PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why.?
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    tony321 wrote: »

Horrible, nasty little woman - not in the least bit surprised she would act in this way.
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    why.?

For lack of intelligence and political judgement, you do realise that this is all over the press and social media now ?
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    At this rate, political parties are going to have to ban their members from social media for their own good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    At this rate, political parties are going to have to ban their members from social media for their own good.

Or have politicians with a sense of decency and respect ?

She will be finished now on Merseyside, I wonder when Dave 'Time to move on' Cameron will give her a vote of confidence ?
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For lack of intelligence and political judgement, you do realise that this is all over the press and social media now ?

No doubt fuelled by people such as yourself seeking to make any political capital they can out of an occasion such as this.

She's apologised for her timing - leave it at that.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    I penned a reply, but decided against it because I know the abuse that would follow, and this thread is symptomatic of the problems discussing anything to do with Hillsborough with misplaced and exaggerated hysteria if you don't fall into line.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very poor by her.
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I penned a reply, but decided against it because I know the abuse that would follow, and this thread is symptomatic of the problems discussing anything to do with Hillsborough with misplaced and exaggerated hysteria if you don't fall into line.

Quite.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

So what?
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    Her behaviour was incredibly stupid and insensitive. As a Wirral MP she would have to be incredibly out of touch if she didn't know about the Hillsborough memorial service. As a Villa fan the events of 25 years ago are still very vivid and can still bring a tear to my eye. My thoughts today are with the families and friends of those who lost their lives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    No doubt fuelled by people such as yourself seeking to make any political capital they can out of an occasion such as this.

She's apologised for her timing - leave it at that.

People can express their opinion how they like and shouldn't have accusation like above leveled at them for doing so.

Voices shouldn't be silenced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a Merseyside MP doesn't understand the importance of today then they don't deserve to represent the area
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

Indeed. Was the UK expected to stop what it was doing during this service? Whilst I wouldn't want to stop folk from whatever observance they feel strongly about, there shouldn't be an expectation on anyone to join it. There is an anniversary of a disaster nigh-on every day, and whilst a few will continue to remember them, the vast majority of us don't.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    People can express their opinion how they like and shouldn't have accusation like above leveled at them for doing so.

Voices shouldn't be silenced.

:D:D:D

Says the man who regularly sneers at any views and opinions that differ from his own.

Your own predictable wumming aside, I have no problem whatsoever with people expressing their opinion but the idea that they can do so and not be engaged in debate, especially in an online forum, is beyond naivety. In my previous post I was just making the point that she's apologised and (I felt) it should be left at that. That's my opinion - which, unless I'm reading your post wrong, you're more than happy to grant me. Mighty generous of you.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not totally clear from the article but was she actually at the Hillsborough service or just tweeted while it was on?

If she was at the service totally unacceptable just as Diane Abbott's was a few weeks back when she tweeted from Tony Benn's funeral service.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    If a Merseyside MP doesn't understand the importance of today then they don't deserve to represent the area

I agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as she's a Merseyside MP it looks really terrible on her part.
  • Options
    DiscombobulateDiscombobulate Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all reminiscent of Dianne Abbot tweeting at Tony Benn's funeral a few weeks ago
  • Options
    MeercamMeercam Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.
  • Options
    razorboyrazorboy Posts: 5,831
    Forum Member
    If she was an MP for anywhere other than a Merseyside constituency this would be a non story, as it is she should be aware of the sensitivities of many of her constituents
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Or have politicians with a sense of decency and respect ?

She will be finished now on Merseyside, I wonder when Dave 'Time to move on' Cameron will give her a vote of confidence ?

Self-serving people don't have much of a sense of decency or respect for others. Most of the people interesting in politics who aren't in it purely for what they can gain aren't in the big parties.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Considering that MPs are public representatives, many of them seem quite clumsy when it comes to public relations.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The readers of the local paper got so fed up with her weekly self publicising articles that the readers flooded it with complaints. Now all 4 local MPs write a short weekly column.
    Dredful woman. Out for number one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not totally clear from the article but was she actually at the Hillsborough service or just tweeted while it was on?

If she was at the service totally unacceptable just as Diane Abbott's was a few weeks back when she tweeted from Tony Benn's funeral service.

She wasn't there and tweeted a press release when it was taking place.