Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Two days before her death
    http://oi59.tinypic.com/2yovmn6.jpg

There's no denying she doesn't look great but if I'd seen that picture before she died, I would say she looked thinner than normal but apart from that, I see a young woman with no make up on who looks very tired, as you would be with 2 babies.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are describing method of detox prescribed by the sofa jumper's 'church' - but I thought she only had a passing interest in that 'church'?

According to all the other reports I've read it does say she once had an interest in it, but had moved on to other "churches"/organisations - I had thought the one she had a tattoo of was the one they were referring to, but all the comments on the actual blind suggest otherwise and I suppose it fits with them better.
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,372
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    That's definitely true but I think the tide changed a lot when she settled down and had her babies. She did have her major pain in the a*se years and then a couple of years when it began to look like things were getting very out of hand and she was heading down a really bad road, but then, for whatever reason, she seemed to pull back from it, come out the other side, and I remember seeing pics of her and thinking how genuinely serene and happy she looked, and that had an impact on me (in that random way that some people affect you for no particular or necessarily logical reason) and made me really glad for her, that she'd come out the other side.

And I think, for me, anyway, it's that that's made her sudden death so... poignant? It has a certain 'but how can this be?' about it, that, despite everything, she came through the bad stuff, turned things round and appeared to be (as far as we know) healthy, happy and fulfilled, and now here she is, dead, for 'no reason'. It's got a 'that's not supposed to happen' aspect to it.

I'm not explaining this very well. :)

Actually Bela I think you explained it very well. I was never a fan of hers when she was younger. In fact I don't remember doing so but I could easily have called her a self entitled brat but then she got married the second time and became a mum. From then on she softened and from what I started to see of her, grew up and turned into someone who I actually had a lot of time for.

People do change and I admired her for that.

It makes it even more heart breaking reading about how she wanted to be a good wife and mum. It seemed she had got what she needed and you could see a good settled life for her, her husband and her children for it to be suddenly snatched from them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no denying she doesn't look great but if I'd seen that picture before she died, I would say she looked thinner than normal but apart from that, I see a young woman with no make up on who looks very tired, as you would be with 2 babies.

Her eyes have sunk into her head. Kids will do that to you sure. But something is niggling me about how stable she was in the last few weeks. Tom wasn't there when she died. He went to visit his parents with the kids for the weekend.

Fifi Geldof has posted two pics on her Instagram relating to Peaches. Pixie, however, has stayed silent. I guess one is coping better than the other. The last night I'd do is rush to social media if my loved one had died.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article's a year old, they probably just wanted to shock the readership at that point.
    cultureman wrote: »
    You do realise that article is a year old?

So she wasn't allowed to have an ongoing interest in this kind of thing?

Same as with the S-tology link, if there was any truth in it I doubt she just became a S-tologist on Sunday.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a bit confused with people painting Bob as this tragic figure who has had much tragedy in his life. Other than his mum dying while he was young and now his daughter, what else was there?
    There was the death of Paula Yates.

Your post reads a bit like the Monty Python sketch which asks 'What did the Romans ever do for us?'

You got there before me - I mean APART from the accidental overdose resulting in the death of his ex wife and mother of his children, the early death of his own mother and now the death of his daughter, how much tragedy has he had in his life? (where's the eyes to heaven smiley when you need it)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Her eyes have sunk into her head. Kids will do that to you sure. But something is niggling me about how stable she was in the last few weeks. Tom wasn't there when she died. He went to visit his parents with the kids for the weekend.

Fifi Geldof has posted two pics on her Instagram relating to Peaches. Pixie, however, has stayed silent. I guess one is coping better than the other. The last night I'd do is rush to social media if my loved one had died.

I know what you mean about when something niggles you, I didn't really know that much about her, was there something in her behaviour that was unusual?

As for her sisters, I suppose we all cope differently:)
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

Unfortunately I am starting to worry about that now too but hope I am wrong. I assumed those videos/pictures of her children the day before were taken and uploaded on the day they were taken but that doesn't seem like the case now. It does seem odd that he was off alone with the kids at his parents.
  • Options
    The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are describing method of detox prescribed by the sofa jumper's 'church' - but I thought she only had a passing interest in that 'church'?

More than a passing interest and it's known she had done the 'Purification Rundown' at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purification_Rundown#Adverse_outcomes

I'll just add that her interest on OTO was an extension of her Scientology beliefs.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientology_and_4.php
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same as with the S-tology link, if there was any truth in it I doubt she just became a S-tologist on Sunday.

No one said that she wasn't allowed to have interest in things. The purpose was to question whether she had got involved with something which was harmful to her.

If there was any truth to the scientology link?
    Peaches herself admitted to being a scientologist to Fearne Cotton in a TV show called 'When Fearne met Peaches' a few years ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKYn5xAfHKQ

I'm not suggesting for a moment that this had anything to do with the tragic news. I have absolutely no idea at all. But I don't think you can be so dismissive of someone mentioning it when it's actually true that she was involved with it, or at least claimed to be.

In the clip Peaches does speak of being confused about what path to go through and that she felt that she needed a spiritual path. She also speaks of feeling that she was lacking something and didn't have a faith. Given this I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if at some point she was curious about the OTO, as it appears that she had a very inquisitive and curious nature in this regard.
    It doesn't necessarily mean that it had anything to do with her death, but it does suggest that she may have been a bit mixed up and vulnerable.

Just watching that clip again for the first time since I saw it the last time on Charlie Brooker's show, in hindsight it feels quite sad now, and I feel quite guilty for watching it a few years ago in a mocking way. Now I just feel sad about it.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You got there before me - I mean APART from the accidental overdose resulting in the death of his ex wife and mother of his children, the early death of his own mother and now the death of his daughter, how much tragedy has he had in his life? (where's the eyes to heaven smiley when you need it)

Sorry but I dont agree that a ex wife with whom who he had a very bitter and public break up with, and then a nasty custody battle that resulted in her losing three of her children, HIS tragedy. Sorry but I just dont. So you can roll your eyes wherever you want. I can remember He didn't come out of it looking like the perfect husband at the time.

Yes he had to cope with his children losing their mum, but Paula had lost her children before her death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry but I dont agree that a ex wife with whom who he had a very bitter and public break up with, and then a nasty custody battle that resulted in her losing three of her children, HIS tragedy. Sorry but I just dont. So you can roll your eyes wherever you want. I can remember He didn't come out of it looking like the perfect husband at the time.

Yes he had to cope with his children losing their mum, but Paula had lost her children before her death.

Didn't she lose custody of the children because they found heroin in a Smartie pack under Paulas bed? I think that was the case, rather than Bob powertripping and getting the children taken away. I think it would have been tragic for him to watch the demise of his ex-wife and mother of his children.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Bob Geldof was distraught when Paula Yates left him for Michael Hutchence, yes the break up wasn't pleasant but I don't remember him being anything apart from devastated & then subsequently going for custody of their children which he had every right to do.:confused:
  • Options
    PerfumedDivaPerfumedDiva Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hang on. His beloved wife cheated on him and left him for another man, then got into drugs and died of an overdose. Chuck in a custody battle and yes I would call that a personal tragedy for Bob. He and Paula may have split up, but he was the publicly cuckolded and faithful husband. You can't switch your feelings off just because your wife left. They were together for twenty years and married for ten. You can't tell me her death wasn't a tragedy for him
  • Options
    Forum Member

deleted
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on. His beloved wife cheated on him and left him for another man, then got into drugs and died of an overdose. Chuck in a custody battle and yes I would call that a personal tragedy for Bob. He and Paula may have split up, but he was the publicly cuckolded and faithful husband. You can't switch your feelings off just because your wife left. They were together for twenty years and married for ten. You can't tell me her death wasn't a tragedy for him

Absolutely agree with this. Bob was heartbroken when she left and had to fight for their kids because of her drug addiction then for her to die and him to have to comfort their 3 + 1 with MH must have been so hard, imagine the heartbreak of 4 girls and you having to comfort them not to mention that she was his ex and mother of his children.
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know anything about her late mum and Michael Hutchence, thought it was Kylie he "corrupted"?
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where did you get that from? I made the point about it being a year old in relation to you questioning if the Daily Mail should be "speculating" about things like that. A year ago, there was little to nothing to speculate about - just that Peaches found it interesting to read about, and had a tattoo of the organisation's initials.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I am starting to worry about that now too but hope I am wrong. I assumed those videos/pictures of her children the day before were taken and uploaded on the day they were taken but that doesn't seem like the case now. It does seem odd that he was off alone with the kids at his parents.

Is it really odd? My husband has taken our son to visit his parents without me and stays there overnight, and I have done the same. Its nice to have a break sometimes - even more so when you have 2 very young children I would imagine!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    Is it really odd? My husband has taken our son to visit his parents without me and stays there overnight, and I have done the same. Its nice to have a break sometimes - even more so when you have 2 very young children I would imagine!

It would not normally be odd but given Peaches was such an advocate of attachment parenting then yes it does strike me as odd. One night, yes perfectly understandable, a few days/nights, then that would seem odd to me.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member

Isn't that enough?
    He also took in the daughter of his ex-wife and her new lover, who also killed himself. That can't have been easy.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she lose custody of the children because they found heroin in a Smartie pack under Paulas bed? I think that was the case, rather than Bob powertripping and getting the children taken away. I think it would have been tragic for him to watch the demise of his ex-wife and mother of his children.
    Bob Geldof was distraught when Paula Yates left him for Michael Hutchence, yes the break up wasn't pleasant but I don't remember him being anything apart from devastated & then subsequently going for custody of their children which he had every right to do.:confused:
    Bandita wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with this. Bob was heartbroken when she left and had to fight for their kids because of her drug addiction then for her to die and him to have to comfort their 3 + 1 with MH must have been so hard, imagine the heartbreak of 4 girls and you having to comfort them not to mention that she was his ex and mother of his children.

I dont disagree with any of you. I'm just saying Her death was not his tragedy He was almost in a new relationship right away ( nothing wrong in that) He was with his new partner in 1994 and Paula died in 2000. So her death wasn't "his" lose.

I was just reading the thread and the way people were going on and on about how tragic his life was I thought I had missed loads of horrible things that had happened to him.

I agree with everything else that no one should lose a child and how hard it must be for him I just dont agree with the Bits about Paula..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would not normally be odd but given Peaches was such an advocate of attachment parenting then yes it does strike me as odd. One night, yes perfectly understandable, a few days/nights, then that would seem odd to me.
    Maybe she had other commitments. Besides, attachement parenting can be done by dads too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont disagree with any of you. I'm just saying Her death was not his tragedy He was almost in a new relationship right away ( nothing wrong in that) He was with his new partner in 1994 and Paula died in 2000. So her death wasn't "his" lose.

She was still the mother of his children. Would you not feel anything if someone you had children with died?
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you get that from? I made the point about it being a year old in relation to you questioning if the Daily Mail should be "speculating" about things like that. A year ago, there was little to nothing to speculate about - just that Peaches found it interesting to read about, and had a tattoo of the organisation's initials.

Yep - you are right!

I was under the impression that the article had been "re-issued" in the past few days (I thought it was just typical DM lazy journalism!!!)