• Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jos wrote: »
    Yet in this case he is the first.

Possibly he has other commitments.
    It's odd tho.
    He would come accross better if he was commenting on defence witnesses we had already heard.
    His job is basically to pull all the evidence together. Difficult for him as we are yet to hear the defence evidence.
    Probably got his holidays booked and needs paid.
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Thanks ..But what I mean is when it's on tv I can watch and join in the forum chat. I am watching on my lappy but it's hard to keep up on this thread as I am having to back and forth :(

whats wrong bella lol?

do you need a link or what?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,600
    Forum Member
    Dixon is just stating the obvious!
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nel on a fishing expedition :p
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ..But what I mean is when it's on tv I can watch and join in the forum chat. I am watching on my lappy but it's hard to keep up on this thread as I am having to back and forth :(

If you open two windows you will be able to keep the sound running and you can flick back and forth
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Decibel stuff is basic knowledge that must be tested surely?

Shame the state didn't test anything to do with sound.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,190
    Forum Member
    bobbyd wrote: »
    OP was ambiguous. I really think he was just being pedantic. I think he meant the rack was further to the right of the toilet, back against the wall and into the corner alongside the toilet. Possibly 20-30 cms difference to the photo (and technically further back and to the left of the photo shown in court)

Which makes her injuries when she fell difficult to explain?

The defence pathologist has already testified an impression of the rack was imprinted on her back.
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member

If it helps I have two windows open, with live feed smaller as the audio is more important than picture unless of course there are photos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Decibel stuff is basic knowledge that must be tested surely?
    Mr Nel, are you a decibel expert ? :p
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    whats wrong bella lol?

Aw, I take her point. It would be easier if you could simultaneously watch TV and be on your 'puter chatting on here, instead of moving from tab to tab. You can of course still hear the discussion though. :)
  • Options
    Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The sound levels are critical to the defence case, not the prosecutions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    whats wrong bella lol?

No ... I am already watching the trial on my lappy. But because I like to watch I have to keep flicking back and forth on my lappy to type on here. So lagging behind in the convo.

is that clearer :D :kitty:
  • Options
    Geelong CatGeelong Cat Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem for Nel is the longer he lingers on problems with the sound tests, the more it highlights the fact that the state did no tests. However crude the tests were, they were still more than the state bothered to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Which makes her injuries when she fell difficult to explain?

The defence pathologist has already testified an impression of the rack was imprinted on her back.

The side upright of the rack. It could work ? I don't know what the gap to wall from the toilet is, has it been stated ?
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did the defence cross-examine this with the State ballistics? Hope they did.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,190
    Forum Member

Why? If other witnesses living further away said they heard certain things then a witness living closer is likely to heard something as well?

Was Reeva killed by sound waves?

The judge has indicated this morning the experts evidence is likely irrelevant to the crux of the matter. Will anyone of these forensic experts prove Reeva and her killer were luvved up and not arguing?
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, the University Professor is in a bit of a pickle now ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jos wrote: »
    If it helps I have two windows open, with live feed smaller as the audio is more important than picture unless of course there are photos.

But I like to watch them :blush: Dixon is pulling some great faces :o
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Judge is at last thinking about how long this is all taking
  • Options
    Geelong CatGeelong Cat Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_X_123 wrote: »
    The sound levels are critical to the defence case, not the prosecutions.

Out of interest were any of the witnesses we've heard so far actually WOKEN by the second set of noises? Some were woken by the first set, but didn't the others all hear screams before the second set of noises and so weren't woken by that second set?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Oh dear, the University Professor is in a bit of a pickle now ...

He is also an expert in pickles, jams and various chutneys.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No ... I am already watching the trial on my lappy. But because I like to watch I have to keep flicking back and forth on my lappy to type on here. So lagging behind in the convo.

is that clearer :D :kitty:

Would you like us to slow down for you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Aw, I take her point. It would be easier if you could simultaneously watch TV and be on your 'puter chatting on here, instead of moving from tab to tab. You can of course still hear the discussion though. :)

That's what I was trying to explain :D But yes I can hear, but I'm a nosey bugger and want to watch at the same time :blush:
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Why? If other witnesses living further away said they heard certain things then a witness living closer is likely to heard something as well?

Was Reeva killed by sound waves?

Well it's important when you have some witnesses saying they heard six gun shots and some witnesses refusing to accept they heard a cricket bat. It's important because if these witnesses are placing screams before or after what they believe to be gun shots.. then it needs to be shown that they can't be mistaken. If the defence is going to prove you CAN be mistaken between a bat and a gun... then that becomes quite important because it calls into question the placement of "female screams". It's a key part of the case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Would you like us to slow down for you?

No ... your stopping me from watching now as I am having keep replying :p:D
This discussion has been closed.