Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fao porky42

Well its not only for porky but given it was him/her who came up with a definitive theory, it feels right to address this to him. Her?

Anyway.........

I absolutely do not think that the prosecution case is that the bat strikes came before the bullets.

If Nel thought that, he would have HAD to address it with OP during the cross examination. And he didn't, he never even suggested that maybe OP had battered the door with the bat before he shot.

Think back to Nel's cross examination. How many times he said words to the effect of "your counsel did not query this during his cross examination therefore he accepts it was true"

He said that several times. There is no way he would then make exactly the same "error".

Nel would not be allowed to introduce a new theory of the events in his closing argument if he had not given OP the chance to answer questions about it.

I truly think the prosecution accept it was shots then cricket bat.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    I could tell you if Bus Stop2012 was referring to your post but she was reply to mine when she insinuated that I re-post other peoples work and take credit for it…something I never did and would never do.

Her baseless accusations make me suspect that Bus Stop2012 might have a guilty conscience about doing precisely what she accuses others of doing….

...guess some people are like that and prefer to point fingers at others through innuendo rather than take responsibility for their own actions.

This thread has become rather depressing. The level of insults have increased as the level of debate has been diminished ..
    Shame really as it was good for a while.
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magazine rack evidence
    Just read through the thread are people thinking the rack was to the right of the room as you enter it ? I thought OP meant further into the corner to the far right of the toilet (which is technically more to the left as you look at it in the photo)

:confused:
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jos wrote: »
    Two experts on Sky just said it was a done deal for murder.

He has changed his version away from the original so much that the defence witnesses, who are supposedly defending his original version have nothing to work with.

If you get what I mean

:):):):)
  • Options
    AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like anybody would want to re-post anything written by Bus Stop and take credit for it !?! :confused::D
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiris wrote: »
    And he has apparently managed to scupper his own ship without the need of a iceberg

Nel is his iceberg ;-)
  • Options
    cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Followed much of today's proceedings on twitter only and have to say, my initial reaction is that I am swaying back towards the defence version. I need to catch up properly and have a read through everything but the 2 jeans photos kind of threw me because I personally put an awful lot into the fan/duvet evidence.

But first, to the gym! (This one day heat wave has persuaded me to get fit for summer! :D )
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    she has to check that he understands questions put to him through his emotional state that he so very often has, and that he's fit to Stand trial , - he said he was 'tired' and she had to check that he was not so tired that that was the 'reason' he was making 'mistakes' (those 'mistakes' being contradicting his own Statement and saying things that changes his own previous signed Affidavit and Plea Explanation) and he said he 'wasn't' too tired to carry on and that he understood what she said

--- sooo although I agree that she does seem to be sympathetic to him during Nel's questioning, moreso than she was to Burger when faced with the arrogance and bullish style by Roux......but she doesn't want a re-trial based on the nonsense human-rights etc, or that he hadn't understood the questions etc and he was really unfit and shouldn't have been on Stand !! God I hope she's seen through the lying ar*e's responses and his lies, she has two others next to her, the assessor's who surely would have picked up on his contraditions though.

I didnt meant the tiredness thing but yesterday's cross examination, she looked irritated with Nel and wanted to be on oscars side no matter what.
  • Options
    DonmackDonmack Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before asking others to "curb their insults" you might try taking your own advice and not dish them out at others in the first place, Bus Stop !!!!

Exactly.

Does look like there is a post thief on the thread, though. Bit pathetic - and I would imagine it's the same person. I will mail Websleuths.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    This thread has become rather depressing. The level of insults have increased as the level of debate has been diminished ..

I agree with you… but being accused of stealing other people's posts is very insulting IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »

Either put the "offenders" on ignore benjamini or skip over their posts. Would be a shame if everyone stopped contributing just because of in-house squabbles. :(
  • Options
    shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it wasn't you.
    The post i read was, to my surprise - my own! And by the time i came across it I was already aware which of the DS FMs the poster was.
    so please curb your insults, thanks.

:D tell us who tell us who :D
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    I prefer the original jos, thought it was great.

Me too :blush:
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandy Weiner tweets, read bottom up of end of Cross-Exam by Nel , interesting

Roux possibly taking the view that the less his client talks on the stand, the less he can contradict himself.

#oscarpistorius talks with his counsel. Or, more aptly,listens to Roux. His face is more angular, with deep-set eyes and dark rings.

And that's it. Nel is done. *whole country lights up collective stress-relief cigarette*

Cross-examination OVER. #oscarpistorius still clenching jaw. Eyes hollow. Takes a deep breath as judge leaves the room.

Looks like smirks on the faces of investigators Mike van Aard and Andrew Leask. The State will be pleased with how that cross-exam went.

Nel tying up his loose strings and presenting his case to Oscar and the court. All coming together now. Wait for Roux's re-examination.

Nel accuses Oscar of tailoring more and more evidence and his version becoming more and more improbable...

Oscar sounding increasingly defeated and deflated. Will welcome indication from Nel that cross-exam will end today. Respite in sight.
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Definitely more than four then.. But it seems regardless of the holes in his version/s of events it is probably his swing from self defence to involuntary that has caused the most damage. I doubt the judge can overlook this and simply put it down to confusion of the witness as that would set a dangerous precedent for other cases.

This is where I'm a little puzzled, because to me his defence has always been the same - I agree it got a little bizarre temporarily when he appeared to be saying he didn't know he was shooting, but he got over that the next day.
    As far as I know he has never aimed at anything but a total defence to the planned and premeditated murder of RS, but has always been tacitly admitting culpable homicide, albeit he has sought to mitigate it by alleging he was scared for his life.

Thats why I've predicted all along that he will be convicted of CH but that the 'fear' mitigation won't succeed and he'll get a decent sentence instead, on the basis that it was wholly unreasonable to profess to have such fear or to take such action in the prevailing circumstance.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you… but being accused of stealing other people's posts is very insulting IMO

I agree. But rather like the defence , clutching at straws is all the drowning man can do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Nel is his iceberg ;-)

True, who would have thought a hairy iceberg! ;-)
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do u steal posts lol wtf
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donmack wrote: »
    Exactly.

Does look like there is a post thief on the thread, though. Bit pathetic - and I would imagine it's the same person. I will mail Websleuths.

BiB totally agree

Would very much like for Bus Stop to give link to her alleged stolen re-post…. I suspect it's all a crock to get some attention !
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    I didnt meant the tiredness thing but yesterday's cross examination, she looked irritated with Nel and wanted to be on oscars side no matter what.

no I know, but that's where I saw the Judge seem most sympathic to him , when he had the breakdowns and when Nel called him a Liar and when he said to Nel he was 'tired'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D tell us who tell us who :D

Don't hold your breath…. Bus Stop probably can't remember, just like OP ! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, who would have thought a hairy iceberg! ;-)

:D...
  • Options
    DonmackDonmack Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    How do u steal posts lol wtf

:D

Someone does, though. One of mine went wholesale to Websleuths! How sad do you have to be to join a forum and not write your own posts!

Quite funny really :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is where I'm a little puzzled, because to me his defence has always been the same - I agree it got a little bizarre temporarily when he appeared to be saying he didn't know he was shooting, but he got over that the next day.
    As far as I know he has never aimed at anything but a total defence to the planned and premeditated murder of RS, but has always been tacitly admitting culpable homicide, albeit he has sought to mitigate it by alleging he was scared for his life.

Thats why I've predicted all along that he will be convicted of CH but that the 'fear' mitigation won't succeed and he'll get a decent sentence instead, on the basis that it was wholly unreasonable to profess to have such fear or to take such action in the prevailing circumstance.

Think he said too many times that it was accidental and he didn't know, wasn't thinking what he was doing. He can't use that as a defence when his original statement was that he fired (deliberately) for reasons of self defence. Roux tried to gloss over it this morning by saying when you said accidental you were referring to the situation rather than just pulling the trigger, but I think it was too late for that kind of qualification after his repeated statements saying the opposite. I'm still not convinced he'll be convicted for murder even though I think that's the truth of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donmack wrote: »
    :D

Someone does, though. One of mine went wholesale to Websleuths! How sad do you have to be to join a forum and not write your own posts!

Quite funny really :)

Why not join the site and claim ownership?
This discussion has been closed.