Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite. :)

His call to netcare was seconds after his call to Stander. The prosecution has him firing shots at 3:17. If thats the case he had no thinking time at all because he rang Stander at 3:19.

Ah ok thanks. That does seem to blow a disposal plan away.
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    Well I still think Pistorius's story is suspect, especially the way he told it on the stand, but my belief that he'll be found guilty of anything more than culpable homicide has dropped sharply over the last 24 hours.

This long adjournment is not good for you. Keep the faith:)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    jos wrote: »
    This long adjournment is not good for you. Keep the faith:)

I didn't intend posting here after the adjournment but it's sort of addictive. :blush:
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    Well I still think Pistorius's story is suspect, especially the way he told it on the stand, but my belief that he'll be found guilty of anything more than culpable homicide has dropped sharply over the last 24 hours.

Have faith, still at least another 384 hours to go (I think)!;-)
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    daver34 wrote: »
    Would that not be the degree of guilt?.

Sorry, should have said the premeditated murder of RS or even the intended murder of RS. Thats what this is about.
    Culpable homicide has always been a slam dunk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    col281 wrote: »
    So in 2 mins he had to check if Reeva was still in bed, on the floor, etc, put his legs on (I think), get the bat, bash the door down check if Reeva alive or not, drag her into the bathroom and only then phone Stander.

Not bad going in 120 seconds.

I must have missed something and if I have I blame the wine.

I don't think they synchronised watches;-)

There is something wrong with the timings , thought this all along, they don't make sense to me even though some posters have very kindly listed them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So in 2 mins he had to check if Reeva was still in bed, on the floor, etc, put his legs on (I think), get the bat, bash the door down check if Reeva alive or not, drag her into the bathroom and only then phone Stander.

Well, if he shot her at 3:17 he didn't need to look for her, so that cuts down the time needed. It also means the door was easier to open because it was broken somewhat at 3:02.
    But it does mean just 2 minutes, yes.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daver34 wrote: »
    Would that not be the degree of guilt?.

That I agree with, he armed himself and shot through a door 'at' another human being.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpscloud wrote: »
    Ah ok thanks. That does seem to blow a disposal plan away.

Interesting that Nel said to Pistorius, you did not want security at your house did you? I wonder why he said that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Well, if he shot her at 3:17 he didn't need to look for her, so that cuts down the time needed. It also means the door was easier to open because it was broken somewhat at 3:02.

But at the time he shot her he didn't know it was her according to him.

God, this is complicated:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't intend posting here after the adjournment but it's sort of addictive. :blush:

Same here - just popped on to see if anything was afoot and low and behold it was:)

Then had to put my twopen'th in. As you say addictive.

We'll all need counselling when it's all over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But at the time he shot her he didn't know it was her according to him.

God, this is complicated:)

Haha it is! I was going on the prosecution's version. They have him shooting at 3:17 yet phoning Stander at 3:19.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most suspect thing in his whole story is that he didn't attempt to see where Reeva was before grabbing a gun and blasting it into the toilet door. Why would he assume that she was asleep?

I haven't heard all the evidence but where was the gun kept? Did he have to go into the bedroom to get the gun or did he have it with him when he first went to the bathroom? If he was in the bedroom when he first heard the noise wouldn't he have said something to Reeva or at least checked that she was in the bed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Interesting that Nel said to Pistorius, you did not want security at your house did you? I wonder why he said that?

Maybe because according to Baba Oscar said "everything is fine" ?????
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite. :)

His call to netcare was seconds after his call to Stander. The prosecution has him firing shots at 3:17. If thats the case he had no thinking time at all because he rang Stander at 3:19.

The state's case is 3.15a.m......at least that is what Nel said when he had the altercation with Roux during Dr. Stipp's cross-examination.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe because according to Baba Oscar said "everything is fine" ?????

Sorry I should have said that it was in reference to that. Still an odd thing to say. I think the prosecution will elaborate on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    The state's case is 3.15a.m......at least that is what Nel said when he had the altercation with Roux during Dr. Stipp's cross-examination.

The judge asked Nel for clarification. Nel said "We say 4 gunshots at 3:17" "4 gunshots at 3:17 killed Reeva Steenkamp".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha it is! I was going on the prosecution's version. They have him shooting at 3:17 yet phoning Stander at 3:19.

Oh yeah......................got it I think.

Prosecution maintain "shots" at 3.17 were shots because previously he'd broken the door with the bat. A bit tough to say when their expert maintained shots then bat.

Defence argue that "shots" at 3.17 were OP busting down the door with a bat having had the "Oh God" moment it might be Reeva inside. So then 2 mins from breaking the door down to phoning Stander seems doable.

I had to change that several times to get there. But have I?
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about all the 'Arguing' heard before the 'accident'?
  • Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ok, sorry if this has already been bashed out before (I'm a newcomer to the thread and couldn't read back all of it, there's too much!) but he says he thought it was an intruder and it took him a wee while to work out he'd actually shot Reeva - during that time he looked for her, put his legs on, bashed down the door, got his phone because he didn't know the passcode on hers, and whatever else he did.

The timing of the call to Stander tells us that he didn't look for Reeva at all, because he knew who he was shooting at in the first place, right?

I can't fit that timing with either scenario though. Definitely too short to think he'd shot an intruder, look for Reeva, etc. and even too short for shooting her in a fit of rage, then coming round out of the red mist (although I don't know how long that should take, admittedly!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah......................got it I think.

Prosecution maintain "shots" at 3.17 were shots because previously he'd broken the door with the bat. A bit tough to say when their expert maintained shots then bat.

Defence argue that "shots" at 3.17 were OP busting down the door with a bat having had the "Oh God" moment it might be Reeva inside. So then 2 mins from breaking the door down to phoning Stander seems doable.

I had to change that several times to get there. But have I?

You've got it, yes :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jpscloud wrote: »
    Ok, sorry if this has already been bashed out before (I'm a newcomer to the thread and couldn't read back all of it, there's too much!) but he says he thought it was an intruder and it took him a wee while to work out he'd actually shot Reeva - during that time he looked for her, put his legs on, bashed down the door, got his phone because he didn't know the passcode on hers, and whatever else he did.

The timing of the call to Stander tells us that he didn't look for Reeva at all, because he knew who he was shooting at in the first place, right?

I can't fit that timing with either scenario though. Definitely too short to think he'd shot an intruder, look for Reeva, etc. and even too short for shooting her in a fit of rage, then coming round out of the red mist (although I don't know how long that should take, admittedly!)

BIB. If he shot at 3:17 he didn't need to do all that - its all fabricated.
    He says he shot her approx 10 - 15 minutes earlier. Which does give him time (arguably almost too much time) to do all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You've got it, yes :)

Thanx:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

This is one of those issues that disappears if the bat came first and the shots came last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The most suspect thing in his whole story is that he didn't attempt to see where Reeva was before grabbing a gun and blasting it into the toilet door. Why would he assume that she was asleep?

I haven't heard all the evidence but where was the gun kept? Did he have to go into the bedroom to get the gun or did he have it with him when he first went to the bathroom? If he was in the bedroom when he first heard the noise wouldn't he have said something to Reeva or at least checked that she was in the bed?

He knew full well that she wasn't asleep on his own evidence! And yes, her silence is strange. It's neither impossible or completely implausible but it is strange.
This discussion has been closed.