Options

Real Radio's transition to Heart

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    If they wanted Heart in Lincolnshire, they could have changed Smooth to Heart

if you mean smooth east midlands then they would have a problem serving Lincs as they only cover a small part of lincs as not all of lincs are covered by east midlands TSA ,lets not under estimate what global will to expand there brands, I admit I was rather surprised that they didn't rebrand smooth to heart it would have been an a simple transition ,but then again smooth does do really well in the east midlands
  • Options
    jon craigjon craig Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both stations playlisting is a joke as most of the tunes played isn't played in clubs anymore, however way back in 2001 Century FM had a show called Hacienda Sessions. Three hours (actually 2 hours and 52 minutes) of decent dance tunes. I don't know if it was a spare set from the old Hacienda FM radio shows on Key 103 but overall it sounded far better than what is offered now.

The clue is in the title mate - Club Classics.

Classic (Adj) 'Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and an outstanding example of its kind'.

If you're expecting Club Classics to be churning out what is played in the Clubs today then you're absolutely missing the point of the show. That ain't what it's there to do - and Global have Capital and Capital Xtra to cater for that audience.
    Whatever you say about Real's dodgy playlist Club Classics has always been better than Hearts in my opinion. Real played Sash, Livin' Joy and Blackbox. Heart plays Barry White, Sister Sledge and Tina Marie.

Heart also plays (as it did last night) Stardust, Rosie Gaines, Basement Jaxx, Suoermen Lovers, Bob Sinclar, Strike, Olive, Fragma etc... If you're suggesting that Heart's Club Classics is just 70s disco fodder then you're wide of the mark.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Real in it's final weeks and days. Probably best to get RR Scotland's biggest national 'highlight' out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrqE3rME7QE :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As anyone heard any Heart is coming sweepers yet? or will that be next week??
  • Options
    PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe they'll try a different approach this time with "Real is going" sweepers.
  • Options
    p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member

Heard a few this morning.
  • Options
    MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Real in it's final weeks and days. Probably best to get RR Scotland's biggest national 'highlight' out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrqE3rME7QE :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvcQ1rgIEJo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVKiuBnGKMI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqg4fFS_uU8

A reminder as to why Real radio was REAL radio (entertainment). :P
  • Options
    ash_proctorash_proctor Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Another highlight from Real Radio NW - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--D0F7DdeQ
  • Options
    andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another highlight from Real Radio NW - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--D0F7DdeQ

Who was the other guy with Glen?

Speaking of Glen he's on BBC Lancs just now, 3pm to 6pm, a generic listener request show but sounding good though. Tempting to text in to request something, like say Deacon Blue's Real Gone Kid or Roachford's Cuddly Toy (The opening titles music for Alpha Papa, in case you've forgotten!) ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andrew1973 wrote: »
    Who was the other guy with Glen?

That'll be Scott Hughes.

Scott and Glen on Drivetime was, in my opinion, Real Radio at it's best!
  • Options
    PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If that's a highlight I should hate to hear the lowlights. Stop the world, I want to get off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'll be Scott Hughes.

Scott and Glen on Drivetime was, in my opinion, Real Radio at it's best!

What time period was that? I recall hearing Glen with a woman at drive (Lorna?) this was when I first started listening to Real Radio in 2010 I think...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wonder if this is how real radio will rebrand
    to heart on may 6th??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYgDLinJlIs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What time period was that? I recall hearing Glen with a woman at drive (Lorna?) this was when I first started listening to Real Radio in 2010 I think...

I started listening shortly before Century turned in to Real - so it'll be around when that happened.

That said, I did prefer Glen on Radio City when he did the crossed line phone calls.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was Lorna with him, then she moved to breakfast for the short-lived 2 Girls and a Guy whilst Glen stayed solo on Drivetime, then he joined her on breakfast when Sam Walker left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Passengers wrote: »
    Maybe they'll try a different approach this time with "Real is going" sweepers.

Ha Ha Ha Ha, I'd love to hear that.

Real is going, This Is Heart.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised Heart and Smooth are not on local muxes in Tayside, Aberdeenshire and Highlands. and Ayrshire---only on Glasgow+Edinburgh in Scotland.

There's certainly space on the Aberdeen and Highland muxes for it. There's even space for Global to stick on Capital or XFM if they wanted. I guess the cost is not worth the return or lack of.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart is coming sweepers coming up on Monday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wonder if they will change the web sites tomorrow to match the heart sites i.e real radio logo at the top but everything in red and white and everything laid out the same as heart instead being the same as real that's what they have always done in the past leading up to rebrands
  • Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eeeek excited!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Eeeek excited!

Just why? It's not as if heart is a new station which is going to provide something ground breaking!
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wonder if they will change the web sites tomorrow to match the heart sites i.e real radio logo at the top but everything in red and white and everything laid out the same as heart instead being the same as real that's what they have always done in the past leading up to rebrands

Bank holiday so Tuesday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    i wonder how long it will be before global and former GMG studios are merged together ie in the north east smooth/real currently at team valley and capital on the silverlink would they move capital or smooth/heart or open somewhere new i guess time will tell also ive noticed that giles tanner capital PD is taking charge of heart aswell and john kirby seems to have joined smooth ie comunicorp iam guessing though it will probably run as if its all owned by global also anna harding from capital is now reading the news on real
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is David H Leaving Real radio?
  • Options
    NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    ally_b11 wrote: »
    i wonder how long it will be before global and former GMG studios are merged together ie in the north east smooth/real currently at team valley and capital on the silverlink would they move capital or smooth/heart or open somewhere new i guess time will tell also ive noticed that giles tanner capital PD is taking charge of heart aswell and john kirby seems to have joined smooth ie comunicorp iam guessing though it will probably run as if its all owned by global also anna harding from capital is now reading the news on real

Team Valley, Gateshead.