Options

Danielle O'Hara

Comments

• Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    AOTB wrote: »
    Owned? Hardly.

This is like observing a playground (and a primary school one at that) at times. :D

Only when you get involved my friend 😘

I would never tell anyone how to post but I just wish you would say something different.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Unless you equally believe that men who "slag off" a woman's looks are jealous your point is null and void. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (therefore beauty is subjective) and what "conventional" beauty actually is changes all the time. Who are you to dictate who anyone else should find beautiful?

You're doing that old assumption thing again aren't you. Tut tut.

I have not said I think all women who continually slag off conventionally attractive women are all jealous. At no point have I said that and I can categorically tell you I most certainly do NOT think that.

I am saying I can see why when they post as they do, others might be led to think that way.

There is a massive difference that you and indeed others still fail to grasp.

Oh and of course beauty is subjective but as you will no doubt be aware there have been many a scientific study into attractiveness. That bit's not so subjective.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your laughable attempts at denigration may work on the feeble minded and easily led but will get short shrift here. You talk about debate yet appear to have none of the prerequisite attributes necessary for it.

Oh and a word of advice- don't become a teacher, as your perception of what I may or may not have get for GSCE, (or other slightly tougher examinations) are somewhat wide of the mark. ;-)

I'll give you an 'E' for effort though.

Uh-huh. None of which explains why you have chosen to spend an afternoon deliberately misreading my posts in order to attempt to prove your superiority to me.

Still, it kept you off the streets, huh?:D
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I'm not. I've been consistent from the off here.

Ok. Still not ugly though (well not when talking purely about aesthetics anyway)

No that is not the point I am making. Far from it. What an odd thing to read into it. I am perfectly eloquent when it comes to making the points I want to make thank you without them being twisted into something else by others.

We could both play this game- you seem to totally ignore virtually every point I make yet keep bleating on about some point you are making which I have already addressed. Racism is wrong and pretty disgusting. There you go, I've gone and done it again!

And your point it what exactly? Threads evolve. What on earth makes you think I need to post my personal opinion on her at your demand? What an odd thing to post. Seeing as you asked so, er, nicely, let's just say I'm not a fan of hers.

The use of the word 'despise' re a z list celeb you don't even know speaks volumes.

Ooops.

It's my old fashioned values again.

Y'know - intensely loathing someone because they're racist and um, kinda expecting a thread's members to mention the subject of the thread at some point, instead of posting the same point again and again and again, without expressing an opinion on the protagonist of the thread.

My bad, obviously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only when you get involved my friend 😘

I would never tell anyone how to post but I just wish you would say something different.

Oh come on now Tweacle. It's a rare thing when I dip my toes into the murky waters of showbiz. I rarely post about this- I'm more fighting the good fight on all manner of other topics elsewhere. Honest.

Playing Devil's advocate, would you also say you wish those who appear with alarming regularity on these threads slagging off women should say something different too or is this just reserved for me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Uh-huh. None of which explains why you have chosen to spend an afternoon deliberately misreading my posts in order to attempt to prove your superiority to me.

Still, it kept you off the streets, huh?:D

You think I'm the one misreading posts or attempting to prove superiority? Laughable, when you consider your posts to me really.

The hypocrisy of someone mocking someone else for lacking debating skills when they have little to none themselves will no doubt be lost on you also.

Oh and if half a dozen posts once in a blue moon constitutes posting too much, perhaps you might want to have a look at those who spend far more than 'an afternoon' doing it.

I'd wager I'll be pretty far down the 'list'.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah come to think of it, I am so so jealous of the racist, trashy bully Danielle O'Hara. If only I could tell a visitor to this country to "**** off back home" as she did on CBB, I'm sure it would really improve my self worth. I love how she dated an assortment of footballers until she found one stupid enough to get her pregnant and then marry her, she's such an inspiration to women everywhere..... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're doing that old assumption thing again aren't you. Tut tut.

I am saying I can see why when they post as they do, others might be led to think that way.

And if they do, I would hope that they would do a better job than you of reading the replies that they elicit.

Thank you for your concern, but the 7th or 8th time you make the same response, it kinda seems like you would like to make that point but don't have the courage of your convictions.

If that is not the case, perhaps you should be aware that some people might read your posts and be led to think that you really are a bit of a snobby misogynist, trying to find a way to diminish people who you somehow feel superior to. I'm not saying that you do, just that if you post as you do, others might be led to think that way.
    Oh and of course beauty is subjective but as you will no doubt be aware there have been many a scientific study into attractiveness. That bit's not so subjective.

Even within those studies they recognise that there it is subjective. Which is why some people can find Angelina Jolie to be the epitome of beauty to some, whilst being a visual anathema to others.

No scientist will ever tell you that there is an absolute rule for beauty, merely that the more symmetry there is, the attractive that thing/person will be to the majority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think I'm the one misreading posts or attempting to prove superiority? Laughable, when you consider your posts to me really.

The hypocrisy of someone mocking someone else for lacking debating skills when they have little to none themselves will no doubt be lost on you also.

Oh and if half a dozen posts once in a blue moon constitutes posting too much, perhaps you might want to have a look at those who spend far more than 'an afternoon' doing it.

I'd wager I'll be pretty far down the 'list'

Ummm, what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooops.

It's my old fashioned values again.

Y'know - intensely loathing someone because they're racist and um, kinda expecting a thread's members to mention the subject of the thread at some point, instead of posting the same point again and again and again, without expressing an opinion on the protagonist of the thread.

My bad, obviously.

If a fairly basic and simple point is totally misrepresented and misunderstood time and again, sometimes it's worth repeating.

If intensely loathing a z list ex beauty queen who once many moons ago made some disgusting racist remarks on a reality tv show is normal then I think I'll stick with the abnormal thanks!

Her actions on CBB were deplorable. On the flip side you could argue that her multiple relationships and one night stands (I never said she was a classy girl although consenting adults and all that) with black football players etc suggests it's not quite as black and white (forgive the pun) as you make out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a fairly basic and simple point is totally misrepresented and misunderstood time and again, sometimes it's worth repeating.

If intensely loathing a z list ex beauty queen who once many moons ago made some disgusting racist remarks on a reality tv show is normal then I think I'll stick with the abnormal thanks!

Her actions on CBB were deplorable. On the flip side you could argue that her multiple relationships and one night stands (I never said she was a classy girl although consenting adults and all that) with black football players etc suggests it's not quite as black and white (forgive the pun) as you make out.
    :o
    No, that just means that she picks and chooses which race she is racist towards.

Racism is a White vs Black thing - every race can be racist, and can be racist about one or more group.

I think I am done now - I was enjoying this little exchange, but that is just...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ummm, what?

Which bit was difficult for you to grasp?
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Has she been known to have any one-night stands or relationships with any Asian men?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o
    I was enjoying this little exchange,

Well I hope you can at least take comfort from that.

I would happily discuss racism in far greater detail, and the fact that there are of course sliding scales on severity here, much like many many things, but alas, judging by the level of debate (I use this term very loosely), I fear this section of the forum isn't really the place for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she been known to have any one-night stands or relationships with any Asian men?

Don't waste your time, he can't go into any kind of "debate" about that...because logically, shagging various black men obviously means she isn't racist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh come on now Tweacle. It's a rare thing when I dip my toes into the murky waters of showbiz. I rarely post about this- I'm more fighting the good fight on all manner of other topics elsewhere. Honest.

Playing Devil's advocate, would you also say you wish those who appear with alarming regularity on these threads slagging off women should say something different too or is this just reserved for me?

If you are prepared to sell every aspect of your life then people have a right to an opinion on that person, good bad or indifferent.

Look at who is topping the Showbiz forum today - O'Hara, Price, Katona, Heaton, Marsh/Ryder/Marsh/Lomas/Marsh. The same old repeat offenders.

How often do you seen Madonna mentioned on here? Rarely. You know why? Because, whether you like her or not, she has talent, even if it's just pushing people's buttons, and keeps her private life private for the most part.

The thing that gets most people's backs up on here about the repeat offenders is not jealousy of their looks or how much money they have - it's just a frustration that these talentless idiots (though Marsh/Ryder/Marsh/Lomas/Marsh can sing I grant you - not so sure about the acting) are in the public eye at all and worshipped by the Jeremy Kyle generation for being stupid/ill/ pregnant by multiple men/getting married multiple times or a combination of all of the above. It's quite obscene really. Jade Goody opened the floodgates on this tidal wave of sewage and it is still showing no sign of abating.

Pink's "Stupid Girl" pretty much sums it up for me if you'd like to take a listen as part of your thesis.

Would I swap my life for theirs? Well, I like the handbags but no, I wouldn't. I just find it sad that these are the people young girls are looking up to, that's all.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm glad to say I'm not really an expert on Danielle O'Hara's conquests. I know a number of footie players though (mainly from being a Spurs fan).

Judging by some other threads on women like this, I reckon there will be others round these parts who follow her, er, 'career' and indeed life in far more detail than I who no doubt have the list memorised!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If a fairly basic and simple point fluctuates with the wind and doesn't address the rather more complex issues of why people dislike someone then it is not worthy of much other than derision.

Actually, I think it is important NOT to forget her behaviour. It might have been 'many moons ago' but is shows how entrenched racism is in our society. If she had shown any contrition and attempted to atone for her actions - fair play. But she didn't. At any point. I reserve my right to loathe her into perpetuity and will do so.

Shilpa Shetty is Indian.

Black footballers are black.

Racism does not have to simply be 1 race against another. Just because she likes black men does not mean that she is not racist. As her behaviour on CBB exhibited.

As an aside, Shilpa Shetty is very, very beautiful.. A million times more beautiful than Lloyd with her fake breasts, fake hair and fake teeth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad to say I'm not really an expert on Danielle O'Hara's conquests. I know a number of footie players though (mainly from being a Spurs fan).

Judging by some other threads on women like this, I reckon there will be others round these parts who follow her, er, 'career' and indeed life in far more detail than I who no doubt have the list memorised!

Maybe they could inform me then.
    Don't waste your time, he can't go into any kind of "debate" about that...because logically, shagging various black men obviously means she isn't racist.

It would appear you are correct in that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As an aside, Shilpa Shetty is very, very beautiful.. A million times more beautiful than Lloyd with her fake breasts, fake hair and fake teeth.

Amen to that. I was very jealous of Shilpa's hair though - it had perfect bounce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amen to that. I was very jealous of Shilpa's hair though - it had perfect bounce.

She was just so elegant. Facial hair bleaching aside, although she even lent that a certain charm :D
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a fairly basic and simple point fluctuates with the wind and doesn't address the rather more complex issues of why people dislike someone then it is not worthy of much other than derision.

Actually, I think it is important NOT to forget her behaviour. It might have been 'many moons ago' but is shows how entrenched racism is in our society. If she had shown any contrition and attempted to atone for her actions - fair play. But she didn't. At any point. I reserve my right to loathe her into perpetuity and will do so.

Shilpa Shetty is Indian.

Black footballers are black.

Racism does not have to simply be 1 race against another. Just because she likes black men does not mean that she is not racist. As her behaviour on CBB exhibited.

Shilpa is stunning. Sadly though the men who mostly inhabit this forum prefer the plastic bimbo type ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jellus of Lloyd too - admit it. I mean what's NOT to be jellus of? Er............:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you are prepared to sell every aspect of your life then people have a right to an opinion on that person, good bad or indifferent.

Look at who is topping the Showbiz forum today - O'Hara, Price, Katona, Heaton, Marsh/Ryder/Marsh/Lomas/Marsh. The same old repeat offenders.

How often do you seen Madonna mentioned on here? Rarely. You know why? Because, whether you like her or not, she has talent, even if it's just pushing people's buttons, and keeps her private life private for the most part.

The thing that gets most people's backs up on here about the repeat offenders is not jealousy of their looks or how much money they have - it's just a frustration that these talentless idiots (though Marsh/Ryder/Marsh/Lomas/Marsh can sing I grant you - not so sure about the acting) are in the public eye at all and worshipped by the Jeremy Kyle generation for being stupid/pregnant/ill or a combination of all three. It's quite obscene really. Jade Goody opened the floodgates on this tidal wave of sewage and it is still showing no sign of abating.

Pink's "Stupid Girl" pretty much sums it up for me if you'd like to take a listen as part of your thesis.

Would I swap my life for theirs? Well, I like the handbags but no, I wouldn't. I just find it sad that these are the people young girls are looking up to, that's all.

Well isn't this so much nicer? :)

You're not telling me to go away or stop posting as I see fit, or telling me (inaccurately!) I got owned etc and we can actually converse without resorting to one one-upmanship or insults.

You may disagree with my opinion but I'll defend my right to state it as I see fit, regardless of the DS showbiz hordes descending on me or being outnumbered a million to one.

My opinion on this kind of thing may be unpopular, but it does not make it invalid, and I like to think I'm not rude or condescending, well not until others act that way to me first anyway.

If young girls look up to the likes of Danielle O'Hara (or half these celebs that people seem to obsess over) as a role model then that is a pretty damned sad indictment on society I would say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shilpa is stunning. Sadly though the men who mostly inhabit this forum prefer the plastic bimbo type ;-)

I cannot speak for other men on this forum but I can categorically state that I certainly don't. :)
This discussion has been closed.