Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Yes ... it's Oscar Pistorius ... rules don't apply to him.

It'll be interesting if this, recent, complaint goes any further.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're pretty clean on the whole and you don't have to touch much :D
    Motorway service loos are amongst the best ... usually always spotless and therefore less germy :blush:
    I might write a book on this .. I had no idea I even had thoughts about it :D

The problem is when you have to open a door after washing your hands. I bet the loo door handle is full of germs. So many people don't even bother to wash their hands :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    The mountain that Nel made out of the "kicking the door" molehill was ludicrous. It was an off-the-cuff remark by Pistorius, a moment of speculation, that the intruders might've kicked the door shut as they left. Clearly in his mind he believed the door was slammed and was stupid to deny the "kicked" comment some minutes later. But really, it's worthless stuff for the prosecution.

I thought he had said "clicked" shut when I listened to that part :/ he would be correct in asserting that he never said "kicked" if so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daver34 wrote: »
    Would they have been told not to watch any media related stuff about the case?.

IIRC one of the male witnesses admitted he'd been following the case before his testimony was heard (the friend who was in the car with OP and his girlfriend re shooting through the sun roof episode) - if I'm wrong there'll be someone to correct me hopefully.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're pretty clean on the whole and you don't have to touch much :D
    Motorway service loos are amongst the best ... usually always spotless and therefore less germy :blush:
    I might write a book on this .. I had no idea I even had thoughts about it :D

A motorway good loo guide would be helpful!
    You could then move on to public loos in specified areas.......although don't envy you the research.

We used to have an excellent public loo in the town where I live.
    The attendant took great pride in it. It was absolutely sparkling clean, sweet smelling and she even put fresh flowers in every cubicle..............then the council closed it >:(
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    He specifically said that the sound was wood on wood, not the sound of metal. Don't forget he needs to prove that he felt under threat to try and justify shooting, hence saying that he thought the door was being opened.

Well, we don't know what the key turning in that lock sounds like, or whether it can be silent.

Also, it's about his perception. Seeing as he has already made loads of blunders that night, his perception was not at it's most accurate.

I mean for instance, if he was really intent on thinking there was an intruder, one might think that he would have listened very closely after hearing the window opening to see if he could hear the sound of someone squeezing through and dropping to the floor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    You could then move on to public loos in specified areas.......although don't envy you the research.

The attendant took great pride in it. It was absolutely sparkling clean, sweet smelling and she even put fresh flowers in every cubicle..............then the council closed it >:(

Bad luck if you're desperate and the next decent loo is 20 miles away in the next town, think I'd rather wet myself than use a dirty loo :(
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    daver34 wrote: »
    Yes, maybe, i just dont believe his account of what happened.
    It's not an easy account to believe.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    The problem is when you have to open a door after washing your hands. I bet the loo door handle is full of germs. So many people don't even bother to wash their hands :o
    Quite ... you often see them sailing straight out. They might even be going back to the cafeteria to serve you your drink :o It's a minefield out there .. we're very brave :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite ... you often see them sailing straight out. They might even be going back to the cafeteria to serve you your drink :o It's a minefield out there .. we're very brave :D

I admit when eating in restaurants and the waiter puts the food in front of me, the thought goes through my head 'I wonder if the chef washed his hands after going to the toilet' Ponders am I a little OCD?
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    This is my first time posting on this thread as I haven't been able to follow the trial at all because I am at work during the day.

I had a day off on Thursday and I watched a bit of the trial on Sky news...I have to say, from the very small part I have managed to witness of this trial IMO the man is as guilty as sin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Typical >:( Bet the council office loos are lovely though >:(
    Could do research during my holidays .. couldn't be worse than last year's :D
    One tip though NEVER use the loos in Paris Gare du Nord or in Oscar Pistorius's house ... that will be in my foreward :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I admit when eating in restaurants and the waiter puts the food in front of me, the thought goes through my head 'I wonder if the chef washed his hands after going to the toilet' Ponders am I a little OCD?
    Are you lining up tins of beans .. labels all forward facing? That's my yardstick :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    This is my first time posting on this thread as I haven't been able to follow the trial at all because I am at work during the day.

I had a day off on Thursday and I watched a bit of the trial on Sky news...I have to say, from the very small part I have managed to witness of this trial IMO the man is as guilty as sin.

Most people who just watch the highlights presented by the news seem to draw the same conclusion as you.
    There are some of us who watch live every day, and forensically examine all the evidence presented, still think that the prosecution has yet to prove his guilt.......not many 'tis true, but there is room for doubt as the length of this thread proves.
  • Options
    LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not an easy account to believe.

It's more believable than he deliberately blew her away because they had a row.

Excusing, of course, those who predetermined the outcome to enable the enjoyment salacious and nasty gossip.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I saw a programme a while back where they swabbed the plates that food had been served on in different restaurants....many of them tested positive for faecal matter.

Slight change of subject, but it surprises me to see people drinking directly out of beer bottles. Not only have they been handled by umpteen people but they have probably had mice, rats and a variety of insects crawling over them and peeing on them or worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical >:( Bet the council office loos are lovely though >:(
    Could do research during my holidays .. couldn't be worse than last year's :D
    One tip though NEVER use the loos in Paris Gare du Nord or in Oscar Pistorius's house ... that will be in my foreward :D

:Good plan.
    I could give you lots of Paris loo stories :D
    Are you lining up tins of beans .. labels all forward facing? That's my yardstick :D

You must be joking......my kitchen cupboards are a mess, and getting worse since OP has been on trial
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lying under oath either verbally or written is Perjury,!!! and can lead to a prison sentence...
    Yes but that irrelevant to the point, it's immaterial and moot.
    I'm not mentioning why he was carrying her (go back over the 4 or 5 different parts of this thread and you will see that has been done to death); I'm questioning why he stated in his testimony he can't remember carrying her from the bathroom to the top of the stairs until the moment the Standers entered the property. He has a very selective memory.
    I think you are confused
    Well, if Oscar was screaming and those same neighbours didn't hear him scream that would also account for them not hearing Reeva scream :D.
    It simply means that the testimony carries very little weight, unless it supports a view that a person is hell bent on pursuing.
    In his actual testimony he said he fired by accident and never intended to shoot at, or kill, anybody. He is not claiming self-defence, he is claiming 'accidental shooting'. Have you listened to the trial or read the thread?

Semantics. It's the same story really, and it's very easy to understand.

We can't actually know what happened because the forensic and circumstantial evidence are inconclusive. So we only have the defendants recount of events.
    He may have killed her deliberately but so far it is a million miles from proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »

Excusing, of course, those who predetermined the outcome to enable the enjoyment salacious and nasty gossip.

Given that the statistics in S Africa for femicide indicate that women are far more likely to be murderd by their partner than being mistaken for an intruder. But don't let facts get in the way of your slightly hysterical self righteous indignation, especially as you are very keen to comment in a thread discussing the case.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,315
    Forum Member
    In cross examination Prof Botha said Symmond culd be right Reeva had a meal within 2hrs of death, but because of variations of gastric emptying Botha couldn't say 2 or 5 hrs. He also said he would expect normal gastric emptying within 4-6 hrs.

Oscar asserted it was 8hrs before her death that Reeva had her last meal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would accidentally fire FOUR shots .............???? :confused:

Have you ever been holding that sort of gun, been scared and fired in a panic?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I saw a programme a while back where they swabbed the plates that food had been served on in different restaurants....many of them tested positive for faecal matter.

Slight change of subject, but it surprises me to see people drinking directly out of beer bottles. Not only have they been handled by umpteen people but they have probably had mice, rats and a variety of insects crawling over them and peeing on them or worse.

Out of unwashed cans, even worse, but I take your point.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,315
    Forum Member
    :Good plan.
    I could give you lots of Paris loo stories :D

Is it right they have guided tours of Paris toilets?

'Two Loos Le Trek'
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »

Why is that hard to believe.....three women a day are killed by their partner every day in SA. That's 60 more just since this trial began.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    In cross examination Prof Botha said Symmond culd be right Reeva had a meal within 2hrs of death, but because of variations of gastric emptying Botha couldn't say 2 or 5 hrs. He also said he would expect normal gastric emptying within 4-6 hrs.

Oscar asserted it was 8hrs before her death that Reeva had her last meal.

When asked Botha said it would be safe to do an endoscopy 7 hours after a meal.
    There is no way the food testimony fits with OPs evidence.
This discussion has been closed.