Options

Final Fantasy X

Comments

• Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Are you on about the right game?? FINAL FANTQSY X??

The only quick button pressing is for overdrives and they're not important at that stage of the game. Are you sure ?? You can put the controller down at any stage during a fight and go make a sandwich or something.

If you are, then shame you couldn't enjoy it. Final Fantasy isn't for everyone.

Yes. I'm playing on Vita

I just can't get past the second battle. Makes no sense to me. Why would you design a game that has no real instructions for the combat system and just chucks you into impossible battles? If the reason is to "learn by punishment" then at least it should restart at the failed battle. Restarting at the beginning of the game is just torture. Unless you're supposed to do something earlier? Once again, no clues here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    You got game over after 10 minutes? No offence but how did you manage that?..

Every time. Like I say, I obviously don't "get it". Either that or I've had a stroke and nobody has told me.

I'm typing this in perfect English from a coma.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I'm playing on Vita

I just can't get past the second battle. Makes no sense to me. Why would you design a game that has no real instructions for the combat system and just chucks you into impossible battles? If the reason is to "learn by punishment" then at least it should restart at the failed battle. Restarting at the beginning of the game is just torture. Unless you're supposed to do something earlier? Once again, no clues here.

No offense but what the hell are you talking about, the only part of the game you could possibly be referring to with the statements
    ''So I get GAME OVER after 10 minutes and I have to go through 8 mins of unskippable cutscenes every time''
    ''I just can't get past the second battle''
    is fighting the little bugs in Zanarkand and the game literally tells you every single instruction to do at the point going so far as to black out almost every option and leave you with only one thing to do, maybe if you are running out of health you should think about using a healing item, other than that (made i'm just woke up and i'm in a bad mood which is way i can't take this serious) this just seems like a bad troll, even something as simple as Call of Duty holds your hands and gives you less instructions than this
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time. Like I say, I obviously don't "get it". Either that or I've had a stroke and nobody has told me.

I'm typing this in perfect English from a coma.

It's not worth getting that frustrated over, relax. I've just never heard of anyone dying at that point before. Out of curiosity, I'm going to start a new game and go to that point. The second battle, right? I wonder if that's the tentacle boss thing, or just the little bug things. You really shouldn't need to input the buttons correctly because you still get an attack that will be effective at that early stage.

EDIT: The second stage of the battle against the winged bug things is impossible to lose. The second battle after that is Sinspawn Ammes and even if you don't input the buttons for the Overdrive at all, all of the Sinspawn will die and the boss only uses Demi, which cannot kill you. Unless it is another battle I simply don't understand how anyone could die because of not imputing buttons... Maybe the next battle could kill you if you don't heal?
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    It could be the fight where you hit the machine thing over the edge by hitting it 3 times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be the fight where you hit the machine thing over the edge by hitting it 3 times.

Even then the game tells you exactly what to do, there is about a 1% chance of failing because even if you miss the cutscenes Auron keeps telling to hit the truck

I'm genuinely bewildered that anyone can get stuck in Zanarkend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    It's not worth getting that frustrated over, relax. I've just never heard of anyone dying at that point before. Out of curiosity, I'm going to start a new game and go to that point. The second battle, right? I wonder if that's the tentacle boss thing, or just the little bug things. You really shouldn't need to input the buttons correctly because you still get an attack that will be effective at that early stage.

EDIT: The second stage of the battle against the winged bug things is impossible to lose. The second battle after that is Sinspawn Ammes and even if you don't input the buttons for the Overdrive at all, all of the Sinspawn will die and the boss only uses Demi, which cannot kill you. Unless it is another battle I simply don't understand how anyone could die because of not imputing buttons... Maybe the next battle could kill you if you don't heal?

Heal???

"Wings are fluttering"???

WTF
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Even then the game tells you exactly what to do, there is about a 1% chance of failing because even if you miss the cutscenes Auron keeps telling to hit the truck

I'm genuinely bewildered that anyone can get stuck in Zanarkend

I can do it every time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could hit it a million times. Never works. Always die.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heal???

"Wings are fluttering"???

WTF

Yes, you can use the item menu to select a healing item. Wings are fluttering means they are gearing up for their Spines attack.

So the problem is that you are dying to the Sinspawn because you aren't healing, and not because Auron's button combo is impossible?

I'm not taking the piss I'm trying to help. Give me more info on what happens to you please.
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAGNIyfwWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFc6FBYdF6E

Two YouTube videos that cover the first section of the game and should help with how to progress although as others have said, it is incredibly difficult (and in some instances impossible) to die during the first few fights in Zanarkand
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can do it every time.

Maybe go on youtube, get a clip of the part you are failing and show us, it shouldn't be that part since you are dying at the start

If you are up to the fight where you need to knock the truck over the edge, you trying to kill every enemy are you, you should be concentrating on the truck and if any enemies power up (wings start to flutter) kill that enemy and then go back to the truck, if you need to heal use tidus to heal (potion in the item menu - that is down from attack) and continue to hit the truck with Auron

If its literally any battle before than, its made perfectly clear what to do, clear a path through the enemies and DO NOT try to kill them all, usually going for the middle ones is the best idea

If you are failing on the boss fight with the tentacles and you are failing the overdrive then that literally has no bearing on your progress, you will just need to get a few more hits in, if you get worried then used a potion on anyone that has yellow HP (that is the health points that go down every time you get hit)

Other than that you'd need to give more details on exactly what happens, there is always the incredibly small chance of a glitch
  • Options
    sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i died at moonflow the first time i ever played to that monster in the water when you ride ze the shoopuf that was because i forgot about the sphere grid after i'd used it once at the start when Rikku told me what to do, surprised i lasted that long tbh. First time i died this time was in the cavern of the stolen fayth i forgot you are not meant to rob the blue thing in the jar or it will destroy you lol.
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been a little while since I've looked at the thread and I've fallen way behind. I have just got to Bevelle, I think the entrance to Bevelle, is one of my favorite parts of the game, but from here it's all brilliant anyway. I'll hopefully make some quicker progress from here as I just love this part. I can't wait to get to Zanarkand.

I just hope I haven't missed anything, I've got the al bhed primers, but are any of Kimahri's abilities missable?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    It's been a little while since I've looked at the thread and I've fallen way behind. I have just got to Bevelle, I think the entrance to Bevelle, is one of my favorite parts of the game, but from here it's all brilliant anyway. I'll hopefully make some quicker progress from here as I just love this part. I can't wait to get to Zanarkand.

I just hope I haven't missed anything, I've got the al bhed primers, but are any of Kimahri's abilities missable?

The only hard one for Kimahri is the one which you can only get from either the Omega Weapon or Nemesis, so not missable but will take a while to get, since you need to catch 10 of every normal monster for the Arena you can easily get all the other Abilities as you do that
  • Options
    The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feels like I've wasted 3 hours tonight and not got anywhere at all. This game really does make you put in the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like I've wasted 3 hours tonight and not got anywhere at all. This game really does make you put in the time.

What did you do? battles to level up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you do? battles to level up?

Yeah and I'm still a fair way off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other than that you'd need to give more details on exactly what happens, there is always the incredibly small chance of a glitch

After all your comments in the thread, I restarted my Vita and the game and gave it one more go, with the YouTube guide at hand if required.

Now the glowing white save points have appeared, healing items are in the combat list, I did the overdrive combo with no problems and breezed through the battle. I didn't even look at the "Let's Play".

I played for about 30 minutes and now I'm up to the bit where I'm about to start working for some people in coloured gimp suits that speak a foreign language.

Definitely glitched.
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only hard one for Kimahri is the one which you can only get from either the Omega Weapon or Nemesis, so not missable but will take a while to get, since you need to catch 10 of every normal monster for the Arena you can easily get all the other Abilities as you do that

That's good thanks, I was worried I had been missing them on bosses, I keep forgetting to use Lancet, at least I can farm the abilities later. I never fought Omega weapon or Nemesis, a big challenge for me then, but I am determined to platinum this thing.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Good to hear WellHiddenMank. The guys in gimp suits are Al Bhed. You can translate the language as you collect primers from around Spira.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wooo just owned Seymour Flux. An hour and half of solid battles and now my team feels a lot more powerful. Managed to get dispel which helped a lot and all my team had full overdrives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one monster left for the Arena, Master Tonberry and he won't show up once, let alone ten times >:(
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one monster left for the Arena, Master Tonberry and he won't show up once, let alone ten times >:(

Go to a dead end where a chest is at on the left hand side (cant remember whats in the chest) and at the back at that area is where I found lots. Sorry its not more clear but I can't really describe it better from memory.

Edit: I've just realised that you might be meaning the Tonberry for Omega Dungeon but that advice is for the Stolen Cavern Tonberry sorry.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    This came through the letterbox today! Have only reached Kilika so far but everything looks great in glorious HD!