Options

EastEnders - The REALLY BIG Lucy Beale Discussion Thread (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 10 month killer storyline is ridiculous this means this will dominate the whole year so anything else shown will be crappy storylines. I feel for all the actors who are gonna take a back seat to this storyline. Also what about the Christmas Day episode thats always the biggest episode of the year but now thats already got the episode dominated with this killer storyline
  • Options
    Costa StarbucksCosta Starbucks Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it will be a sex game gone wrong!

On another note how does a restaurant that has not opened yet have cheesecake on the counter all night
  • Options
    BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the main suspects are Denise, Max, Lauren, Peter, Jane, Ian. ? Even at 1080p its hard to see who most of them are.:(

it's a cool add.

It is. Something tells me it might not be any of the main ones though.

However, I do notice that Tamwar is no where to be seen in the trailer, and he wasn't in the cast photo earlier this week. I hope he's not leaving.
  • Options
    wwinterjwwinterj Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the head injury is the thing that killed Lucy and that's it.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    A 10 month killer storyline is ridiculous this means this will dominate the whole year so anything else shown will be crappy storylines. I feel for all the actors who are gonna take a back seat to this storyline. Also what about the Christmas Day episode thats always the biggest episode of the year but now thats already got the episode dominated with this killer storyline

There are going to be other big storylines going on as well, as alreadt said by DTC, and we don't know what the Xmas storyline is going to be yet, the Lucy storyline will not dominate the show, DTC has already said this.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have questioned if it could be Abbey.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    BigDuck wrote: »
    Well, I've watched it again, and can make out:

?, Charlie, Johnny, Dean, Jake, Lola, Bianca, Max, Dot, Fatboy, Dexter, Linda, Tina, Cindy, Aleks, Mick, Liam, Abi, Phil, Masood, Cora, Shabnam, TJ, ?, Whitney, Tosh, Sharon, Terry, Ian, Peter, Lee, Kat, Roxy, Carol, Roxy, Shirley, Nancy, Stan, Mo, Patrick, Denise, Alfie, Billy, Jay, Lauren, Les, Pam and Donna.

So can anyone make out who the following are:

Standing behind TJ?
    Standing next to Whitney?
    Did I miss anyone??
    Nikki is question mark
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Doubt its any major character because that would be the end of them...they cant gave another character get away with murder!

Still think its Nick Cotton.
    Why would Nick kill Lucy ?
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be a email she received via her phone, instead of a text.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why but nancy is sticking in my mind
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I think he will be arrested and charged for her murder but it won't be him but everyone will think it is, my theory anyway as Jamie Lomas is leaving soon wouldn't make much sense him being the killer if he goes before the reveal.

He'll probably be the first one arrested, and when he gets released he'll leave because of all the bad memories etc.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    The evidence is on her phone though so that will be examined throughly

Then they'll find voice messages / text messages / phone calls from every different type of person wanting something different from Lucy - making the suspects
  • Options
    wwinterjwwinterj Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted other as That "text" could have been a email from Peter or something as I'm sure she said she had emailed Peter. I don't think it has any connection with Lucy dying. I also believe the head injury Lucy got early on in the week is the reason she's dead. I saw no blood or anything when Lucy was lying there.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    There will have to be some sort of flashbacks if this is a 10 month thing. With 4 episodes a week, people aren't going to remember the finer details of tonight's episode in the coming months, and since so much is held back about Lucy, it will surely be better in terms of storytelling if we see it happen rather than dubious monologues from the rest of the cast!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The time of the text message sent and her being murdereed will add up
  • Options
    KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the person besides Whitney is Carol because she has that scarf now and the person you thought was Carol might be Ronnie/Jane. Nikki is standing behind TJ.
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I got was her saying bye to Walford, like she was about to commit suicide. But could have just been, like someone said above, for dramatic effect and to the audience to signify the end.
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I believe that it was NOT Abi, for various reasons:
    - It would be boring and predictable
    - Abi does not have it in her to blackmail someone
    - Abi is a weak character
    - No disrespect but the actress isn't the best, I don't think she could pull it off.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Dean next to Whitney ?
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    flan11 wrote: »
    I think Masood is a good shout.

We saw him see Lucy trip in the square and he didn't call for Jane (as he knew she was looking for her). I think he has quite a good motive and we know from earlier in the year that he has a temper on him.

This, there is something suspicious about him tonight and as you say he has a temper.

Masood is a dark horse suspect
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The time of the text message sent and her being murdereed will add up

They cant give a exact time she died only a timeline of a certain amount of time so it would be very hard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DTC says one thing but we all know it wont be like that
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, having now seen the episode... I'm still sticking with this theory. Sure, the smaller details of mine are unlikely to come up, but as for a collective plot, I think this is how it'll play out.

When Lucy received a text towards the end of the episode, I'm confident it was the, as explained in my original post, friend/relative posing as a potential buyer. Significantly, Lucy did mention the flats to Lauren tonight, and I'm guessing that she took it as her own duty to deal with the buyer.

While journeying to the flats, an intoxicated Jake pulls Lucy over for a conversation. Obsessively trying to lure Lucy to bed, the pair end up in a blazing row; a row that ultimately leaves Lucy lying on the floor with a further head injury.

From here on in, the plot I explained in the opening post would commence. Fearing failure, Lucy takes cocaine. Depressed, Lucy jumps off the flat balcony without really understanding the precautions of this action. A sobered up Jake runs to the flats, wanting to make sure he didn't hurt her too much. He sees Lucy lying on the ground dead with bleeding from the brain. He immediately thinks he's responsible. Panicked, Jake picks up the body and dumps it in the woods. He takes her bag to stage a mugging gone wrong.

Ostensibly, the main guilt would be shovelled to the 'mystery buyer' and the drug supplier. They'll be the ones directly responsible for the death, while characters like Max and Ian (caused stress, depression = suicidal thoughts) will be indirectly responsible. As for who will be charged? Jake. He'll be charged for the murder, and won't be released from prison. Technically, the 'buyer' couldn't be legally charged with murder, nor could the drug supplier - Whereas Jake can be. He's the person who physically dumps a dead body, which in the eyes of the police, will make him irrefutably guilty.

We'll see what happens... But I'm sure her death isn't a murder. It's a suicide that places guilt on all characters. If I was the EP, I think I'd go with this plot. It's unexpected (to some), it's interesting, it's complex and it's different. It's not been done before in a soap, so it'd be something really rather gripping.
  • Options
    ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    I dont know why but nancy is sticking in my mind

Hmm that's interesting !
  • Options
    BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the person besides Whitney is Carol because she has that scarf now and the person you thought was Carol might be Ronnie/Jane. Nikki is standing behind TJ.

Of course it is, you're exactly right!
This discussion has been closed.