Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't hear the reception for Moyes but I hope we showed the class to give him a good one. Whatever you lot think of him nothing takes away from 11 sturdy years at Goodison.
  • Options
    TTMaxTTMax Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    United will lose comfortably and Moyes will submit that letter he's kept in his pocket for months. Well one can dream.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't hear the reception for Moyes but I hope we showed the class to give him a good one. Whatever you lot think of him nothing takes away from 11 sturdy years at Goodison.

My partner said he was booed when getting of the team bus and I heard some booing when he came out the tunnel on to the pitch!
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Oh no Mark Clatenburgs in charge of another utd match. This doesnt look good.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My partner said he was booed when getting of the team bus and I heard some booing when he came out the tunnel on to the pitch!
    There was booing. There was some irony on 5 Live when they said the catalyst for that was the bid for Fellaini.

I'd have thought they'd have given him a standing ovation for that.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    There was booing. There was some irony on 5 Live when they said the catalyst for that was the bid for Fellaini.

I'd have thought they'd have given him a standing ovation for that.

Yeah, I bet Everton were overjoyed to lose one of their best players from the previous few seasons.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A defeat today wouldn't be the worst thing for United as it would increase the chances of you missing out on the Europa League, which would be to your advantage next season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Yeah, I bet Everton were overjoyed to lose one of their best players from the previous few seasons.

For 25 odd million in return and the four players that came in they were always going to well out of it and have improved immeasurably in midfield since then. The initial bid was clearly overvalued, even before the latter one.
  • Options
    irishmikeeirishmikee Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God we are shi*te. Players just not trying hard enough. We do need a change of management! It's not working out at all. I don't think we should give him a big transfer kitty, he's just the wrong man for the job.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the complete opposite with us.

We have the best away record in the Premier League.

Sorry but you lost that before your game today, to guess who :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishmikee wrote: »
    God we are shi*te. Players just not trying hard enough. We do need a change of management! It's not working out at all. I don't think we should give him a big transfer kitty, he's just the wrong man for the job.

Of those left out from the Munich game who are injured? Is there some planning for next season with no Vidic, Evra, Welbeck and Nani being given another chance?
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    For 25 odd million in return and the four players that came in they were always going to well out of it and have improved immeasurably in midfield since then. The initial bid was clearly overvalued, even before the latter one.

I'm not going to defend the Fellaini deal, as clearly it could have been handled a lot better, but Everton wouldn't have been happy to lose someone that had done well at the club.

Please let this be true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    But the complete opposite with us.

We have the best away record in the Premier League.

I meant he was notably bad away from home against top teams, and he has still a poor record with United in that regard.

Put him up against a top manager of a top team and Moyes is consistently found wanting.

He appears to have the basics of a good manager, but little to recommend him to any team wanting to really succed at the top level.

5 Live said it was : W1 D3 L7 against the rest of the top 7 before today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A defeat today wouldn't be the worst thing for United as it would increase the chances of you missing out on the Europa League, which would be to your advantage next season.

If man utd finish 7th, arsenal finish in the top 4 and hull win the fa cup you will go in to the Europa league :D
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pericom wrote: »
    Oh no Mark Clatenburgs in charge of another utd match. This doesnt look good.

Excellent reffing from him there to allow play to continue.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    signs of improvement my arsehole.

This will not change until we get rid of the root cause and thats the manager.
  • Options
    bobflemmingbobflemming Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Moyes leave Everton, Everton improve.
    Moyes joins United, United decline.
    Go figure:mad::mad::mad:>:(
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,974
    Forum Member
    Today's performance just about sums up United this season, no cutting edge, poor defending with Moyes looking on clueless. How much longer can Moyes carry on like this, surely it is time for a change, he so far out of his depth it is scary.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No irony, but I have just booked a hotel which is on Sackville Street!

Perhaps it was fate that my hotel was there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    If man utd finish 7th, arsenal finish in the top 4 and hull win the fa cup you will go in to the Europa league :D

Err no, Hull, Everton and Spurs would be in the Europa.

It needs Everton to finish 4th and Arsenal to win the FA Cup for 7th place to make the Europa.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not a United fan.:D
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

... but not in the seasons after.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why won't anyone have a shot, boring useless possession football ATM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Err no, Hull, Everton and Spurs would be in the Europa.

It needs Everton to finish 4th and Arsenal to win the FA Cup for 7th place to make the Europa.

Oh sorry I heard something about 7th place being in the Europa league must of misheard it!
This discussion has been closed.