Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    It has little or no bearing on the case. No evidence led by either side so only interesting to prurient vicarious thrill seekers.

I was actually wondering the same thing even though like you said it means nothing what so ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Very true… OP story does not make sense

From the time he hear the window open to the time he hears the door slam…what would RS be doing in a dark bathroom… taking pictures of her bellybutton with her iPhone ?!?

Plus when did she have time to pee ??????????
    I was interested to see how Nel pushed the point that OP insisted he could 'hear' the window slide.....not just hear it hit the window frame ut the actual slide....
    I wonder how many law undergraduates will watch this trial as part of their course!!!
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have often wished we could email Nel:D
    we have to get a note to him - and I have a crush , so I'll to it :blush:
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Ok I withdraw that and say a lucky shot . For her I think it was.

Thanks. And yes, for her it probably was unfortunately.

I wonder what the odds are of him hitting her in the head while firing blindly through a door.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might've finished her business and was about to go back to the bedroom when Pistorius started shouting about an intruder. She then panicked and went back into the toilet, shutting and locking the door behind her.

and he didnt hear her or the flush?

its very carless if that actually happened.

I just don't understand how you can ''accidentally'' kill your girlfriend. That alone deserves a prison sentence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    she wants his d**k

Please, no crudity :( She's entitled to her opinion.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I honestly do not understand some people. He IS A MURDERER why give flowers to him :confused:

I cant even being to think how her poor mother would feel seeing that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    I know this is so random and kinda stupid but i wonder if the pair had sex ever.

I know people will say ''what do you think'' but you never know. She may have been the more classy types and preferred to wait.

They were both Christians (it seems she was particularly devout) so maybe they hadn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barcajaden wrote: »
    and he didnt hear her or the flush?

its very careless if that actually happened.

I just don't understand how you can ''accidentally'' kill your girlfriend. That alone deserves a prison sentence.

The fans could plausibly have covered the sound of a toilet flushing through a shut door.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Just from these few days in the Box.
    OP comes across as someone so spoilt rotten its unreal what OP wants he gets or look out. when things go wrong its never his fault even if the gun went off in his hand.Then in the next Sentence "there were children There I was concerned about them"...:o

You'd expect him to have a security system like Sweetchuck in police academy "this wasn't on that wasn't on not sure about this or that". again so paranoid about home security but never been to a residents association meeting. Using the excuse of being out of the country all the time as the reason.

It was interesting to hear the expert on Skynews suggest his own admission made him already give them enough to find him guilty of intent. I wonder if his own legal team come to the same conclusion how they will try and repair some of the damage.
    If they do call 30 witnesses the judge can get her butt into gear because at this rate the trial will still be active in 2015.

It will be an uphill battle. They cannot put OPs testimony back in the box. They can bring 7000 good references, it will not cancel out his performance and his testimony. A bit like the 4 bad texts V the thousands of lovey one . One does not negate the other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    I cant even being to think how her poor mother would feel seeing that.

ewww hugging OP, the man with blood on his hands

but RS mother would be silly to get upset about it. These deluded fans are everywhere. Have you seen 1direction and Bieber fans. If Bieber was in OP's shoes, i can bet he would have fans saying he never did it and waiting outside for his autograph after ever hearing.
  • Options
    AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was interested to see how Nel pushed the point that OP insisted he could 'hear' the window slide.....not just hear it hit the window frame ut the actual slide....
    I wonder how many law undergraduates will watch this trial as part of their course!!!

As far as how to cross-examine a textbook perjurer, Nel will be studied by generations to come…he is doing a bang-up job…Go Nel !!
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I thought it was actually June Steenkamp who had contacted Nel to ask him to make it known/put it on record that OP had tried to make contact before the court case.

I thought that was very gracious and fair minded of her.

I imagine that it had to be put on record so that the court wasn't misled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there a hand basin in the toilet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were both Christians (it seems she was particularly devout) so maybe they hadn't.

OP a christian? Really:o

Who knows...but i doubt they didnt.
  • Options
    huwmichelehuwmichele Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Reeva was not in the bedroom when PO says he told her to take cover and phone the police. She had already gone to the bathroom when his back was turned. Why did she go there with her mobile at 03.00 and then leave it on the bathroom floor. It suggests that she ran there and dropped it in a panic.... She never had time to pick it up before locking herself in. If she just walked there and dropped it she would have just picked it up. It shows that she was in a panic before he apparently spoke to her. If she had heard the same noise as OP she would not have gone to where the noise was coming from. She did not reply because she did not want him to know she was there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a hand basin in the toilet?

what makes me think he is a liar is when he said she didnt scream after being shot, but he said his ears were ringing?
    wtf....:confused:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    GODDESS wrote: »
    Carl Pistorius tweeted this during proceedings today.
    Can't think of who this might be aimed at.

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius/status/454570231856631808/photo/1/large

And another ..

http://t.co/j2It2hr4du

The love for Oscar is unbelievable.
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Just had a thought whilst emptying the dishwasher (yes occasionally I do a bit of housework!) Somebody mentioned a blond man in the court room, either yesterday or the day before who was OP's arch enemy. Wasn't he featured in his story this morning about the time when Oscar was assaulted?
    Strange that he managed to get a seat is it not?
    I can't help wondering if he was brought in by the prosecution to intimidate OP whilst that was brought up by Nel, but his timing went awry due to all the adjournments.
    He was vey noticeable as he was seated right at the front.
    Obviously I could be wrong, but can't help feeling that it was strange that with the clamber for entry into the court, he managed to get in.

I came across an article this afternoon that showed the blond guy to be Mark Batchelor, the ex-football player whose legs OP allegedly threatened to break (which he denied).

Apparently he is a possible witness, although he may not be called. It looks as though he was in the courtroom to be with Reeva's family.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GODDESS wrote: »
    Carl Pistorius tweeted this during proceedings today.
    Can't think of who this might be aimed at.

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius/status/454570231856631808/photo/1/large
    doesn't surprise me. My response to Carl is :

not unless you're on trial for murder of another human being in a Court of Law
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    It should also be remembered that whilst OP is asking us to believe that Reeva made no reply from the bedroom to the shooting in the bathroom/toilet cubicle, he is also asking us to believe that an alleged intruder acted in exactly the same way. According to OP, the intruder makes no pleas or replies to OP screaming and shouting. Again, is that in anyway credible?

Of course, OP has no option but to maintain this 'everyone is struck dumb or deaf routine' so that we accept his 'I was mistaken or unaware' plea. The only noise he admitted to was the sound of 'wood moving' which he said is loose framework of the toilet cubicle door. Conveniently, this doesn't tell us the gender of the individual in the toilet at the time of the shooting.

I suspect Nel is going to be even tougher on Monday having had time to consider and go over OPs testimony of the last few days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huwmichele wrote: »
    Reeva was not in the bedroom when PO says he told her to take cover and phone the police. She had already gone to the bathroom when his back was turned. Why did she go there with her mobile at 03.00 and then leave it on the bathroom floor. It suggests that she ran there and dropped it in a panic.... She never had time to pick it up before locking herself in. If she just walked there and dropped it she would have just picked it up. It shows that she was in a panic before he apparently spoke to her. If she had heard the same noise as OP she would not have gone to where the noise was coming from. She did not reply because she did not want him to know she was there.

BINGO

My heat bleeds to think what she went through.>:( How terrified she must have been. I really hope he didnt shoot her face to face. As bad as that sounds OP seems a vile evil man and i wouldn't put it past him to do something like that.

I bet June Steenkamp just wants the truth so she can try and get her life back together. OP is really a nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    huwmichele wrote: »

The location of her mobile is peculiar. Was she using it as a torch? If she'd dropped it from waist height onto the hard tiled surface you'd expect it to have shown some damage.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually wondering the same thing even though like you said it means nothing what so ever.

I don't know, I don't think it's that interesting and what has it to do with the case.? Do we need to know these details? I don't think so unless it has some bearing on the case. Her life has been dragged through the mud enough to my mind. But if its interesting to some people , so be it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BINGO

My heat bleeds to think what she went through.>:( How terrified she must have been. I really hope he didnt shoot her face to face. As bad as that sounds OP seems a vile evil man.

I bet June Steenkamp just wants the truth so she can try and get her life back together. OP is really a nasty piece of work.

No, he shot through a door...
This discussion has been closed.