Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when the rovers got refurbed after the fire why did they have the bar in the same position? its totally absurd that they have that much back bar when, the front of bar area is so tiny. stick a few tables and chairs behind the bar and you could quadruple capacity!

and dont get me started on staffing levels. a back street boozer that size would only have 1 person on 90% of the time, yet in the middle of the day there are 3 people on shift reguarly.

If Tina is one of the 3 then it may as well be 2 staff on as she is always off on a break or being sent home early or leaving and not bothering to finish her shift.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Where does the new mechanic live?? He has been on the street over a month now, works there but has not moved in! What is going on!!!!!!!!
    Maybe the garage, like the houses, is also built with Time Lord technology and now incorporates a hotel :)
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    It made for uncomfortable viewing as it was, that would have been sickening. I don't like the S/L anyway, not one bit - and as if Owen would have rolled over and taken it (like Anna now has!) in the first place, have we all forgotten he's a supposed tough man?!

Agreed.

Where does the new mechanic live?? He has been on the street over a month now, works there but has not moved in! What is going on!!!!!!!!

With his sister? Where does she live?

Where does Leanne live? Thought it was at no. 13 or did she move out in the episodes i missed last week?

Leanne and Simon moved with Eva into the flat above the kebab shop.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Agreed.

With his sister? Where does she live?

Leanne and Simon moved with Eva into the flat above the kebab shop.

The new mechanic's sister lives with Tina not her brother
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new mechanic's sister lives with Tina not her brother

Oh yes, thank you, I had forgotten that. *slaps wrist: I must keep up!:)
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,768
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Possibly, who knows? He's a very shrewd operator and is highly manipulative (he sounds like a bit of a sociopath from his own description of himself).
    I'm wondering if the copy of the 'security tape' is in fact, a copy of Phelan & Anna in the hotel room? It would be his final trump card to destroy Owen. :o
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Kevin tells Sophie and Maddie to go and have a shower and change their clothes.

What clothes would they have at his house?

Ha! I thought the same thing. :D
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone remind me who owes what to who? Didn't Owen and Phelan start off in partnership? Did they invest equal amounts? If Owen made an investment wouldn't he and Phelan both be 'bosses'?

So when Gary hit Phelan he said he wouldn't report him if they worked for nothing? When they were caught stealing tiles did Phelan then say they would work for less than nothing ?!!

My mind is so confused over all this. So now Phelan has released them, are they going to get anything when the flats are finally built?

Has Phelan got any replacements for Owen and Gary. Anybody would be quicker than those two as they seem to spend most of the time discussing how they were going to get their revenge on Phelan !
  • Options
    roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Gary hit phelan he told them they would get their investment back (80k) but none of the profits.

When they nicked the tiles he told them they wouldn't get their 80k investment back either and would just work for a daily rate.

They will now get nothing back and have lost their 80k investment as well.
  • Options
    Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Can someone remind me who owes what to who? Didn't Owen and Phelan start off in partnership? Did they invest equal amounts? If Owen made an investment wouldn't he and Phelan both be 'bosses'?

So when Gary hit Phelan he said he wouldn't report him if they worked for nothing? When they were caught stealing tiles did Phelan then say they would work for less than nothing ?!!

My mind is so confused over all this. So now Phelan has released them, are they going to get anything when the flats are finally built?

Has Phelan got any replacements for Owen and Gary. Anybody would be quicker than those two as they seem to spend most of the time discussing how they were going to get their revenge on Phelan !

I'm confused too but my understanding from tonight was that he has released them from the work contract but is still keeping the £80K Owen put in the project.

As he has given them back the disc (maybe ?) they could start chasing after him for the money couldn't they ?
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,174
    Forum Member
    Mart1n0940 wrote: »
    I'm confused too but my understanding from tonight was that he has released them from the work contract but is still keeping the £80K Owen put in the project.

As he has given them back the disc (maybe ?) they could start chasing after him for the money couldn't they ?

I bet Anna hopes they don't :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Gary hit phelan he told them they would get their investment back (80k) but none of the profits.

When they nicked the tiles he told them they wouldn't get their 80k investment back either and would just work for a daily rate.

They will now get nothing back and have lost their 80k investment as well.

Thanks, I am glad you are following the s/l !
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    EDIT: roverboy1965 explained it better than I ever could. :D
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest when money's tight, Anna goes to see Phelan. He proposes a few more bunk ups and she gets some cash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mart1n0940 wrote: »

As has been hinted, I cannot Phelan letting them get away so easily. If he didn't video his passion with Anna, it would be his word against hers that it ever happened ... except when Anna was supposed to be working late at the cafe, she bumped into somebody when she got off the bus? Who was that? Surely she didn't bump into someone for no reason, and that may come out later!
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As has been hinted, I cannot Phelan letting them get away so easily. If he didn't video his passion with Anna, it would be his word against hers that it ever happened ... except when Anna was supposed to be working late at the cafe, she bumped into somebody when she got off the bus? Who was that? Surely she didn't bump into someone for no reason, and that may come out later!

She bumped into Jenna who said she wouldn't tell Roy she'd been skiving in town.

Anna then was quite rude and abrupt with Jenna.
  • Options
    straycat73straycat73 Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Why does Anna still wear her wedding ring?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    straycat73 wrote: »

Maybe she gets too much attention from men if she doesn't :)
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Liam at nursery? - but he will be 5 in July so he should have started school last September.

Reception year starts in the September after a child turns 4.

I thought he went to a child minder as was mentioned last week, when she was ill. Do children usually go to nursery and a child minder? :confused:
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    straycat73 wrote: »
    Has Anna ever been married? She wasn't married to Gary's father, the guy who made cakes, I can't remember his name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought he went to a child minder as was mentioned last week, when she was ill. Do children usually go to nursery and a child minder? :confused:

They can do. A child-minder would collect the child from nursery, and maybe take them if the parents were working.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure where the Phelan thing is gonna lead.

Surely he is planning to spill to Owen what Anna's done. But how does he know that won't lead to his own wife finding out ? Unless he doesn't actually care about her knowing ?

We already know that she knows what he's like and doesn't care. She's only interested in the lifestyle being married to him brings.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The contract. Didn't they sign a contract when Owen put his half of the money £80000. There must have been some sort of clause in a contract of partnership. Sorry I don't understand the legalities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    And she would be able to be prevented from coming near Tyrone at least while she was on Parole and Tyrone could probably get a protection order against her coming near him and Ruby.

I don't understand how Tyrone has been given complete custody of Ruby, and now appears to be accepted by all and sundry as her legal guardian with no checks from social workers even though he was not named as the father on Ruby's birth certificate! He could well have been any bloke off the street as far as the law was concerned :o:o

Don't get me wrong, I love Tyrone and am so glad he has ended up with Ruby but don't understand how he has been allowed to keep her unless Kirsty had a change of heart and put his name on the birth certificate acknowledging him as the father. Have I missed something?
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Liam at nursery? - but he will be 5 in July so he should have started school last September.

Reception year starts in the September after a child turns 4.

Compulsory education starts the term after the child's fifth birthday, although most seem to start at four.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the copy of the 'security tape' is in fact, a copy of Phelan & Anna in the hotel room? It would be his final trump card to destroy Owen. :o

I didn't even think of that! It's obvious that Gary and Owen would be the ones who would want to watch the DVD first to see exactly what is on it........if it's Phelan and Anna, it will lead to ructions :)
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »

Ooh what a wonderful idea - I never thought of that! I really hope this is the case.

I loved it last night when Phelan was making Anna squirm, with his little references to their knobbing session. Just how stupid is Anna? Does she really think that that will be the end of it all? Does she honestly believe that Phelan won't find more ways to get her on her back?

I'm loving Phelan at the moment; he's such a hateful character, a real pantomime villian. Boo, hiss!!
This discussion has been closed.