http://s17.postimg.org/avt6ve9ov/nel_and_dog.jpg

:kitty:

Love it. :D
  • Options
    barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Yes, they offer a plea to Nel and its up to him to accept or decline. It's a bit like chess. Nel can decline if he is certain that he will get a conviction for the pre med, however sometimes a compromise is reached.
    If OP has refused to accept a plea then he loses the benefits of mitigation.
    Pleading guilty to a lesser charge would have benefits that are ruled out if he goes ahead. Which he appears to have done.

Oh I see.. sorry to sound silly, I am really interested, but what are the benefits he perhaps loses by not accepting...
    does he perhaps get a lighter sentence for taking a plea bargain?
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    I missed all of today's sessions and haven't read a decent report summing things up. From what I've been able to glean, is it fair to say the defense expert witness Dixon was skewered by Nel?

You got it.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is how the trial is panning out at the moment:

:D... nice one :)
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the last day for 2 weeks. I might get some gardening done. The weeds are creeping in the door.n

Shoot them. It's the only defence you've got.

Cg_Evans wrote: »
    Must be my filthy mind but was wondering how he asks the mrs to have sex, must go on and on and on rofl.....with instructions

He says: "I have my eyes shut, so it's pitch dark. Can I get my rocks off?"

:D
    Obviously nott one of OP's useless guard dogs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychologist Lesley-Anne Pedlar joins Bongani Bingwa - discusses Oscar Pistorius's emotional state throughout the Gerrie Nel's cross-examination

http://oscartrial.dstv.com/video/512564/category/0

Talks about "Amygdala hijack" (emotional responses from people which are immediate and overwhelming, and out of measure with the actual stimulus because it has triggered a much more significant emotional threat).

The avenue the defence will go with an expert?
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL Very good.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-27032336

Just thought I would post these fantastic photos of South Africa.
    They were brought to my attention by my niece as there is a picture of her amongst them (taken by my brother)
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see.. sorry to sound silly, I am really interested, but what are the benefits he perhaps loses by not accepting...
    does he perhaps get a lighter sentence for taking a plea bargain?

His team can negotiate over prison time for example. It's to do with showing remorse and accepting a level of culpability. That is looked on favourably by the court and is a good place for his team to then introduce mitigating factors. Had he pleaded guilty at the outset. I doubt he would have served much prison time. As it is he has now squandered that chance. This is just my opinion and perspective.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love it --- Look at Roux & Co's faces., like that dog was there in that Courtroom !

:o:D:D oh ye of such little faith - Nel is a bulldog and took on Roux

Bulldog -v- Cat = annihilation
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    that really is very clever kapp;-)

:) Roux's pleading hands and Nel's smug face made me laugh :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    Criminologist and Forensic Profiler, Laurie Pieters - OP Trial Day 24, 15 April 2014

http://oscartrial.dstv.com/video/512794/category/0

Interesting to hear her views about lateness of defence carrying out tests. Also comments on Dixon.

Great link Thanks.

Fascinating to hear her take on OP's histrionics as well. She makes the point that he was not exhibiting the usual signs of distress while he was in the dock; running nose, tears, red eyes but he was putting on the whiny voice, sobbing etc. I'm sure judgey poo would have noticed that even if we couldn't.
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Especially the one on 13 feb where she said ' gonna be in heaven tomorrow' :(

its sad

from her tweets should seemed a lovely happy woman

tragic:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    col281 wrote: »
    Great link Thanks.

Fascinating to hear her take on OP's histrionics as well. She makes the point that he was not exhibiting the usual signs of distress while he was in the dock; running nose, tears, red eyes but he was putting on the whiny voice, sobbing etc. I'm sure judgey poo would have noticed that even if we couldn't.

have a listen to http://oscartrial.dstv.com/video/512564/category/0 - PTSD & Amygdala hijack etc Really interesting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Love it --- Look at Roux & Co's faces., like that dog was there in that Courtroom !

:o:D:D oh ye of such little faith - Nel is a bulldog and took on Roux

Bulldog -v- Cat = annihilation

I bet Roux's cat is furious, he must have know that guy was a poor choice....

must say, I do feel sorry for Roux, he does look deflated, Aldwage is still pulling faces behind NEL's back (saw that today) esp when Nel said "I want "what?" put on the records.. watch oldwage in that bit!!
    (sorry have changed, I meant behind NEL's back of course)
  • Options
    GaaronGaaron Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Maybe a good question for Roux to ask when he gets to speak next is:

"How many times have you given evidence for the state in murder cases, in particular cases handled by Gerrie Nel" and see what his response is, because apparently he's appeared for Nel before. Good enough then... not good enough now.

I agree. I find some of the posts rather distasteful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great link Thanks.

Thought it was good to hear from someone who watched him on the stand.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great link Thanks.

I'm sure the judge will have noted his distress . But I have every confidence she will base her findings on the evidence and only the evidence led by the prosecution and the defence. She is not a psychologist. She note his demeanour and body language when answering questions. She will note if he is being evasive etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Roux's pleading hands and Nel's smug face made me laugh :D

Yes!! I was actually just looking for the fourth time at it.. and was laughing about that Rouxs hands, and Nel looking so cool and confident... yes really clever.;-)
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Psychologist Lesley-Anne Pedlar joins Bongani Bingwa - discusses Oscar Pistorius's emotional state throughout the Gerrie Nel's cross-examination

http://oscartrial.dstv.com/video/512564/category/0

Talks about "Amygdala hijack" (emotional responses from people which are immediate and overwhelming, and out of measure with the actual stimulus because it has triggered a much more significant emotional threat).

The avenue the defence will go with an expert?

thanks, will watch this
    I think Oscar knowing he will be facing a prison term is enough to make him feel the way he clearly is - he's had the stuffing knocked out of him, but he's take someone's life - so full of remorse he may be, he'll get the psychological help he needs in prison won't he - at the moment he looks stern, concentrated when he walks to and from the Courtroom, it' s just in the Court in the dock he looks like a puppy who's hurt his paw -

I see it as an act, but do think that he is terrified of losing his Freedom ! but as Nel said "who's to blame for Reeva's death " ? and he wouldn't answer.- says it all. He can't tell the truth and he's surrounded by gun users, it's SA, it wouldn't be punishment if he was just banned from using guns for X amount of years - , he's flouted the Laws regarding use of guns, and now someone's dead -

I am worried that all those pills he's on is and it going to lead to him getting extenuating, mitigating treatment of some kind, there must be a Legal obligation somewhere that Roux will rake up on this very subject - he's sitting in Court looking like he needs psychological help !! (or is that the point ? ).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Apparently the South African Human Rights Commission has chosen not to pursue claims that Nel is violating Oscar's human rights. Good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    thanks, will watch this
    I think Oscar knowing he will be facing a prison term is enough to make him feel the way he clearly is - he's had the stuffing knocked out of him, but he's take someone's life - so full of remorse he may be, he'll get the psychological help he needs in prison won't he - at the moment he looks stern, concentrated when he walks to and from the Courtroom, it' s just in the Court in the dock he looks like a puppy who's hurt his paw -

I see it as an act, but do think that he is terrified of losing his Freedom ! but as Nel said "who's to blame for Reeva's death " ? and he wouldn't answer.- says it all. He can't tell the truth and he's surrounded by gun users, it's SA, it wouldn't be punishment if he was just banned from using guns for X amount of years - , he's flouted the Laws regarding use of guns, and now someone's dead -

I am worried that all those pills he's on is and it going to lead to him getting extenuating, mitigating treatment of some kind, there must be a Legal obligation somewhere that Roux will rake up on this very subject - he's sitting in Court looking like he needs psychological help !! (or is that the point ? ).

To be honest.. just looking at what we know for certain from this case... he IS a great danger to society... anyone who can fire off four bullets in that situation really is a danger...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the South African Human Rights Commission has chosen not to pursue claims that Nel is violating Oscar's human rights. Good.

Yeah, I posted a summary a day or two back(?). Agree, good news to hear the claim was rejected :)
This discussion has been closed.