So Go on... Bring Me Up to Speed...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    Ah thanks. I'll give those a watch in a bit. :)
    Who's Roxy's new fella? Seems like a bit of a slime ball :D
    Also can I just say Shirley is perfect behind the bar at the Vic.

No worries :) I like Aleks, I think he's a great new character. He lives with Jake (if you see tonight's episode, Jake is the guy who works for Ian and stared and Lucy and Lee through the kitchen door).

I agree, I think Shirley is great in the Vic.
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Oh and wait until you see the Carter's doggy, Lady Di :D She's amazing!
    She's about to have pups with the Branning's dog Tramp. (Lady and the Tramp!! :D)
    She growled at Sharon too when she was having a go at Shirley! :cool:

Aww yeh Lady Di is so cute. There were a few scenes at the beginning with us finding out that Linda was a huge fan of Diana and Dot didn't like a dog being named after her - there was a scene where Dot and Linda talked about that.
    Ooh. So is he genuinely interested in Roxy or are we to believe he has other motives?

Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

I think a bit of both. Aleks likes to ruffle feathers and doesn't mind hurting people's feelings so....
    His scenes with Tamwar are hilarious - as he is his boss, Tamwar hates making his tea or coffee with millions of sugars in it!
    I think he likes her but he also likes the idea of winding Ronnie up. I think he knows that Ronnie has pushed the boundaries as a person so he likes the challenge of squaring up against her, if that makes sense? ^_^

I reckon he actually prefers Ronnie....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I understand :) why did she pay him to date Roxie if she clearly knows he's a wrongun?

It's all part of the new Ronnie. Ronnie hated Archie but she now wears his ring. She's being see as controlling Roxy (more than usual!) and I think it's all to do with that.
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    It's all part of the new Ronnie. Ronnie hated Archie but she now wears his ring. She's being see as controlling Roxy (more than usual!) and I think it's all to do with that.

Ah ok - it does make some kind of warped sense - after everything she's been though, she wants to keep someone like Roxie as close as possible.
    Making her go out with someone who accepts money to beat up people doesn't seem like the best sisterly approach though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok - it does make some kind of warped sense - after everything she's been though, she wants to keep someone like Roxie as close as possible.
    Making her go out with someone who accepts money to beat up people doesn't seem like the best sisterly approach though :D

No not really!!! :p

Ronnie's scenes with Stacey are electrifying by the way - there's so much shared history and shared pain there - there's a bit of mutual respect between them. It's great to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha oh my god who are the undertakers?!? :D:D

"Why is there a dead body outside my restaurant?!" Haha!!
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Haha oh my god who are the undertakers?!? :D:D

"Why is there a dead body outside my restaurant?!" Haha!!

They're part of the new characters from the other market place. :)

I'm not too sure if he's the same guy, but I think he's done a scheme with Charlie Cotton (supposed to be Dot's grandson) and possibly faking Nick's death.. We're assuming Nick's involved, but we haven't actually seen or heard from him on screen yet. All we know is that Charlie and the undertaker were very worried about anyone looking inside the coffin at the body and at the end of the 'funeral' Charlie said on the phone to someone "it's done" or something like that. ^_^

Oh, and Charlie has slept with Ronnie. :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not too sure if he's the same guy, but I think he's done a scheme with Charlie Cotton (supposed to be Dot's grandson) and possibly faking Nick's death.. We're assuming Nick's involved, but we haven't actually seen or heard from him on screen yet. All we know is that Charlie and the undertaker were very worried about anyone looking inside the coffin at the body and at the end of the 'funeral' Charlie said on the phone to someone "it's done" or something like that. ^_^

Two episodes in and I'm hooked. Looking forward to seeing how everything plays out! :D
  • Options
    perpet83perpet83 Posts: 227
    Forum Member

He is the same guy. He also arranged Pat's funeral a couple of years ago and seemed to have known Pat, and Dot talked about his wife a few weeks ago as if she knew her quite well so I think they are supposed to be characters who have been in Walford for a long time and know some of the other characters but are only just now actually moving to the Square. He also gave Ray's daughter a work experience placement a while back (not sure if you know who Ray was but that doesn't matter now.) Slightly more relevant is that when Michael was tormenting Jean, Les Coker turned up at the Vic and said he'd had a call to go there and arrange a funeral for Stacey (who was in Mexico at the time) causing Jean to freak out. It may have been innocent on his part and that Michael called him and he didn't know it was a windup but now that we know he is a bit of a wrongun who took money from Charlie to do something dodgy, probably helping to fake Nick's death, I did wonder if the incident with Michael could have been something similar. I think he will turn out to be a very interesting character.

Ronnie arranged the date with Aleks to cheer Roxy up because she was feeling down. She agreed to pay him to give Roxy one perfect date to boost her morale, but expected him to just back off after that. Not sure why she thought being dumped again would cheer her sister up but then the woman is deranged. She was furious when he refused to obey her and kept on seeing Roxy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ thanks for that :)

I've just watched the Jonny story on YouTube. Brilliant stuff. Seems EE has really turned around.
  • Options
    PoppyHoneyPoppyHoney Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I just started rewatching in October. Can someone explain to me why women throw themselves at Max? I don't get it!
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppyHoney wrote: »
    I just started rewatching in October. Can someone explain to me why women throw themselves at Max? I don't get it!

Don't think anyone but the women themselves or even EE writers can answer that mind boggling question
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,799
    Forum Member
    There's a two bit lush called Shirley who lives in the gutter making nasty, spiteful, bitter remarks to anyone who has anything in life that she is jealous of. The only other thing you need to know is that, incredibly, there is a restaurant that is owned and run by a weasel. I think that's all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two episodes in and I'm hooked. Looking forward to seeing how everything plays out! :D

Yay!! :) The Johnny storyline is great. What did you think to the scene where he told Mick he was gay? They had only been in the show a week when that was aired and it was like they'd been there years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Yay!! :) The Johnny storyline is great. What did you think to the scene where he told Mick he was gay? They had only been in the show a week when that was aired and it was like they'd been there years.

Yeah it was great stuff - I've been there, and it was really well written and acted - coming from Daren Litten though it's hardly surprising. Jonny is gorgeous >3 .....
    I didn't watch the whole story, has he slept with Danny?