Options

Coronation Street Is Horrible, Terrible, Dreadful, Appalling, Unwatchable...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Last request was corrie good tonight because i am going to watch it later but i don't know if i should because it getting slated in twitter, facebook because of phelan story
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,723
    Forum Member
    Seriously, the whole thing just stinks worse than this horrendous Maddy character must do!

Horrible characters. Unbelievable storylines. No wit or humour. Just dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

Steve, Lloyd, Michelle and that woman who I can't even be bothered to know what her name is - Dreadful.

The never-ending rubbish with nasty Phelan - Dreadful.

Tina/Peter - Dreadful.

And perhaps the worst of the lot, silly, fog-horn Sophie and this dingy down and out Maddy taking to the streets - Words fail.

Absolutely awful and probably the worst I can ever remember Coronation Street being.

Off button for me from now on until it starts picking up.

I'm sure this has been said ad-nausium on here in recent weeks, but I thought I'd add my two-pennith.

PS, can someone start a "FFS Get Rid Of Blackburn" thread? It's well known in the industry that DS has mystical powers with these "FFS Get Rid Of..." threads. ;)
    Totally agree with you! I have watched Corrie for 35+ years and i can never remember it being as bad as this. Tonight's episodes were the worst i have ever seen-absolutley no redeeming features.

ITV need to step in now and stop the rot before viewers switch off for good-i actually cannot bear watching it at the moment-it is not the show we know and love-no characters, no humour and personality transplants to fit with lousy storylines (stalker Maria, Peter & Tina) and as for Squawky & Maddeh-does anybody care for these 2 miserable buggers!

These are the thoughts I have had for a while now, and it is the only soap I watch, so seeing the crap storylines being churned out is very depressing. :( I loathe the Owen/Phelan storyline & tonigt it hit an all time low. These S/Ls are so unbelievable, and what's the betting that Phelan had a hidden camera in the hotel room rollseyes. I can only see this S/L decending deeper into the gutter.
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can anyone not love Steve and Lloyd :O
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloe07 wrote: »
    Last request was corrie good tonight because i am going to watch it later but i don't know if i should because it getting slated in twitter, facebook because of phelan story

The Phelan/Anna climax (pardon the pun) and its build-up was very well done I thought, and Debbie Rush played a blinder. Worth watching just for that. :)
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    chloe07 wrote: »

:confused: The Phelan story line is the only one that makes Corrie worthwhile watching at the moment. Seeing Phelan crowd surf the bed after having his wicked way with Anna made the rest of the evening's offerings almost tolerable.
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously, the whole thing just stinks worse than this horrendous Maddy character must do!

Horrible characters. Unbelievable storylines. No wit or humour. Just dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

Steve, Lloyd, Michelle and that woman who I can't even be bothered to know what her name is - Dreadful.

The never-ending rubbish with nasty Phelan - Dreadful.

Tina/Peter - Dreadful.

And perhaps the worst of the lot, silly, fog-horn Sophie and this dingy down and out Maddy taking to the streets - Words fail.

Absolutely awful and probably the worst I can ever remember Coronation Street being.

Off button for me from now on until it starts picking up.

I'm sure this has been said ad-nausium on here in recent weeks, but I thought I'd add my two-pennith.

PS, can someone start a "FFS Get Rid Of Blackburn" thread? It's well known in the industry that DS has mystical powers with these "FFS Get Rid Of..." threads. ;)

Yep it's generally really bad at the moment. I just find it really uninteresting and boring at the moment. The stuff tonight with Steve and Lloyd was just awful along with the usual Tina/Peter rubbish and the pointless maddie storyline. I actually quite like the Phelan storyline though so at least there were a few good scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorrento wrote: »
    My advice to you is ...SEE A DOCTOR ......and quickly

I agree. It's like people on Twitter who cry like babies over a tweet, yet they are actually following the person who tweeted it!

If you don't like the programme, DO NOT WATCH IT.

There are people in hospitals with cancer, who would love to be able to watch Coronation Street and only have a problem that they feel the soap is unbelieable.

Grow up and realise people are acting. It isn't actually happening for real.
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    The Phelan/Anna climax (pardon the pun) and its build-up was very well done I thought, and Debbie Rush played a blinder. Worth watching just for that. :)

Agree she acted her scenes really well tonight.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: The Phelan story line is the only one that makes Corrie worthwhile watching at the moment. Seeing Phelan crowd surf the bed after having his wicked way with Anna made the rest of the evening's offerings almost tolerable.

Oldnjaded wrote: »

For Corrie, the Phelan and Anna stuff was quite well done. Phelan's reaction after Anna left and when Anna returned home her state of mind was very well played. Shame that we had to have the rest of the family over-doing their nauseating 'we love you' show.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Phelan storyline, its really good that the show has a villain like him again, after countless serial killers, baddies like Phelan are better due to them being more grounded.

For me, the only storyline really dragging the show down right now is Tina, I'm so tired of seeing her and Peter get together, the break up, it's boring. Then again, its no worse than Molvin, and at least we know this storyline comes to a more exciting end, and soon.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's diabolical what Blackburn is being allowed to get away with, he is destroying Corrie.

He'll be allowed to carry on until ITV see a change in viewers unfortunately, so the quickest way to get shot of him is by turning off and hope everyone else follows.
  • Options
    MadlySaneMadlySane Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I am glad but sad to see I am not alone in not liking the major storylines at the moment. I am feeling like stopping watching until the Phelan and Tina plots are over.
    I have found the whole Phelan stuff too much and the current villain is just too nasty to watch and wait to see an inevitable downfall. I felt quite uncomfortable with the hotel scenes and will be glad to see this plot end as it is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth with seeing everyone suffer in palpable ways.
    The Tina and Peter storyline is going round in circles and getting tedious and was unbelievable from the start.
    All in all it is making me long for the more heartwarming and humorous plots that seem so long ago.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I'm personally really enjoying it at the moment, but hey wadda I know? :)
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Tina/Peter stuff is awful, two characters who have never shown the slightest interest in each other just shoved together and forced down our throats. Sudden change in personalities of Tina and Carla, Tina would never have an affair and Carla would never be best buddies with Tina and trying to hook her up with Rob was just weird.

The only thing I like about the Phelan sl, is that the family are finally getting what's coming to them. They have always been horrible and adopted a bully like behaviour I don't feel any sympathy for them. I still remember Owen forcing Tim out of t'street, now look at him.. now he has to dig up graves for pigeons.

Maddie and Sophie are awful, again I don't feel sorry for Maddie. She's a thief, she assaulted Tim and is rude I don't care about her problems. Sophie is a spoilt brat, they both deserve each other and should piss off from our screens.

Maria/Marcus, anything that involves Maria bores me.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same soap that's won hat trick of best soap awards this year 1 viewer award and 2 panel based.awards.

Tell me, did you enjoy tonight's episodes? I'm a big fan of Corrie, but under SB its awful, truly awful. When ts ike this you cannot defend it, do not defend SB, he is ruining the best soap beyond recognition. By all means when its good, defend it, but when its like this you simply look desperate.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muchacho wrote: »
    I agree. It's like people on Twitter who cry like babies over a tweet, yet they are actually following the person who tweeted it!

There are people in hospitals with cancer, who would love to be able to watch Coronation Street and only have a problem that they feel the soap is unbelieable.

We know it's not real but this is a forum to discuss how we feel about the soap.
  • Options
    Acejr200Acejr200 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    muchacho wrote: »

What are you on about? This is a forum, and if someone wishes to air their views about the quality of a programme that they love and are passionate about, then what is the problem?
    Take your own advice, if you dont like the topic of a thread, DO NOT READ IT.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is bad.

Only less than a week ago, Tina was swearing revenge on Peter as she realised she was being used. Now she says he loves him and their getting back together. WTF.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie IS dire at the moment. But it's gone through dire periods before and then picked up again and been brilliant. No reason to suppose that won't happen again.
  • Options
    Acejr200Acejr200 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    It is bad.

Only less than a week ago, Tina was swearing revenge on Peter as she realised she was being used. Now she says he loves him and their getting back together. WTF.

This ^^ totally agree. But it isnt the end of the world. Like all the soaps, im am pretty certain it will pick up again at some point. And like others have said, the viewing figures have definitely not reflected quality IMO.

There are two ways of looking at it, either do not worry until viewing figures decrease substantially OR worry that the figures arent decreasing and that nothing will be done to improve quality until they do.

Either way, corrie isnt going anywhere just yet, if EE can survive its 3 year slump and come out of the other end better than it has been in years, then im pretty certain corrie will do the same.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it with them saying Kirsty is now on the loose?? Is she coming back? I thought initally she wasn't any ideas on that one as I thought it be the last of seeing her on the cobbles :o
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Acejr200 wrote: »
    This ^^ totally agree

Even dipping out that storyline has became one of the most confusing dragged out storylines .... He loves me .... he love me not .... he loves me..... FFS :confused:
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really rubbish eps tonight
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Completely agree I have turned off.

Stuart Blackburn has to go...it's that simple.
    Or even that "simples"? ;-)
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    It's diabolical what Blackburn is being allowed to get away with, he is destroying Corrie.

He could always go over to the BBC and do Eastenders, he couldn't make that any worse at all