Options

No Scotland?

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
Apparently the reason Britain's Got Talent is not going to Scotland this year is because David does not like Scottish people, pretty unfair. David defended this by saying we went to Belfast this year which they did not go to last year, little did he know that Belfast is not even in Britain.

If they are bored of Glasgow and Edinburgh they should of came to Aberdeen we have the facilities here if they need an Arena we have one if they need a theatre designed by one of the UK's best theatre architects then we have one. They went to Blackpool and that is not even a city.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't any talent in Scotland as previous years show. Take a look at the Scottish national football team and league clubs for example.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There isn't any talent in Scotland as previous years show. Take a look at the Scottish national football team and league clubs for example.

Britain's Got Talent previously found Susan Boyle and 2011 winner Jai McDowell in Scotland. The X Factor found 2007 winner Leon Jackson in Scotland. The Voice USA runner up Terry McDermot is also from Scotland.

In reply to your football comment you forgot to say which country you were comparing it to I do hope it was not say England as that would be an unfair comparison. England has a population 53.01 million people whereas Scotland has a population of 5.3 Million people and so that would be a silly comparison. I see you criticized the national team well if you are comparing with England well on a world scale England is actually pretty embarrassing on a world scale if you go by population.

Overall if you look at the amount of talent that has come out of Scotland and for example England then going by population you will see that Scotland has by far the majority.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Apparently the reason Britain's Got Talent is not going to Scotland this year is because David does not like Scottish people, pretty unfair. David defended this by saying we went to Belfast this year which they did not go to last year, little did he know that Belfast is not even in Britain.

If they are bored of Glasgow and Edinburgh they should of came to Aberdeen we have the facilities here if they need an Arena we have one if they need a theatre designed by one of the UK's best theatre architects then we have one. They went to Blackpool and that is not even a city.

What are your thoughts?

Ridiculous and stupid.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britain's Got Talent previously found Susan Boyle and 2011 winner Jai McDowell in Scotland. The X Factor found 2007 winner Leon Jackson in Scotland. The Voice USA runner up Terry McDermot is also from Scotland.

In reply to your football comment you forgot to say which country you were comparing it to I do hope it was not say England as that would be an unfair comparison. England has a population 53.01 million people whereas Scotland has a population of 5.3 Million people and so that would be a silly comparison. I see you criticized the national team well if you are comparing with England well on a world scale England is actually pretty embarrassing on a world scale if you go by population.

Overall if you look at the amount of talent that has come out of Scotland and for example England then going by population you will see that Scotland has by far the majority.

Excluding Susan Boyle where are the rest now? Jai and Leon sunk without trace after winning BGT and X Factor respectively

Last successful Scottish player to come through was Darren fletcher made captain of the Scottish national team until his illness kept him out for both club and country.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be a rule that BGT goes to Scotland if the show's called Britain's Got Talent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excluding Susan Boyle where are the rest now? Jai and Leon sunk without trace after winning BGT and X Factor respectively

Last successful Scottish player to come through was Darren fletcher made captain of the Scottish national team until his illness kept him out for both club and country.

He is currently touring with Joe McElderry and Judy Garlands daughter. Britain's Got Talent is not for mainstream singers it is for alternative singers that don't want to be in the chart, The X Factor is for mainstream singers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    According to twitter there is going to be a boycott and people have made up their minds about voting Yes because of this. With many others saying David better watch his back if he ever comes back to Scotland.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I checked Northern Ireland was still part of the UK, so I'm not sure where the OP got the idea that Belfast "isn't even in Britain from? Though I do think not going to Scotland is stupid, and possibly slightly xenophobic I think suggesting people will vote "yes" for Scottish independence because a reality TV show didn't there is quite frankly one the most ludicrous things I've ever read on these forums...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last time I checked Northern Ireland was still part of the UK, so I'm not sure where the OP got the idea that Belfast "isn't even in Britain from? Though I do think not going to Scotland is stupid, and possibly slightly xenophobic.

Who cares though? BGT is rubbish and way past it's best.

Brush up on my geography how ironic, Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom but Northern Ireland is not in Great Britain that is why it is called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I think you need to brush up on your geography because currently you have the same knowledge and David Walliams and that is not a good thing.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Last time I checked Northern Ireland was still part of the UK, so I'm not sure where the OP got the idea that Belfast "isn't even in Britain from? Though I do think not going to Scotland is stupid, and possibly slightly xenophobic.

Who cares though? BGT is rubbish and way past it's best.

Technically I think the OP was correct - is the full name not "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". If you want to be all inclusive you should refer to the UK, not Britain. Therefore the show should really be be the "UK's got Talent"

Sorry if this is a bit pedantic. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    Technically I think the OP was correct - is the full name not "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". If you want to be all inclusive you should refer to the UK, not Britain. Therefore the show should really be be the "UK's got Talent"

Sorry if this is a bit pedantic. :blush:

I think this was probably the reason why they did not go there in the first place but because Simon Cowell is ageing he has simply forgot.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    What are your thoughts?

Maybe not a bad thing - at least if there are no Scots involved we can avoid all the usual "Scot's vote" threads for once. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    Maybe not a bad thing - at least if there are no Scots involved we can avoid all the usual "Scot's vote" threads for once. :p

You got it wrong Simon has reassured Scotland that there will be Scottish people just not in Scotland including some people who have travelled 10 hours to audition.

I don't see why it needs to go to Manchester and Birmingham was Simon Cowell impressed with Benefits Street or something that he seen the need to go both of them since he has previously said that Birmingham has no talent and they are right next to each other.

He feels the need to trail the UK for The X Factor this year though with auditions in Dublin, Plymouth, Cardiff, London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Gateshead, Manchester and Liverpool. I cannot believe he feels the need to go to Plymouth rather than Aberdeen, since when has Plymouth been more significant that Aberdeen. >:(:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last time I checked Northern Ireland was still part of the UK, so I'm not sure where the OP got the idea that Belfast "isn't even in Britain from? Though I do think not going to Scotland is stupid, and possibly slightly xenophobic I think suggesting people will vote "yes" for Scottish independence because a reality TV show didn't there is quite frankly one the most ludicrous things I've ever read on these forums...

Oh dear I missed the second part of your post it appears you do have a IQ of David Walliams maybe even Joey Essex :p. If you read my post you would of read "according to twitter" these are not my views but I guess some people read what they want to read.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,046
    Forum Member
    Was there not any open auditions in Scotland?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was there not any open auditions in Scotland?

There was an open audition in Edinburgh and there was a Morrison's audition in Dundee but there was no judge auditions.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What are your thoughts?

Do you have a credible source for this? :o:confused::confused:

Even if you do, since when was Walliams calling the shots? :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Do you have a credible source for this? :o:confused::confused:

Even if you do, since when was Walliams calling the shots? :kitty:

The same time Simon let Cheryl fire Louis.

Here is a source Simon Cowell said it at the Britain's Got Talent press conference.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/britains-talent-missed-out-auditions-3398881
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear I missed the second part of your post it appears you do have a IQ of David Walliams maybe even Joey Essex :p. If you read my post you would of read "according to twitter" these are not my views but I guess some people read what they want to read.

May I remind you that personal insults against other forum members are not allowed, and furthermore at no point did I say they were your views I was simply saying that using that as a reason to vote "yes" is ridiculous.

Why don't people read posts properly before responding?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The same time Simon let Cheryl fire Louis.

Here is a source Simon Cowell said it at the Britain's Got Talent press conference.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/britains-talent-missed-out-auditions-3398881

Lol, OK so they were joking. (Just as Andy Murray was that time, and he WAS). :D

Still, if Fat Alex gets his way, the Scots will probably have their own version next year anyway. I'm sure it will be a roaring success. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    May I remind you that personal insults against other forum members are not allowed, and furthermore at no point did I say they were your views I was simply saying that using that as a reason to vote "yes" is ridiculous.

Why don't people read posts properly before responding?:confused:

All because you thought Northern Ireland was part of Britain. If you cannot take being proven wrong then you are on the wrong forum. Also where did I say I did not know the rules.

Why are you being grumpy? I put :p at the end.
    Lol, OK so they were joking. (Just as Andy Murray was that time, and he WAS). :D

Still, if Fat Alex gets his way, the Scots will probably have their own version next year anyway. I'm sure it will be a roaring success. :D

Why, Scotland will still be part of Britain next year anyway even if there is a yes vote until 2017.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,046
    Forum Member
    There was an open audition in Edinburgh and there was a Morrison's audition in Dundee but there was no judge auditions.

So the more likely scenario is there wasn't enough talent put through to justify a TV audition
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So the more likely scenario is there wasn't enough talent put through to justify a TV audition

Judge auditions locations are announced at the same time as open audition locations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, Scotland will still be part of Britain next year anyway even if there is a yes vote until 2017.
    Really??!! Damn! >:(

(Only joking - I can't believe for a second that the yes vote will win. And when it doesn't, hopefully Fat Alex will accept it once and for all and move his rabble-rousing entourage somewhere else...........like Siberia). :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really??!! Damn! >:(

(Only joking - I can't believe for a second that the yes vote will win. And when it doesn't, hopefully Fat Alex will accept it once and for all and move his rabble-rousing entourage somewhere else...........like Siberia). :)

How do you know you are not in Scotland.