RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Aw love that :)

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    30+. But only 3 are visible. I love them. They represent important people/moments in my life.

They're like my diary.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have 2:

A tigger on my shoulder that needs touched up badly.
    A rose on my ankle that I want covered as I hate it.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    What else is there on tattoo thread bingo?
    :D

I've got 5 - back, shoulder, inner wrists.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Small tasteful tattoos can look cool imo, but I don't like it when people have half their body covered in tattoos especially ones that are massive. Looks kind of tacky imo.

I have one on my right bicep.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Labour won the '97 election, I was so delighted I got a portrait of Tony Blair tattooed on my @rse.

I've gone up several sizes and he looks like John Prescott now.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Do you have zero? one? two? a dozen?

i have two and i must admit i am thinking bout a 3rd

None at all. Nor would I.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6 - Sleeve full arm now its been updated which represents my work and what i enjoy doing. Small wings on the top of my back with an angel in the middle and a blessing in sanskrit, its about someone i lost. Foot and wrist and hand flowers and ladybird just because i ike them.

I understand some don't like tattoos that is there perogative they can have their opinion but at the end of the day its my body and i will do whatever the hell I like with it. Only problem I have is with idiots posting crap about being mentally ill for having tattoos. Biggest load of codswallop ive read on here, what a d1ck.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    None. They no longer represent individuality.

There is a billion other reasons why people get tattoos, usually "to be an individual" is not one of them, tattooed people do realise they are not the only ones :eyeroll smilie:
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None. Got nowt against those who've got them but for me a pointless waste of money. One of my best mates wanted me to get one the same as his when we were young to "seal" our friendship, but I refused, I'm not really into all that sentimental crap. We are still friends though!

Personally, I don't mind them on men, but on women, in 90% of cases, they are repugnant.
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    No tats, no piercings but I do have some super interesting freckles.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have five.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Around 25 at the last count, but some have been absorbed into larger designs.

One or two are personal. A few show my love of gaming from the era I was brought up in. One design encapsulates Cthulhu, a Raven and a Nazgûl as Lovecraft, Poe and Tolkein are my favourite authors. The Norse designs on my back and left arm are down to my heritage. The majority of the rest are ones I've had done whilst travelling. Things like an Oni which I had in done in Japan, a Chaos symbol I got in Greece etc. etc.

Will be getting a couple more done in a few months too. Another Cthulhu design that I've been working on and a small helicopter.

That sounds cool. Lovecraft may have been an obnoxious asshole but he's one of my favourite authors too.

I've got two- a Chaos star and the Einstuerzende Neubauten symbol.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seven so far. One is incomplete as the tattooist is based in London and I don't have the time to go and get the next stage done. Planning my next one too but need to decide on the right artist. Mr Kivi got his hands tattooed a few weeks ago and will probably get his knuckles done when we're back in Manchester. Tattoos and body modification is not for everyone, but I certainly wouldn't insult someone either way!
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Funk You wrote: »
    Lower back tattoos are not sexy especially if its of a name of someone a person has been with for five mins then gets dumped and then has to get it lazered off or done into a different name to cover it up :-D
    Funk You wrote: »
    I understand the ones for lost loved ones but other than that its just a pointless task and a waste of money in my eyes.

Yes. I believe some people solve that problem, by having a photo or photos of (lost) loved ones on them.

What I've never understood, is people having tattoos in places that you can't easily see yourself without a mirror, e.g. on the back, bottom etc. It's like hanging a picture on a wall and turning it around so the picture faces the wall, which most people would think is rather odd.
    One.

My late husband's first name in black and a small black outlined red heart on my inner left wrist.

Couldn't give a 4X about the few people here being offensive about others with tattoos, it's for my eyes only anyway.

The inner wrist may be visible to other people when you're out and about is it not, so not then just for your eyes only. :p
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    The inner wrist may be visible to other people when you're out and about is it not, so not then just for your eyes only. :p

Only if you wear short sleeves I have one on my inner wrist for my Grandma but as I always wear a jumper nobody ever sees it.

I have had mine now for 2 years (one on arm one on wrist) and less than 10 people in real life have seen them
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    None, and no intention of getting any, the only reason I might would be to hide the scars on my arm from when I went through a bad patch, but I doubt I ever will.

My wife has a cat tattoo on her lower back, which looks really nice tbf. Although it's not this exact one, it looks pretty similar: http://besttattoodesignsx.com/wp-content/gallery/cat/Cat-Tattoo-54.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have eight.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only ever liked a butterfly tatoo on a friends ankle. It was tiny and really subtle. I cant stand large tats like the one Cheryl Cole's got.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Yes. I believe some people solve that problem, by having a photo or photos of (lost) loved ones on them.

What I've never understood, is people having tattoos in places that you can't easily see yourself without a mirror, e.g. on the back, bottom etc. It's like hanging a picture on a wall and turning it around so the picture faces the wall, which most people would think is rather odd.

The inner wrist may be visible to other people when you're out and about is it not, so not then just for your eyes only
    . :p

No, it is not, it's exactly as I said. The tattoo is tiny and I wear a wristband and often a watch which completely covers it, and/or a sleeved garment. No-one sees it, it's private to me.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    two

VOLE on my right hand , and EATH on the left.

2 tips, never fall asleep when being tattooed and never employ a dyslexic tattooist.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I've got three and would gladly go back in tine and not have them done. I was in my early 20's when I had them done and 20 years later they look shit. It really is a big regret of mine.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No tattoos, no piercings, not now, not ever.

None of it appeals to me at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to feel an urge for tattoo number 3 quite strongly now
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    No, it is not, it's exactly as I said. The tattoo is tiny and I wear a wristband and often a watch which completely covers it, and/or a sleeved garment. No-one sees it, it's private to me.

Fair enough.