Options

Jim McDonald is coming back so he is!!!!

weegeriweegeri Posts: 183
Forum Member
I am too excited for words so I am. It's going to be great so it is. There'll be tension between him and Elizabeth so there will.

Comments

• Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim McDonald is a corrie legend, such a unique character they don't make them like him anymore. I was thinking recently that he must be due for release soon, he was sentenced to seven years in October 2011 but had already served 6 months on remand and with good behavior it would be halved to 3 and a half years which means his time should be nearly up.
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    IMO Les was a poor mans attempt at Jim. Awesome news Jim and Liz belong together
  • Options
    weegeriweegeri Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Absolutely right Batman so you are. Jim and Elizabeth are Corrie's Burton and Taylor so they are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim McDonald is returning to Coronation Street.

The bad boy character, played by Charlie Lawson, will make a comeback later this year for an initial three-month period.

As Jim is currently serving a jail sentence for armed robbery, it is thought that the storyline won't see him return to the cobbles but will instead focus on his life behind bars.

Jim had a fiery relationship with wife Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) and was last seen in the ITV soap in 2011 when he was sentenced for seven years after attempting to rob a Building Society to give Liz enough money to buy the Rovers Return.

While firm storyline details are being kept under wraps, Jim's latest reappearance in the show is expected to involve new tension for him and Liz.

McDonald was a regular in Corrie for 11 years between 1989 and 2000. He has made infrequent appearances since.

He will return to screens in July.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a564222/coronation-street-charlie-lawson-to-return-as-bad-boy-jim-mcdonald.html
  • Options
    chewstickchewstick Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brillaint, always liked him, so I do
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim was fitted up!!!!!>:(
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Jim gonna be the one to stop this sinking ship?
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Jim was fitted up!!!!!>:(

How was he fitted up.
    The fool walked into a bank and ****ed it up with a shotgun
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want Andy back.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Great news :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, still looking backwards instead of forward. The character didn't bother me but it's just gonna be the same shit in a different decade. BORED RIGID!
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I read that he was coming up I just went "yawn" in my head. None of his returns have interested me. Saying that in his first stint he was great. If they can get back to that fair enough, but I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I am happy at this news so I am :)
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, still looking backwards instead of forward. The character didn't bother me but it's just gonna be the same shit in a different decade. BORED RIGID!

EE are doing the same and it is just about keeping it's head above water after almost being unrecoverable, so bringing back the lovely Jim can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hear hear!

More "Nuuur, Jim!" simpering from Liz, to look forward too, among the same old, same old plots between them. "yawns"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really can't stand Jim, his voice is irritating . Liz and Jim are two of my least liked characters, with them both back on screen, its going to be a nightmare. Horrible news for me, "So it is"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If they are intent at keep bringing back old characters, then I for one would love to see Annie Walker back behind the bar, perhaps they could prop her up somewhere :p;-):D:D
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what he would think of Michelle and the way she treats Steve?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    I wonder what he would think of Michelle and the way she treats Steve?

He would probably beat her up , "so he would", he likes to give women a slap does Jim
  • Options
    newgrangenewgrange Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I hope he still does the 'calling people by their full name' thing.
    Here, young Madeleine, catch yourself on and have a bath.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Jim.....I think he's great...so I do.............
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they don't put him with Liz, they have been divorced twice, time to leave that in the past