Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I like the Eurovoix poll now, Enrico Ruggeri must have been on drugs giving Georgia 12 points

Georgia – 12 points
    Montenegro – 10 points
    Armenia – 8 points
    Malta – 7 points
    Latvia – 6 points
    France – 5 points
    Albania – 4 points
    Iceland – 3 points
    Belarus – 2 points
    Austria – 1 point

We are still at the top though despite Italy trying to sabotage us

Top 5

United Kingdom – 103 points
    Norway – 80 points
    Malta – 78 points
    Denmark – 76 points
    Armenia – 73 points
  • Options
    Jem CasperJem Casper Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    All Eastern OGAE countries that have voted so far have given Conchita points. Of course, I know OGAE doesn't mean much (as we've seen in previous years), but it's a good sign none the less. And Dana Int. won!

I don't believe you :cry: You're obviously really Armenian :D:D

In the video when Ruth joked that she would get a beard and her and Conchita would do a duet next year.... I'd actually really like to see that :blush:

OGAE? Well they've given Hersi squat so that proves how inaccurate they are. Poor lass.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,518
    Forum Member
    Jem Casper wrote: »
    OGAE? Well they've given Hersi squat so that proves how inaccurate they are. Poor lass.

I think it proves that they have functioning ears ;-)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an Azeri song had to win over the years I would have much preferred it to be Hold Me than Running Scared.

I've listened to the songs in semi-final order twice already but I am very fickle so may go through them a couple more times before declaring my hand. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In my humble opinion Azerbaijan should have instantly been disqualified from the competition and the final should have been redone to let the 11th non qualifier from Semi Final 1 to perform which I think was my neighbour Serbia.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least we are still #1 on that poll! :)
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, boys and girls....

What are your favourite misheard lyrics this year? I guess there won't be many since the majority of songs are in English.

My favourite is Israel... Ms Finegold clearly says "I touch your *word for penis here*"

http://youtu.be/_uB4JMw4ctc?t=1m5s

anyone else got any good'uns from this year? or even past? I also quite like Croatia 2012, where Nina sings about her lack of lasagne...
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am loving Russia.

1.07 to 1.25 is the best piece of music in the whole contest this year for me.

Any other year..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my humble opinion Azerbaijan should have instantly been disqualified from the competition and the final should have been redone to let the 11th non qualifier from Semi Final 1 to perform which I think was my neighbour Serbia.

Why? :blush:
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,518
    Forum Member
    In the updated version of Undo (with the added "-ness"), the very last time she sings this (right after the crescendo) it really does sound like she's singing "Undo my Sandal".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am loving Russia.

1.07 to 1.25 is the best piece of music in the whole contest this year for me.

Any other year..........

The bit when they're not singing then? :D
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    The bit when they're not singing then? :D

Well........true.:D I do love the rest of it too though. It definitely sounds beefed up on the album compared to what they first revealed.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, boys and girls....

What are your favourite misheard lyrics this year? I guess there won't be many since the majority of songs are in English.

My favourite is Israel... Ms Finegold clearly says "I touch your *word for penis here*"

http://youtu.be/_uB4JMw4ctc?t=1m5s

anyone else got any good'uns from this year? or even past? I also quite like Croatia 2012, where Nina sings about her lack of lasagne...
    Not so much a misheard lyric but I wish Attention was called Erection just so I could take some sort of enjoyment from the song.
  • Options
    .:Tom:..:Tom:. Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    In the updated version of Undo (with the added "-ness"), the very last time she sings this (right after the crescendo) it really does sound like she's singing "Undo my Sandal".
    Just checked this out and you're right. Where are the 'ss'? Sounds more like Sadnal. :/

While I'm at it, Empty Room was miles better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In CoTu, as a foreigner I think Molly is singing ' And I'm tight ' rather than ' Hold on tight '.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, boys and girls....

What are your favourite misheard lyrics this year? ...

well it has to ..."Rise like a penis". That's what I sing whenever Conchita comes on anyway;-)
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I initially thought Molly was singing 'Something’s stirring in the silence and it wreaks of piss and violence'. :kitty:
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conchita isn't getting points from many eastern countries so highly doubt she will win. This win should be for Hersi.

hmm... let's look at 1998 and some of Dana International's votes;
    Poland 10
    Slovenia 7
    Romania 7
    Macedonia 8

and gay-friendly Western Europe;
    Norway 3
    UK 5
    Sweden 5
    Ireland 6
    Holland 6

It was the Mediterrenean countries that won it for Dana, not North and Western countries like ours.
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I initially thought Molly was singing 'Something’s stirring in the silence and it wreaks of piss and violence'. :kitty:
    :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hmm... let's look at 1998 and some of Dana International's votes;
    Poland 10
    Slovenia 7
    Romania 7
    Macedonia 8

and gay-friendly Western Europe;
    Norway 3
    UK 5
    Sweden 5
    Ireland 6
    Holland 6

It was the Mediterrenean countries that won it for Dana, not North and Western countries like ours.

People were not calling for it to be cancelled though, were they?

And it's worth mentioning they got nothing from Slovakia, Croatia and Hungary.
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Not sure I like the Eurovoix poll now, Enrico Ruggeri must have been on drugs giving Georgia 12 points

Georgia – 12 points
    Montenegro – 10 points
    Armenia – 8 points
    Malta – 7 points
    Latvia – 6 points
    France – 5 points
    Albania – 4 points
    Iceland – 3 points
    Belarus – 2 points
    Austria – 1 point

We are still at the top though despite Italy trying to sabotage us

Top 5

United Kingdom – 103 points
    Norway – 80 points
    Malta – 78 points
    Denmark – 76 points
    Armenia – 73 points

It's nice to see Sweden not in the Top 5 for a change. I'm hoping Sweden will get a first half draw and then I don't think they'll win.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any Scandinavian country deserves to win it's Norway. Great song with heartfelt lyrics and very understated, sensitive and moving.

The UK will get its best result in years I think.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    If any Scandinavian country deserves to win it's Norway. Great song with heartfelt lyrics and very understated, sensitive and moving.

The UK will get its best result in years I think.

Please... no >:(

Rather Latvia.
  • Options
    Suzy07Suzy07 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice to see Sweden not in the Top 5 for a change. I'm hoping Sweden will get a first half draw and then I don't think they'll win.

Don't think they'll win anyway to be honest.

I just hope we don't have a 2011 scenario again with no clear winner and Azerbaijan sneaking it. With Turkey out again this year Azerbaijan will pick up a lot of their diaspora votes.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please... no >:(

Rather Latvia.

Yuck.

Awful song.
This discussion has been closed.