Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I can't believe Nene was silly enough to say on-camera that she didn't even read a script she received. No one will even bother taking her seriously if she has this massive ego that makes her believe she's above even simply reading a script.

Besides, her only 2 notable roles on television haven't exactly been a big stretch for her. Those characters were written around Nene's personality because Ryan Murphy liked what he saw on the Real Housewives. However, a good actress is able to lose their personality and become a completely different character. Nene hasn't displayed that capability.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Kandi's brother has been mentioned before but obviously it now has some context. Precious few have to suffer the devastation of losing a child and I couldn't even begin to imagine how it would affect one. Playing cod psychologist here I think it goes a long way to explain Mama Joyce's crazy attitude and also why Kandi allows it to happen.

I thought Joyce's conversation with Todd was pretty sincere. She didn't come across completely sold or willing to change her mind and open her arms to him but when she started talking about her children being her existence and about losing one, a mother doesn't open themselves on something so huge to a person they're not willing to try and build bridges with. The dog was sad but that was the moment that made my hairs stand on end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Bravo have just announced their new programming for the year and we now have a date for Ladies of London which some of us were wondering where it got to.
    “Ladies of London” – Premiering June
    Produced by Adjacent Productions with Izzie Pick Ashcroft, Claire O'Donohoe, Anna Geddes, Jane Tranter and Michael Brooks serving as Executive Producers.

Set in the glittering, class-conscious city of London, the docu-series follows a group of elite British socialites, Annabelle Neilson and Caroline Stanbury along with American expats Juliet Angus, Caprice Bourret, Marissa Hermer and Noelle Reno who all run in similar social circles, but are worlds apart. From weekend getaways in the English countryside, to high tea at one of London's exclusive polo-clubs, both groups adhere to strict unwritten rules of engagement where reputation is everything.

Not as interesting but Kandi and Caroline are both definitely getting spinoffs
    “The Real Housewives of Atlanta: Kandi's Wedding” (working title)
    Produced by True Entertainment with Steven Weinstock, Glenda Hersh, Lauren Eskelin and Carlos King serving as Executive Producers. Kandi Burruss and Todd Tucker also serve as Executive Producers.

You are cordially invited to celebrate the wedding of Kandi Burruss and Todd Tucker. Against vocal family opposition that played out dramatically in season six of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” Kandi and Todd have decided to move forward and tie the knot. Each episode follows Kandi and Todd as they plan a larger-than-life “Coming to America” themed wedding ceremony, signifying the couple's initial introduction in Africa.

“Manzo'd with Children”
    Produced by Sirens Media with Lucilla D'Agostino, Valerie Haselton and Rebecca Toth Diefenbach serving as Executive Producers.

Caroline Manzo of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” attempts to be the ring leader of her crazy Italian family. Her children are driving her more nuts than ever as Albie is single and ready to mingle, Chris is eager to come up with the best idea since the stripper/car wash, and Lauren has finally let Vito put a ring on it. Meanwhile, husband, Al Sr., has no tolerance for all these shenanigans. It's one crowded house filled with laughter and personality…and maybe a few rounds of the Ham Game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Oh I didn't realise no Miami!! They mention NJ, ATL, BH and OC and NY are early in their seasons so they wouldn't be mentioned. This could be the end for the Miami girls though, its no surprise really after that last lackluster series.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Ooh thanks kimkam- really looking forward to Ladies of London. Cant wait to see a preview for it. I'm glad it hadn't just been quietly forgotten about it.

Ill be checking out Kandi's wedding spin-off as well. She is by far the most likeable of all the Housewives and I cant wait to see her marry Todd.

I doubt ill bother with Caroline's spin-off though. I'm just glad she's not on NJ anymore. I just cant with the family, the boys are ok, but I cant bear the others, particularly Lauren.

EDIT: Was just about to mention the lack of Miami, this might well be the end for it then. If it was coming back surely they would have mentioned it? Its no surprise, but its a shame. I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Be Tardy and Vanderpump Rules has also been renewed.

I'm glad they've renewed NJ even before S6 has aired. It's by far my favorite!
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad we're getting Ladies of London soon. I take it this the final name and it won't become a part of the Real Housewives franchise? That would be a smart move not to include it with the Housewives as all their ratings dwindling, except Atlanta's.

It's sad about Miami it was a great show in season 2 and the glossy & modern look in season 3 was amazing. However, the producers destroyed season 3 by firing Karent & Ana. If Ana was allowed back full time there would have been some real drama (with Lea & Marysol) but alas they let Lea get her own way. Trying to push Lisa to become the face of Miami over Adriana pretty much killed it as well, she isn't enough of anything (other than stupid) to become the lead the show. The long overdrawn drama between Adriana and Lea pretty much killed the flow of the show as by half way through none of them were prepared to get into it and instead it just became about avoiding each other. The final reason was the reunion. Joanna and Lisa's fight seamed forced and over the top, then admitting they called each other and said not to go below the belt made the whole thing seem totally set up.

I still think Miami has a chance and pulling in viewers, on a NY scale. Get rid of Marysol, Lea & Lisa and bring back Karent, and two new wives. I'd say bring back Ana but she's pretty much said she wouldn't come back and she's been successful since leaving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone read this?

http://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/rhonj-producer-says-outsiders-were-involved-in-setting-up-strippergate/

It's about the RHONJ S4 final where Teresa was set up for the whole Angelo situation. The interview is from an ex-producer of the show basically saying the whole thing was set up by Kim D and it was edited in a way that it looked like Teresa did it. Also, Danielle refused to appear on the show! Very interesting read, IMO.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Glad we're getting Ladies of London soon. I take it this the final name and it won't become a part of the Real Housewives franchise? That would be a smart move not to include it with the Housewives as all their ratings dwindling, except Atlanta's.

It's sad about Miami it was a great show in season 2 and the glossy & modern look in season 3 was amazing. However, the producers destroyed season 3 by firing Karent & Ana. If Ana was allowed back full time there would have been some real drama (with Lea & Marysol) but alas they let Lea get her own way. Trying to push Lisa to become the face of Miami over Adriana pretty much killed it as well, she isn't enough of anything (other than stupid) to become the lead the show. The long overdrawn drama between Adriana and Lea pretty much killed the flow of the show as by half way through none of them were prepared to get into it and instead it just became about avoiding each other. The final reason was the reunion. Joanna and Lisa's fight seamed forced and over the top, then admitting they called each other and said not to go below the belt made the whole thing seem totally set up.

I still think Miami has a chance and pulling in viewers, on a NY scale. Get rid of Marysol, Lea & Lisa and bring back Karent, and two new wives. I'd say bring back Ana but she's pretty much said she wouldn't come back and she's been successful since leaving.

Im excited its finally been announced to :D I hope it is successful i just hope it was filmed recently and not year old footage cause wasn't this show rumoured for years and Caprice was in a Daily Mail article last year about being on a show called the Ladies of London? And will Andy be doing the reunions? Maybe someone new would be good to have and will ITV finally make this a primetime show on ITV2? I hope so...

As for Miami i am gutted but its still not confirmation i was thinking Bravo are properly moving Miami to the Fall and see how its ratings do then maybe it will pick up and they have to stick with the time slot unlike S3 where they kept moving it. Im also up for some new wives but Adrianna and Joanna 'as much as she annoys me' she does bring drama and her and Adrianna will already be juicy. I like Lisa but she needs something new to keep her interesting otherwise she may aswel just leave. But I have my fingers crossed Miami is not cancelled cause losing that would maybe lead to other RH being cancelled:cry:
    dillan wrote: »
    Has anyone read this?

http://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/rhonj-producer-says-outsiders-were-involved-in-setting-up-strippergate/

It's about the RHONJ S4 final where Teresa was set up for the whole Angelo situation. The interview is from an ex-producer of the show basically saying the whole thing was set up by Kim D and it was edited in a way that it looked like Teresa did it. Also, Danielle refused to appear on the show! Very interesting read, IMO.

Interesting read thanks for that :) And Its obvious she was set up teresa has always been set up since Melissa joined i just get this feeling Andy doesn't like her and hasn't done since she pushed him in the S2 reunion ha. I am excited to see what this new season will bring with new wives and what direction the show will take cause apparently Melissa and teresa have had each others back.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for Kandi's spin-off... Best news of all though is that Don't Be Tardy has been renewed, it means Kim isn't coming back to RHOA and so my life can continue to be a nasty-lazy-sloth free place :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Can't wait for Kandi's spin-off... Best news of all though is that Don't Be Tardy has been renewed, it means Kim isn't coming back to RHOA and so my life can continue to be a nasty-lazy-sloth free place :)

Just because Don't Be Tardy is renewed doesn't mean Kim won't return to RHOA. DBT's 3rd season was filmed last year and will air probably around June, meaning if Kim does return to RHOA, she will be filming it this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What it is with these stories of the cast of Atlanta saying 'If Porsha is fired then we are gone' crap? Dont they realise that Porsha was properly not going to be asked back anyway before this fight even happened at the reunion they are just blaming Kenya cause of what happened and this sounds like a story that has come from NeNe cause she hates the fact that Kenya won't be going anywhere so she properly is trying anything to make sure Kenya gets fired. I hope Bravo tell them 'Yout either come back or we find new wives!' If Sheree and Kim came back along with Kenya and 3 new wives then Atlanta can easily move on imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Atlanta wives want Porsha back because someone has to go to make way for the new wives (whether that be Kim, Marlo, sheree or someone else) and if Porsha goes they most likely think Kenya is next on the chopping block. Kenya brings to much drama to the show to be gone. Phaedra & Cynthia are probably the next two on the chopping block.

This is a really great interview with Kyle by Andy.

http://www.allabouttrh.com/video-kyle-richards-one-one-andy-cohen-talk-feelings-regarding-rhobh-reunion/

They both sound like they know who's back next season. Kyle's optimism sounds like she's definitely back and so will Kim be, or no way would Kyle be that optimistic about it. It sounds like she's setting the foundation for a Yolanda & Lisa rivalry - could you imagine them try to outdo each other with the glam at parties! So it sounds like they will be back. I couldn't really tell about Brandi though. It was interesting that there was literally no mention of Joyce at all, or Carlton (other than the Gaga part). I have a feeling Joyce may be back in a friend role though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weeks New York was really, really great. If it can keep up like this then it might climb it's way back to being a favourite of mine.

Aviva saying she was being verbally raped was hilarious. As was Sonja saying that if anyone would understand about losing a body part, it was Aviva.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for posting the interview with Kyle, Andrew. I agree, I think they have a fairly good idea of who will and wont be back next season.

Kyle will be back for sure, Brandi as well I think and hopefully Lisa. I'm not sure about Yolanda, I think it could go either way with her, but then maybe they are wanting a Lisa/Yo rivalry and if that's the case I guess they will ask her back. Kim will be there in some capacity I'm sure (even if she is a "friend" I can see her still being quite present). Carlton and Joyce are gone Id say. I just hope all the rumours are true and Camille comes back. That would be fabulous :D

Moving onto Atlanta, I'm not sure about this story of them all banding together to keep Porsha and get Kenya fired. Id say that's hopeful thinking on Nene's part! Do I think Nene wants Kenya gone? Absolutely, but do I think she will risk her Million dollar contract to keep Porsha? I just don't see it.

Kenya is too good to lose and I'm sure Bravo and Andy know that. I don't see her going anywhere. I'm living for Kenya these days, she brings the drama in spades and she is tv gold for the show.

Id be gutted if Phaedra left, I love her, but maybe with all this stuff that's going on with Apollo she might decide enough is enough. I hope not though, I love her on RHOA.

So pleased Don't be Tardy is coming back for another season though, Kim is a different person on her own show. I love it, and her babies are adorable. I cant wait for it. Id be open to Kim coming back to RHOA as well, but only if she got involved again.

I'm still a bit gutted about Miami. Who knows what's true though? Alexia still seems to be saying on twitter that they will be back apparently. Maybe its true that they are pushing filming back to the end of the year instead. I guess time will tell but Id watch another season of Miami lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Kyle has confirmed she's returning, even though we kind of already knew. If Kyle's back, Kim's back. The fact that she mentioned things having changed between the ladies sort of confirms Lisa's back as she's the only housewife that the ladies have changed towards.

No mention of Joyce basically means buh-bye. And Carlton only being mentioned in the GaGa part also means bye.

I guess Yolanda and Brandi will return too. Especially Brandi has Andy seems to love her. Bring back Camille and there's the cast. I don't think we need anyone new next season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    . I don't think we need anyone new next season.

I agree. 7 women never work well. The only franchise to ever make it work was Miami in season 2 - and at that it didn't work for ratings, just for entertainment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That interview with Kyle made me warm to her again, Kyle does grate me on the show at times but i would never want to se her leave BH her and Lisa are the faces of that show and if either of them went i would never be the same. It looks like her and Kyle are on Ok terms now by the sounds of it and maybe Kyle has realised Brandi is bad news she didn't seem to confident in her answer when asked about her. Brandi is jealous of Lisa and Kyles friendship and this season proved it.

I think they should bring back camille to and yes even Taylor! seeing glimpses of her made me miss her for some reason and she seems alot more happier now shame she aint living in BH though so doubt she would be asked back. I dont understand these Friend of the HW I thought we would of seen alot more of her Taylor but we only saw her what...3 times including Secrets revealed.

I hope Yolanda is not asked back but i can see next season being brandi and Yolanda vs everyone else judging by Kyles interview.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    What it is with these stories of the cast of Atlanta saying 'If Porsha is fired then we are gone' crap? Dont they realise that Porsha was properly not going to be asked back anyway before this fight even happened at the reunion.
    Who said she wasn't?

Only the urban bloggers. The industry was suggesting the opposite with the money being spent on Porsha. She might be 'boring' to the forum but she's the only one who fits the profile to make the show the real money from endorsement deals from the bigger rollers (the high street fashion business).

Advertisers will pay the show ten times more to have Porsha wear their products than they would Nene Leakes.

I mean why do think so much more is invested in Beverley Hills despite the lower ratings? Because white women are the biggest buyer of products and the show is full of white women for advertisers to pay lots of money to hang products on. And Beverly Hills didn't just bring in a younger, on trend housewife to help sell to the more lucrative on trend, younger market.... they created a whole show to do it.
  • Options
    Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Kenya is too good to lose and I'm sure Bravo and Andy know that. I don't see her going anywhere. I'm living for Kenya these days, she brings the drama in spades and she is tv gold for the show.

This ^ I feel like NeNe has a lot of opinions but given from what she said on the reunion last season, she knows what people want to see (it was the question about if she thought the cast was 'finished' or needed improving) I think she knows that even if she dislikes someone, there's attributes to that person that the audience like. Kenya is a great villain, something the show never had before because the lines always been blurred over whether NeNe was controlling Cynthia (or even Lisa) or whether the Smalls were just stabbing each other in the back. While NeNe does throw shade an awful lot, there's something likeable about her - maybe it's her delivery. Whereas for me, Kenya is someone you just loathe but you like how she affects the group dynamic.

Phaedra is in my top two but she hasn't really been herself, I know she's matured and she has all these businesses but she's lost some of her charm and instead has become a bit of a nag. Porsha, I feel is out of her depth on the show, it seems like she was only brought back last season because of the divorce, though I didn't mind as I hate one-season Housewives!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I really don't think we are getting New Jersey back until July or even August. Think about it, NY ends in June/July and OC in August/September. BH and Atlanta will most likely start back in November, so between September and November there wouldn't be a single housewives city on air. If they star New Jersey in August, it could run until December.

Also: https://twitter.com/RHousewives101/status/454054095582945280 someone says that RHONJ is delayed because of an productional aspect :o
    The same fan is saying that it is premiering mid-summer and also delayed to fill Miami's void.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    soapiej wrote: »
    I really don't think we are getting New Jersey back until July or even August. Think about it, NY ends in June/July and OC in August/September. BH and Atlanta will most likely start back in November, so between September and November there wouldn't be a single housewives city on air. If they star New Jersey in August, it could run until December.

Also: https://twitter.com/RHousewives101/status/454054095582945280 someone says that RHONJ is delayed because of an productional aspect :o
    The same fan is saying that it is premiering mid-summer and also delayed to fill Miami's void.

Hmm, I would've thought timing was everything when it came to New Jersey. We don't want to watch out-of-date footage especially surrounding the entire Guidice fraud case.

Having said that, the idea of there being a period of time without any Housewives airing at all wouldn't satisfy my addiction whatsoever. We get at least 1 new episode every single week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Having said that, the idea of there being a period of time without any Housewives airing at all wouldn't satisfy my addiction whatsoever. We get at least 1 new episode every single week!

My thoughts exactly. :D So I don't really mind New Jersey being delayed, as long as there is at least one city that's broadcasting new episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont know from the sounds of it from Tweets by Dina and Teresa NJ will be back soon I cant see Bravo letting NJ go another 4 months without airing and plus Teresa's Trial starts in July doesn't it ? If it goes bad then Teresa won't be round for any promotion. Plus Ladies of London starts in a few months maybe that will carry us over till a Real Housewives is back. I really am excited for Nj and i want to see a trailer soon I want to see the new look of the show intro to :p
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I know it's not apart of the Real Housewives franchise but what are people thinking about Ladies of London?

The trailer didn't really show anything interesting, and it seemed to be more all the girls singularly rather than as a group. Although I don't know anything about it and it could just be a very early trailer.