I dislike her? She's not really on my radar to be honest. .I just think she's vapid, a bit slutty and pointless but there are others out there who irritate me much more.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Wow the libel on this thread is shocking, didnt ds close the last thread about her due to libel comments from the same users!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am tackling one point and one point alone here, so let's not try and muddy the waters.
    It's not a case of not acknowledging the other points made or not being able to tackle them (again I'd wager a fairly young child with a basic grasp of right and wrong could tell you that racicism is wrong for example).

The problem comes when people shift the goal posts as is happening here or squirm uneasily at the point I am making. It's really not all that confusing what I've said.

I'm purely taklking about the trend to continualyl slagging off of certain conventionally attractive females physical appearance (and I am not talking about them being 'ugly' inside etc) by other females, the language they use and the manner and tone of their posts.

That's all.

Some people probably think it's quite clear what your, er, 'motivations' are also. ;-)

You're shifting your own goalposts.

Let me repeat again:

IMHO, Danielle O'Hara is a vicious, unpleasant racist who has never apologised for her disgusting behaviour in the CBB house.

The point that you are making (although you keep insisting that you're NOT Making it) is that criticism of female 'attractive' celebrities is only done by women and is a result of jealousy.

You say that 'a child' knows that racism is wrong - & yet you ignore my point about O'Hara's racist behaviour and keep on peddling your 'jellusy' wares.

Again, you still have offered absolutely NO opinion on her whatsoever.

My 'motivation' as you put it is simply to tell you that I despise Danielle O'Hara because she is racist. Nothing more. Nothing less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm purely taklking about the trend to continualyl slagging off of certain conventionally attractive females physical appearance (and I am not talking about them being 'ugly' inside etc) by other females, the language they use and the manner and tone of their posts.

That's all.

Oh, change the record pal - it is beyond boring 😏
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, change the record pal - it is beyond boring 😏

I'd say all posters and opinions are allowed, even if you may find it boring or disagree with them.

The Showbiz section is a fascinating one to observe, the way people post and who might be next targeted for the 'virtiol'. My thesis is coming along nicely!

I'd hope my opinion is as valid as yours or any other no? I know posting on Showbiz is like sticking your head in the jaws of a croc at times but we can all post without others telling them off or telling them to go away I hope.

If I said-

'she iz well fick innit, she's a chav ugly plastic bitch, what a slaaag!' will that be more in keeping with the general kind of posts round here? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a case of not acknowledging the other points made or not being able to tackle them (again I'd wager a fairly young child with a basic grasp of right and wrong could tell you that racism is wrong for example).

I'm purely talking about the trend to continually slagging off of certain conventionally attractive females physical appearance (and I am not talking about them being 'ugly' inside etc) by other females, the language they use and the manner and tone of their posts.

That's all.

Unless you equally believe that men who "slag off" a woman's looks are jealous your point is null and void. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (therefore beauty is subjective) and what "conventional" beauty actually is changes all the time. Who are you to dictate who anyone else should find beautiful?

However, this is all negated by the fact that the ugliness is question is O'Hara's personality, and that has been pointed out to you several times, in several ways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say all posters and opinions are allowed, even if you may find it boring or disagree with them.

The Showbiz section is a fascinating one to observe, the way people post and who might be next targeted for the 'virtiol'. My thesis is coming along nicely!

I'd hope my opinion is as valid as yours or any other no? I know posting on Showbiz is like sticking your head in the jaws of a croc at times but we can all post without others telling them off or telling them to go away I hope.

If I said-

'she iz well fick innit, she's a chav ugly plastic bitch, what a slaaag!' will that be more in keeping with the general kind of posts round here? :p

Let's hope your thesis is far better researched than your posts, otherwise I think you may be heading for the C/D border in your psych GCSE. You realise you need to be able to explain both sides of the debate before you show your own POV or bias?

Let me know if I can help you with your homework, though. ;-)
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Wow the libel on this thread is shocking, didnt ds close the last thread about her due to libel comments from the same users!

I must have missed the previous thread about her. What has been posted that is libellous?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're shifting your own goalposts..

No I'm not. I've been consistent from the off here.
    Let me repeat again:

IMHO, Danielle O'Hara is a vicious, unpleasant racist who has never apologised for her disgusting behaviour in the CBB house..

Ok. Still not ugly though (well not when talking purely about aesthetics anyway)
    The point that you are making (although you keep insisting that you're NOT Making it) is that criticism of female 'attractive' celebrities is only done by women and is a result of jealousy..

No that is not the point I am making. Far from it. What an odd thing to read into it. I am perfectly eloquent when it comes to making the points I want to make thank you without them being twisted into something else by others.
    You say that 'a child' knows that racism is wrong - & yet you ignore my point about O'Hara's racist behaviour and keep on peddling your 'jellusy' wares..

We could both play this game- you seem to totally ignore virtually every point I make yet keep bleating on about some point you are making which I have already addressed. Racism is wrong and pretty disgusting. There you go, I've gone and done it again!
    Again, you still have offered absolutely NO opinion on her whatsoever..

And your point it what exactly? Threads evolve. What on earth makes you think I need to post my personal opinion on her at your demand? What an odd thing to post. Seeing as you asked so, er, nicely, let's just say I'm not a fan of hers.
    My 'motivation' as you put it is simply to tell you that I despise Danielle O'Hara because she is racist. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The use of the word 'despise' re a z list celeb you don't even know speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let's hope your thesis is far better researched than your posts, otherwise I think you may be heading for the C/D border in your psych GCSE. You realise you need to be able to explain both sides of the debate before you show your own POV or bias?

Owned! ✋
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Owned! ✋

Owned? Hardly.

This is like observing a playground (and a primary school one at that) at times. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Your laughable attempts at denigration may work on the feeble minded and easily led but will get short shrift here. You talk about debate yet appear to have none of the prerequisite attributes necessary for it.

Oh and a word of advice- don't become a teacher, as your perception of what I may or may not have get for GSCE, (or other slightly tougher examinations) are somewhat wide of the mark. ;-)

I'll give you an 'E' for effort though.
This discussion has been closed.