Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 55)

Comments

• Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Kaliopi is fabulously bonkers! :D It's when she starts with the I love you darling stuff and randomly singing and dancing and you can tell that Greek arsehole is getting more and more agitated! :D

And then while she's walking away she says, oh yeah, I am from Macedonia lol what are you gonna do about it. :D
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,288
    Forum Member
    And then while she's walking away she says, oh yeah, I am from Macedonia lol what are you gonna do about it. :D

All that was needed was a diva finger snap! :D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,521
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    All that was needed was a diva finger snap! :D

:D

It's a wonder she didn't slap the journo- he was really pushing it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D

It's a wonder she didn't slap the journo- he was really pushing it!

Oh I would've ended up in an embarrassing blazing row if it was me. :blush: Kaliopi definitely went about it the right way and it was winding him up all the more that she wasn't giving him the reaction he wanted and went off on her own random little tangents! :p
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was about Nation Branding and Nation Building in post-Soviet Ukraine, through the lens of the ESC.

When it's been marked and sent back to me, I'll upload it for people to read (if they want!)

Yes! That sounds quite an interesting read, sounds a lot more interesting than my dissertation haha.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see it posted. The video of Macedonia has been released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU7Edft3eRY&feature=youtu.be

edit: oh it was uploaded yestersay. Guess maybe it has been posted already, wasjust that Tijana has only just posted it on FB!

I do approve of the use of naked men, though. I see she also borrowed Russia's lightbulbs and Conchita's bath.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to read your dissertation too. It's a really interesting topic! It makes me wish I'd chosen a degree that'd let me look at Eurovision for my dissertation, I can't think of any link with Literature. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Can't see it posted. The video of Macedonia has been released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU7Edft3eRY&feature=youtu.be

edit: oh it was uploaded yestersay. Guess maybe it has been posted already, wasjust that Tijana has only just posted it on FB!

I do approve of the use of naked men, though. I see she also borrowed Russia's lightbulbs and Conchita's bath.

So that's where all the hot men are at! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I'd love to read your dissertation too. It's a really interesting topic! It makes me wish I'd chosen a degree that'd let me look at Eurovision for my dissertation, I can't think of any link with Literature. :D

Lol I don't think ESC and Victorian Liverpool would quite go together either! :p
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »

I probably could have worked it some way into my Geography degree but alas I chose Longwave radiation and glaciers instead haha
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »

I don't know why, but she always looks fantastic when she wears glasses.:confused: She's like Pink but without the permanent PMS.:p
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I had chosen more Stats courses during my degree, then I could have proposed some sort of statistical analysis of ESC for my dissertation. Instead, I had to be content with the approximation of irrational numbers. :(
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did my dissertation on the correlation between bilingualism and intelligence (my degree was in Linguistics and English Literature). I guess I could of done something like looking at the points given between countries with similar languages and why or something (like German speaking countries and The Netherlands/Belgium etc).
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kasey Smith is a UK fan, listing Molly, Sweden and Spain as her three favourite entries this year :)
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a link to 'ahem' download the eurovison album?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't see much, but here's a camera shot from inside the arena. Looks like it's from the front of the stage, looking into the audience :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3DhPmI9qH0
  • Options
    bee.fearbee.fear Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Loving this cover of Undo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07-eH9zTrgw
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops wrong thread
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booty luv wrote: »
    I'm still finding all this positivity about the UK rather bizarre. My only worry is all this hype positivity will not translate in the vote :(

There's been some the last few years really. Blue probably had some, even Englebert to an extent, Bonnie Tyler definitely did. I just want a song I really like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bee.fear wrote: »

I like that! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Sweden. That is pretty much the answer. To be rather blunt it is a wet dream country such as Portugal and Iceland that gets hype when the entry is average at best.

And conversely people don't tend to be supportive if it's from the East. I don't care where something is from really.
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    And conversely people don't tend to be supportive if it's from the East. I don't care where something is from really.

I think if any in the East it is Armenia which has a bit of a fan hope built in since Azerbaijan won. We saw this last year with the Sirusho hype before they picked The Dorians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wilkimania wrote: »
    Suppose I should include my own list.

1 – Norway 2009 – Fairytale
    2 – Sweden 2012 – Euphoria
    3 – Germany 2010 – Satellite
    4 – Azerbaijan 2011 – Running Scared
    5– Denmark 2013 – Only Teardrops
    6 – Finland 2006 – Hard Rock Hallelujah
    7 – Greece 2005 – My Number One
    8 – Russia 2008 – Believe
    9 – Ukraine 2004 – Wild Dances
    10 – Serbia 2007 – Molitva

Although if we were rating by the artist alone then Lena would top it, and that's definitely not because of the massive crush I had on her at the time.:blush:

I hardly like any really, not that unusual for me. But I'd probably put Molitva first for the chorus, even if the verse isn't so good. Last place has some competition but Satellite and the silly vocal it had was so damn annoying. Taken by a Stranger was so much superior, but simple cheaper sounding songs tend to do better and so have more chance of winning.
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually quite like Russia..
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzaLRBFnNNo
    Have they changed up the ending of Suzy's song? I really want her to qualify, but she will need to improve her vocals a lot
This discussion has been closed.