Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    margohmargoh Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    thanks---,yes what an inappropriate comment to make in a Court during a trial of this magnitude and on tv, very odd. He lacks control at times I think. And I don't care for Oscar , but this is his Defence Team talking, he must be losing confidence in them after today ! he's counting on them keeping him out of jail (not sympathising mind)

Is there a link to this? (the ducking and diving quote)
  • Options
    barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Good night all xxx

goodnight Lynwood xx
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    margoh wrote: »

From 31.00 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSi0LbzhUA
  • Options
    barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is cookie monster the muppet in the dustbin ?
    there's another one ? hmmm
    Janice is Masipa, :D:D or she's that girl/woman who sits behind Roux ?

too much ,,
    must crash

goodnight sandy ;-)
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    margoh wrote: »
    at end of Court today - this may work
    http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/oscar-pistorius-trial-archive/
    from 16.32 mins in , top video clip from last session today
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Du Toit said he wasn't convinced that the prosecution had shown that he intended to kill, noting Pistorius fired roughly level with Steenkamp's mid-section. Prosecution witnesses said the first bullet likely struck her in the hip.

the above clip from some news site I just got on to.... they must be joking....
    article "All is not lost for OP".....
    sky did a lcose up of the door tonight and I felt horror when I actually saw the size of those bullet holes in the door, which entered her body.... they are BIG

They are big. And the last three look 'aimed'.

I've seen some odd comentaries, obviously from those that haven't watched the trial.

It sort of amazes me in a case this important.

But I know it happens.

This case has underlined what I already knew about the press, there's a lot of regurgitation, a lot of second hand views and cheap, get it out there, ideas. Disappointing in a case this big though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Roux. I like him a lot (what we've seen of him anyway) and this is the biggest trial of his career. So I cannot understand why Dixon was offered up as one of the their first defence witnesses. It just don't make sense especially as it's been suggested that they have other expert witnesses in the pipeline. Roux must've known that, no matter what Dixon said, Nel was going to question his credentials.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt the same. Some acknowledgment, subtextuallyl, of the appalling situation Op had left him in.

Glad it wasn't just me, could almost sense him thinking pffffh! I tried though, I really tried..!

Although I have of course gone to bed now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goodnight Hiris, enjoy those dreams!

Thank you! Thunderbirds are(is) go..hopefully ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiris wrote: »
    Glad it wasn't just me, could almost sense him thinking pffffh! I tried though, I really tried..!

Of course, night night kissy from Rhumba:):D
  • Options
    margohmargoh Posts: 75
    Forum Member

Thanks Kap. They all seem quite amused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Roux. I like him a lot (what we've seen of him anyway) and this is the biggest trial of his career. So I cannot understand why Dixon was offered up as one of the their first defence witnesses. It just don't make sense especially as it's been suggested that they have other expert witnesses in the pipeline. Roux must've known that, no matter what Dixon said, Nel was going to question his credentials.

Perhaps Dixon wouldn't testify at any other time? Perhaps Roux wanted him as some extra evidence even though he shouldn't have been first?

Perhaps the other experts will back up his theories?

Mind, some seriously important ones are horribly compromised now, but they can drop them perhaps.

It's awful, Kap, it looks desperate, although I'm actually trying to find some reasons.
  • Options
    GaaronGaaron Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I thought she appeared to be amused by Roux's comment, she certainly broke not the first smile I have seen from her :) to me, she appeared human rather than robot at that moment

Bed, night.

I certainly saw her smile :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Dixon wouldn't testify at any other time? Perhaps Roux wanted him as some extra evidence even though he shouldn't have been first?

Perhaps the other experts will back up his theories?

Mind, some seriously important ones are horribly compromised now, but they can drop them perhaps.

It's awful, Kap, it looks desperate, although I'm actually trying to find some reasons.

Yes, it does look desperate. I thought Dixon's testimony was interesting and informative, and he seemed to know what he was talking about, but when he referred to himself as a "layman" my ears nearly popped off the sides of my head. I just thought 'there's no way you can go into a witness box and call yourself that'. His evidence might well have been accurate for all I know but it didn't matter because of the huge question marks over his right to testify on the subjects under discussion. As I said before, Roux must've known this would happen. He must've done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiris wrote: »

OP discredited his own team, (Roux) by saying to Nel that Roux hadn't brought up certain points during his cross exam of some of the Prosecution's witnesses, ie photographs and things having been moved to the Photographer

- really poor taste that he blamed Roux for HIS lies, OP obviously hadn't even told Roux about certain items having been moved in his bedroom ---as it was his version of that night that he gave to Roux, Roux had no more from Oscar, but as soon as Oscar changes his version as he went along in his cross-exam, Nel highlighted things that his Defence team hadn't contested, so OP blamed Roux !!! and Nel even told OP that Roux would not have left things out omitting anything in cross exam's of the witnesses , he said he knows Roux well !!

no wonder OP's looking miffed today, he tried to taint Roux's professionalism, - Roux's probably told him he's put him in a difficult position now, by changing versions when on the Stand - Roux must have huge doubts about what he can do to help OP now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it does look desperate. I thought Dixon's testimony was interesting and informative, and he seemed to know what he was talking about, but when he referred to himself as a "layman" my ears nearly popped off the sides of my head. I just thought 'there's no way you can go into a witness box and call yourself that'. His evidence might well have been accurate for all I know but it didn't matter because of the huge question marks over his right to testify on the subjects under discussion. As I said before, Roux must've known this would happen. He must've done.

He must, and his not reading of the pathology report (along with everything else) throws everything out the window.

This is why I think that he was supposed to come 'last' and sum it all up. He admitted he was 'flexible' to doing what was required - in a way. So, perhaps he'd have been better there.

However, it all stinks, has to be said. And I'm starting to think the defense actually don't have anything much better and THAT'S the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP discredited his own team, (Roux) by saying to Nel that Roux hadn't said this that and the other to Prosecution's witnesses, really poor taste trying to blame Roux for HIS lies, as it was his version of that night that he gave to Roux, Roux had no more from Oscar, but as soon as Oscar changes his version as he went along in cross-exam, Nel highlighted things that his Defence team hadn't contested, so OP blamed Roux !!!

no wonder OP's looking miffed, it's trying to taint Roux's professionalism, no wonder OP looks deflated today, Roux's probably told him he's put him in a difficult position now, by changing versions , he must have huge doubts about what he can do to help OP now.

It looks like Roux has totally lost faith. It wouldn't surprise me that a lot of the defense witnesses don't want to testify either.

The rug has been pulled on this defense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaaron wrote: »
    I certainly saw her smile :)
    she did, grinned
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like Roux has totally lost faith. It wouldn't surprise me that a lot of the defense witnesses don't want to testify either.

Alex C said on Sky that it was only this morning when cleaners were dusting the door in Courtroom that Dixon looked at a mark on the door closely, he only got report sorted last week, and was still doing it by the sounds of it, - Defence have had a YEAR !! now they might not be able to bring forward some witnesses following Oscar's cross exam on Stand, or as you say, some may have pulled out or not wanted to do it anyway now after that !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He must, and his not reading of the pathology report (along with everything else) throws everything out the window.

This is why I think that he was supposed to come 'last' and sum it all up. He admitted he was 'flexible' to doing what was required - in a way. So, perhaps he'd have been better there.

However, it all stinks, has to be said. And I'm starting to think the defense actually don't have anything much better and THAT'S the problem.

Yes, I agree. The defence needs something convincing that can't be so easily pulled apart by Nel. I'm sure the much-vaunted animation 'thing' will be impressive but even that is surely now under threat after Pistorius's testimony.

But then Roux gave Pistorius a slap on the back and shook his hand after today's proceedings ended so who knows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I been thinking a bit about the movie they will make of this trial, what do you think of the cast ?

Angela Bassett - Mi lady
    Channing Tatum - Oscar
    Richard Gere - Mr Roux
    Ed Harris - Mr Nel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree. The defence needs something convincing that can't be so easily pulled apart by Nel. I'm sure the much-vaunted animation 'thing' will be impressive but even that is surely now under threat after Pistorius's testimony.

But then Roux gave Pistorius a slap on the back and shook his hand after today's proceedings ended so who knows.

Means nothing Kap, even - loser, never mind, there you go.

There's no way that day went well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I been thinking a bit about the movie they will make of this trial, what do you think of the cast ?

Angela Bassett - Mi lady
    Channing Tatum - Oscar
    Richard Gere - Mr Roux
    Ed Harris - Mr Nel

oooo Ed Harris, love him

Richard Gere, too handsome for Roux
    What about Jack Nicholson for Roux !!
  • Options
    GaaronGaaron Posts: 179
    Forum Member

It sadly appears that way. Sad, in that Roux, need not have lost this way.
This discussion has been closed.