Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's really true that OP already had a new girlfriend before the trial? I remember reading in the papers and found it odd that he had moved on so quickly.

Yes it's true, she's a 19 year old paramedic apparently and her family have welcomed him. :o:o:o
  • Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiris wrote: »
    I do after he tearfully stated to the court that he had put his life on hold for the last year as a result of having killed Reeva.

Yes that was one of the most astonishing slips of the trial... along with "I'm fighting for my life" - uh no, death sentence was abolished. You're fighting to avoid justice.
  • Options
    GaaronGaaron Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I think that's very problematic - a 'reasonable' person would not expect that the person inside that tiny room, with hard walls, using talon bullets and four shots, wouldn't likely be dead or seriously injured.

And the spread of the bullet looks very deliberate according to Hood today.

So it would be ABOVE Culpable Homicide.

He also tried to 'cover up' and this is seen as raising the level of the murder.

Have a look at this - Dolus - it shows the SA breakdown of murders.

http://www.conferencespeakers.co.za/the-oscar-pistorius-trial-what-did-he-do-david-dadic/

I think it would fall either in Dolus indirectus - he saw the unlawful conduct of consequences as certain, or virtually certain.

Or Dolus Eventualis - SHOULD have foreseen the possible consequences.

Thank you for the link - I began by scanning & then realised I needed to read properly. I will tomorrow, as my eyesight is becoming fuzzy ;-)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I think the shots show he was aiming to cover as much as possible of the area, at the height hardest to survive for the person.

I also think he hit her in the hip and heard her fall and lowered his shots to finish her off.

I also think he had a very good idea where she was, and there wasn't much to choose from anyway.

Depending on how much of the toilet door had been broken open he could well have seen her through it anyway. It's been suggested that she could see him (and the gun) hence the escalation of the fear in the screams.
  • Options
    AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty much all over now anyway. I'll be astonished if he isn't found guilty of the premeditated murder of Steenkamp.

It took him longer than the rest of us, but... Kap has finally seen the light of truth and reason…. Hallelujah, praise the Lord !

Don't feel bad it took you so long to get there Kap… I'm sure you're probably very astute when it comes to others things………….:cool: :p ;-) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gaaron wrote: »
    Thank you for the link - I began by scanning & then realised I needed to read properly. I will tomorrow, as my eyesight is becoming fuzzy ;-)

Am I the only one on here who's sober! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    It took him longer than the rest of us, but... Kap has finally seen the light of truth and reason…. Hallelujah, praise the Lord !

Don't feel bad it took you so long to get there Kap… I'm sure you're probably very astute when it comes to others things………….:cool: :p ;-) :D

I don't think there's anything wrong in evaluating the evidence before coming to a decision :kitty: Despite what some thought, I never was a troll proclaiming Pistorius's innocence just to wind people up.

Who knows, maybe the defence will produce a stunning piece of evidence that changes everything...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reading that link, it sounds like Murder - Dolus Eventualis would cover the scenario I mentioned.

Dolus eventualis exists where the accused does not mean to actually cause the unlawful consequence which follows from his conduct, but foresees or should foresee the possibility of the consequences ensuing, and nonetheless proceeds with his conduct.

One step up from Culpable Homicide.

Thanks for the summary Kap! Yes that sounds plausible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpscloud wrote: »
    Yes that was one of the most astonishing slips of the trial... along with "I'm fighting for my life" - uh no, death sentence was abolished. You're fighting to avoid justice.

Or as one thread comedian quoted, "I'm farting for my luff!" :D

Whoever said it please remind us who you are?! Was too funny :D
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope! ;-)
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was Donmack:D
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope! ;-)

Or not dosed up to the eyeballs on medication? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's got a philosophical attitude.

Or perhaps doesn't learn from his mistakes.:D

I do question their methodology! I can understand they're not looking for a murderer, but gee...
  • Options
    AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's anything wrong in evaluating the evidence before coming to a decision :kitty:

Who knows, maybe the defence will produce a stunning piece of evidence that changes everything...

BiB… Your absolutely right… you should go at a pace that you're comfortable with… there is no shame in not picking up on things as fast as the rest of the group. ;-) :D
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's anything wrong in evaluating the evidence before coming to a decision :kitty: Despite what some thought, I never was a troll proclaiming Pistorius's innocence just to wind people up.

I wouldn't hold your breath exactly.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't hold your breath exactly.:cool:

I can't see it either. I'm interested in the other Silver Woods witnesses though just to know what they did or didn't hear on the night in question.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I saw another good one on twitter

-I'm aving to sell my arse to pay for this trial :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not just Kap....
    I haven't yet come to a decision, because unusually for me, 'emotion' has entered my thoughts. I need to rid the emotive thoughts.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Rather presumptuous ;-) No, I've watched both sessions & have done a lot of reading - my eyes are tired :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gaaron wrote: »
    Not just Kap....
    I haven't yet come to a decision, because unusually for me, 'emotion' has entered my thoughts. I need to rid the emotive thoughts.

In what way?
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on AJ, Kap is a maverick. :cool:
    Mind you, this thread would have been a hell of a lot less pages if the Lad had just bucked up his ideas earlier. :):):D:p
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »

I've read that before :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's still making me giggle :D:D
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I saw another good one on twitter

-I'm aving to sell my arse to pay for this trial :o

Oh God… there goes my spleen !! Can't take any more… hilarious !!!!!
This discussion has been closed.