Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    BeckyboopBeckyboop Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobbyd wrote: »
    What you said was clear both times. I should have posted it as a separate train of thought. My bad :blush:

I agree "scream" seems an unusual word for him.
    I can accept some tailoring of his words, after all he's defending against accusations and you tend to reflect the terms used by your accuser. I can also accept things in the trial will jog his memory or things are now more in the spotlight than last year and he thinks well that's easily explained by x or y so he will want to bring it to the court's attention. That said, there's an awful lot of it !

Did I actually say something that makes sense for a change? :D

Gosh, I'm late for my TAA* class now.

*Trial Addicts Anonymous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    Just some thoughts..
    He liked to humiliate Reeva.
    He pushed her away when she touched his neck in public.
    He would berate her loudly in public.
    In a friends car he put a song on with bad language throughout, when she's a devout Christian who listens to Christian music.
    He would snap at her, showing at that time a lack of respect.

Generally he was pretty shit to her in such a young relationship. It really didn't bode well.

The night he killed her I believe he humiliated her , as it seems his want to do and she ran to lock herself away, to put distance between them with a locked door...this incensed him to the point he fired his gun without much thought.

She was deathly quiet, he would have us believe, in his intruder fairytale. Alll through this fear filled, screaming and ranting episode, so absent of any speech that she was by all intention and purpose already dead in his mind.

.it is just not plausible that the events that night unfolded in that way . In fact so many impossible details, that it has gone beyond reasonable doubt that THAT many improbable things could happen. IMO.

I'm glad that its just a judge and her two advisors that will decide his fate . I feel confident that they will make the correct decision either way.
    I was interested and somewhat comforted the other day when the Judge made that comment about the mistakes OP was making and the discussion about whether it would be safe for the court to proceed. For all the pontificating that we do here, it doesn't matter in a jot what we say or think. Thank Gawd for that I say.

This.
    Great Post imo.

Pistorius's defense team will have been hugely concerned about the overheard argument and raised voices shouting and screaming scenario.
    They would need to know almost exactly what he was shouting in case other witnesses collaborated their versions and that potentially conflicted with the defenses take on it.
    In which case given that as a possibility:
    Has anyone yet suggested that OP could very easily been shouting at Reeva "Get out of my house"?
    if they'd argued, that would be one of the first things he could easily have barked at her.
    If she had indeed been perceived by OP to have been belittling him he may well have told her to "get down". perhaps to see what the world felt like from his perspective.
    Her reaction to this possible scenario could well have been to say "I'm calling the police. let me out. you're scaring me"
    His cocky response "Call the police"?
    Knowing full well she probably wouldn't, so she runs to the bathroom for some air because he's closed the balcony doors as he didn't want neighbors hearing them arguing...

it's all the right words, just in a completely different context!
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Beckyboop wrote: »
    Did I actually say something that makes sense for a change? :D

Gosh, I'm late for my TAA* class now.

*Trial Addicts Anonymous

:D.....
    whats their phone number :blush:
  • Options
    AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Interestingly the jeans don't look to be on top of the duvet in that picture.
    Doesn't alter the fact that Oscar would have to walk over the duvet on his stumps to get from the fan to the hifi unit........and Reeva was supposed to be underneath it in bed.

Compared Kap's photo with trial photo

All the creases on duvet and on jeans match perfectly

So no movement of jeans or duvet between the time both photos were taken

Kap, can you give link to how we can access more of these photos ?

Thanks
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,170
    Forum Member
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Oscar says it wasn't. The police moved it.
    Van Resburg says it was on the floor when he arrived with Botha.
    They were the first on the scene.

Maybe that's why Nel asked Oscar if he tripped over it or knocked it over?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what her jeans were doing on the floor anyway. I'd never leave my clothes scattered around like that.

Op said that jeans where on the floor when he picked them up

Maybe RS or/and OP are more messy (or les OCD) than you ;-) :D
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's surprising how often van Rensburg is allowed to say 'I don't know', 'I can't remember', 'I'm not sure', etc. etc. Roux should've said "I'm sorry Mr van Rensburg but that is not good enough. The court will not accept that. Why don't you know? Why can't you remember?'.

Thought you were referring to Oscar.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Compared Kap's photo with trial photo

All the creases on duvet and on jeans match perfectly

So no movement of jeans or duvet between the time both photos were taken

Kap, can you give link to how we can access more of these photos ?

Thanks

The photo was on this link of updates:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-recap-updates-3399437

Not sure there are any others.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have we had any expert testimony re likelihood of screams when someone is hit with a hollow nosed bullet ?

most victims say being hit by a bullet is like being hit by a truck, it knocks the wind out of you.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on here (fatal words, I know) said that Roux claimed to have evidence that the duvet had originally been on the bed.

I await with interest.
  • Options
    Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    A snippet regarding the screams... (approx 03.55 into it)

http://oscartrial.dstv.com/video/509534/category/0

My word, he really does seem to have every excuse for Any eventuality,
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guy1968 wrote: »
    ALL South Africans have been touched by crime in some way or another- he is not unique. People just get on with it over there. Its a part of life (I know I lived there for over
    30 years) He exaggerates these fears of his and tbh his examples of being a victim of crime were laughable- were they even true? One was most certainly a lie.
    Are you referring to a "flash from a muzzle"?
    I think OP is a compulsive liar to big himself up, I've known one or two like him. I daresay the driver in the black Mercedes was lighting himself a cigarette and OP went into combat mode. Slamming on his brakes indeed. ^_^ I'm not aware that he even noted the car's number.
    I don't even believe he drew his gun at the washing machine.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    My word, he really does seem to have every excuse for Any eventuality,

Alternatively, if he says he doesn't know or can't remember Nel says 'that not good enough'. It seems he can't win most of the time.
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    Are you referring to a "flash from a muzzle"?
    I think OP is a compulsive liar to big himself up, I've known one or two like him. I daresay the driver in the black Mercedes was lighting himself a cigarette and OP went into combat mode. Slamming on his brakes indeed. ^_^ I'm not aware that he even noted the car's number.
    I don't even believe he drew his gun at the washing machine.

I'm starting to think now even Oscar is believing his own lies. Before I think he knew was lying but I think he's convinced himself now.

I think there is something mentally wrong with him, Im sure of it.
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinkerbeIl wrote: »
    Another big inconsistency in his testimony - in his sworn affidavit he said: "On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police." (c+p'd from his original affidavit)

So did he scream, or whisper, or just softly spoke??? :confused:

Thats a good question
    In his testimony in court yesterday he used "spoke" "whispered" "shouted" and "spoke softly" when he was telling her to get down and call the police. The "shouted" was when he had gone off and was near/in the passageway, the other words used were when he got his gun under the bed and spoke to her as he was by the bed.

Thing is, after saying SEVERAL times in his testimony, not just yesterday, that he whispered to her, he threw some clanger yesterday that he DIDNT whisper to her. Sheesh you couldnt make this stuff up. listen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBvvA4cL5Zc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You can scroll a couple mins back to get context

Eta anyone any ideas why he did that?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on here (fatal words, I know) said that Roux claimed to have evidence that the duvet had originally been on the bed.

I can't see that happening myself. Nel would know what photos were available and I can't see him making a big deal about the duvet being on the floor if he knew Roux would simply produce a photo of the Duvet on the bed at a later date. It would make a mockery on the prosecution case. Nel would have been forced to abandon the questioning regarding the duvet because it would be unsound evidence. So I'm doubtful Roux has anything of that nature. He may have evidence that the duvet moved between photos but it has to be on the floor at all times in all photos.

I'm reserving judgement for now because this trial has a way to run yet and Roux may have some pretty convincing evidence himself. I can see how Oscar has cooked up a fantasy scenario to excuse him killing his girlfriend but I'm still not ready to accept 100% that it happened that way. I'm waiting for Roux to finish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The photo was on this link of updates:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-recap-updates-3399437

Not sure there are any others.

Ok thanks anyways
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something I didn't know .. Roux and Nel know each other very well. They're regarded as the best at what they do in SA and quite often go up against each other in trials. This isn't the first time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something I didn't know .. Roux and Nel know each other very well. They're regarded as the best at what they do in SA and quite often go up against each other in trials. This isn't the first time.

Not surprised… most prominent attorneys know each other very well and have faced off in Court…would not surprise me if they were friends…most are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see that happening myself. Nel would know what photos were available and I can't see him making a big deal about the duvet being on the floor if he knew Roux would simply produce a photo of the Duvet on the bed at a later date. It would make a mockery on the prosecution case. Nel would have been forced to abandon the questioning regarding the duvet because it would be unsound evidence. So I'm doubtful Roux has anything of that nature. He may have evidence that the duvet moved between photos but it has to be on the floor at all times in all photos.

I'm reserving judgement for now because this trial has a way to run yet and Roux may have some pretty convincing evidence himself. I can see how Oscar has cooked up a fantasy scenario to excuse him killing his girlfriend but I'm still not ready to accept 100% that it happened that way. I'm waiting for Roux to finish.

I expected a rebuttal yesterday morning about the duvet, but it didn't come.
    I am fairly sure it can be accepted that the duvet was on the floor when the SAPS arrived at approx 4am and that knocks another hole in OP's version.
    It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

3 to 0 in Nels favour. Or that's what someone posted earlier .
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Botha said on the "side of the bed" (ambiguous)

From 24 mins ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwzV3uB9UrI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question

Wasn't there a time/place where OP referred to closing the balcony doors, closing the blinds and closing the curtains ?

I don't see any blinds in the photos…only doors and curtains.
  • Options
    Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alternatively, if he says he doesn't know or can't remember Nel says 'that not good enough'. It seems he can't win most of the time.

Well to be honest, it really isn't good enough to say I don't remember to all those crucial details. OP has evaded and fabricated all the way through his evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Not surprised… most prominent attorneys know each other very well and have faced off in Court…would not surprise me if they were friends…most are.

Why wouldn't they be?
    They are work colleagues and probably enjoy pitting their wits against each other like a game of chess.
    They don't invest their emotions into the cases they work on.......like what we do ;-)
This discussion has been closed.