Options

Is Grand Theft Auto VI (6) on the way already?

Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Better than the yearly updates like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty etc.

GTA is one of the few games I still get hyped for and that's because we have to wait a while for the next one.

I'm hoping for a new Red Dead game next. Rockstar level of detail, story and characters is also thanks to them taking their time and getting it right.

QFT

This is exactly why I still get hyped for Rockstar games, the long development times and the fact they don't pump out a new version ever year or two is what makes them so special. I am a sucker for the Assassins Creed franchise and have bought almost all the games they have released but the stopped been something special by the third game.

After reading Ash_735 post about the radio stations I wish GTA5 would add custom radio stations, I have been playing the game since launch and as much as I like the music included I normally just switch the radio off these days because I have heard it all way too many times now. This is probably my biggest disappointment with GTA4/5 that they didn't bother to included the custom radio stations some of the previous games offered.
  • Options
    geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Um, no babe. An artistic achievement is something like Gone with the Wind. Video games are cute but can hardly be considered amongst the greatest artistic achievements in human history! There's a reason why other entertainment industries look down upon it.

Now, Rockstar took five years to release a game that took a mere 2 years to complete when they already had a strong template for the world building process. That, to me, is ridiculous.

Thespians don't seem to be looking down on it so much (if they ever did) in recent years - there's an increasing amount of voice acting in games from some top actors. Not to mention that some games are being turned into movies. I don't think you appreciate the amount of work and talent that goes into games - the art work, the script, the music, the acting, the production. You highlight this further be suggesting that Rockstar should be popping out GTA like a vending machine. I think it's great to see a software house take their time and produce something special - I'll think you'll find (a bit of impatience aside) that most feel the same.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    QFT

This is exactly why I still get hyped for Rockstar games, the long development times and the fact they don't pump out a new version ever year or two is what makes them so special. I am a sucker for the Assassins Creed franchise and have bought almost all the games they have released but the stopped been something special by the third game.

With the yearly updates it just becomes boring quickly and i will start to lose interest as I have done with Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. It's not gone long enough for me to get excited for the new game.

The thing with Rockstar games like GTA is it gives you time to miss it and the anticipation for the new one builds up.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geemonkee wrote: »
    Thespians don't seem to be looking down on it so much (if they ever did) in recent years - there's an increasing amount of voice acting in games from some top actors.

They want money.
    Not to mention that some games are being turned into movies.

Yep, and game to film adaptations are always awful because you're essentially trying to force an inferior medium on to a superior, more sophisticated one and it exposes just how flimsy the video game genre is in comparison to film.
    I don't think you appreciate the amount of work and talent that goes into games - the art work, the script, the music, the acting, the production.

Music and acting are two superior entertainment mediums that are incorporated into video games, yes, but that doesn't prove that video games are on equal footing.

There's a reason why so many video games get 9s and 10s in reviews - it's easy to make a good game. It's hard to make a film or music that everyone likes. Video games are fun because they're mindless.
    You highlight this further be suggesting that Rockstar should be popping out GTA like a vending machine. I think it's great to see a software house take their time and produce something special - I'll think you'll find (a bit of impatience aside) that most feel the same.

Yes...except as, already established, GTA5 did not take five years to make, it took two.

The only video game that perhaps had any real depth was Assassin's Creed (hence why it's being made into a film) and even then it's being dumbed down to appeal to the mouth breathing drones who keep complaining that there's "too much story".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about it I would prefer a Red Dead Redemption sequel more than a GTA if I'm honest. A bit GTA'd out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes...except as, already established, GTA5 did not take five years to make, it took two.
    Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you know it only took 2 years to make?
  • Options
    geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They want money.

So your 'superior' movie folks sell out for a quick buck?
    Yep, and game to film adaptations are always awful because you're essentially trying to force an inferior medium on to a superior, more sophisticated one and it exposes just how flimsy the video game genre is in comparison to film.

That's more down to poor adaptions, nothing to do with the relative quality of the mediums. A good story is a good story, no matter the meduim.
    Music and acting are two superior entertainment mediums that are incorporated into video games, yes, but that doesn't prove that video games are on equal footing.

Never said it did prove 'equal footing'. Movies have about a 100 more years of a start, music...dawn of time?
    There's a reason why so many video games get 9s and 10s in reviews - it's easy to make a good game. It's hard to make a film or music that everyone likes. Video games are fun because they're mindless.

No they don't. That's an outright fallacy. Very few games compared to all that are released get 9 out of 10. Also, yeah some games are mindless but to suggest they all are is a huge generalisation. Do you actually play any games?

I'd even question your movie or music knowledge - it's not 'hard' to make a film or music everyone likes, it's impossible! Just like games.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They want money.

The only video game that perhaps had any real depth was Assassin's Creed (hence why it's being made into a film) and even then it's being dumbed down to appeal to the mouth breathing drones who keep complaining that there's "too much story".

Wow. So wrong on pretty much every level. My pretentious scale is off the chart.
  • Options
    Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, no babe. An artistic achievement is something like Gone with the Wind. Video games are cute but can hardly be considered amongst the greatest artistic achievements in human history! There's a reason why other entertainment industries look down upon it.

Art is subjective, so quite frankly, I couldn't care a less what others think of my opinion of what constitutes art.

However, the views of others do seem to matter to you, so I would point you in the direction of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b040r18n

This is some of the musings of the Director of London's Design Museum, Deyan Sudjic, who describes GTA's 3 and 4 as being representative of a new cultural form. He has also suggested its creator Dan Houser "might be the modern Charles Dickens".

Also, if you're going to persist in claiming that GTA 5 took 2 years to develop - which flies in the face of everything Rockstar has ever said - you should perhaps supply a source, eh sweetheart?
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member

You keep saying that yet ignore whenever I post, strange, this must be some sort of subtle troll on a pointless matter.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,062
    Forum Member
    I guess the inevitable discussion on what city GTA6 will go to will start warming up soon.

I guess Las Venturas (Las Vegas) or Miami are the most likely. It would be nice to go somewhere new though. I guess we all live in hope they might come to London again, but maybe that would be seen as too much of a risk in terms of US sales.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    You keep saying that yet ignore whenever I post, strange, this must be some sort of subtle troll on a pointless matter.

Definitely a troll, and a pretty clueless one at that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geemonkee wrote: »
    So your 'superior' movie folks sell out for a quick buck?

I didn't say actors were superior I said the art of acting, drama and narrative, cinema etc was. Don't get it twisted.
    No they don't. That's an outright fallacy. Very few games compared to all that are released get 9 out of 10. Also, yeah some games are mindless but to suggest they all are is a huge generalisation. Do you actually play any games?

Oh really? Like COD that poop out the same crap every year but you get reviewers licking Activision and Treyarch dick like no tomorrow? Re BIB yep, and that's how I know that games are an inferior art form. There's a reason why hardcore video gamers get a bad rep as mindless bug eyed drones that sit in their undies all day.
    I'd even question your movie or music knowledge - it's not 'hard' to make a film or music everyone likes, it's impossible! Just like games.

I'm a musician so yeah, I know a thing or two about real art, thanks.

I love gaming but it is what it is.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now, Rockstar took five years to release a game that took a mere 2 years to complete when they already had a strong template for the world building process. That, to me, is ridiculous.

Of course it's art. Apart from the package there is art in it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say actors were superior I said the art of acting, drama and narrative, cinema etc was. Don't get it twisted.

Oh really? Like COD that poop out the same crap every year but you get reviewers licking Activision and Treyarch dick like no tomorrow? Re BIB yep, and that's how I know that games are an inferior art form. There's a reason why hardcore video gamers get a bad rep as mindless bug eyed drones that sit in their undies all day.

I'm a musician so yeah, I know a thing or two about real art, thanks.

I love gaming but it is what it is.

I get your music is crap any way. So many wouldn't even call it art.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the PS2 games more so I'd like to see them put out GTA III- San Andreas in HD via the PS3 Store. A 1080p version of GTA V should logically be made available on PS4 but they may not choose to do this, but it's being done with The Last of Us and would be logical to be done with the Uncharted series too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Art is subjective, so quite frankly, I couldn't care a less what others think of my opinion of what constitutes art.

However, the views of others do seem to matter to you, so I would point you in the direction of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b040r18n

This is some of the musings of the Director of London's Design Museum, Deyan Sudjic, who describes GTA's 3 and 4 as being representative of a new cultural form. He has also suggested its creator Dan Houser "might be the modern Charles Dickens".

Also, if you're going to persist in claiming that GTA 5 took 2 years to develop - which flies in the face of everything Rockstar has ever said - you should perhaps supply a source, eh sweetheart?

Don't project on to me. You start off by saying that you don't care what anyone thinks and then post a link to other people's views as if it somehow matters to me.

Gaming is an inferior art form. That is why so many dumb teenagers and 40 year old men who haven't touched a woman in years are so drawn to it. That's why it can attract an audience that would opt to get somebody fired because they gave a game 9/10 instead of 10/10. (And the fact that people could be outraged by a 9/10 score shows just how low the standards are in gaming)
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    So no dumb teenagers and 40 year old men who haven't touched a woman in years listen to your shit music or watch movies either ?
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    I guess the inevitable discussion on what city GTA6 will go to will start warming up soon.

I guess Las Venturas (Las Vegas) or Miami are the most likely. It would be nice to go somewhere new though. I guess we all live in hope they might come to London again, but maybe that would be seen as too much of a risk in terms of US sales.

London will never happen unfortunately, it's just too 'safe' a city. We're actually sensible here with regards to gun laws ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't project on to me. You start off by saying that you don't care what anyone thinks and then post a link to other people's views as if it somehow matters to me.

Gaming is an inferior art form. That is why so many dumb teenagers and 40 year old men who haven't touched a woman in years are so drawn to it. That's why it can attract an audience that would opt to get somebody fired because they gave a game 9/10 instead of 10/10. (And the fact that people could be outraged by a 9/10 score shows just how low the standards are in gaming)

Yeah only rock stars get their end away? Grow up.

What the hell has that got to do with gaming being an art form?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean is not. Just like your shit music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Naa_KwaKai is a troll? Because he's talking a load of crap. Also probably don't know how much work has to go into a game.

Games are 100% an art form and even have the best music in the world and surpasses films.

As for the next GTV, I'd love them to go back to Vice City.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uh oh the mindless, heavy breathing 40-year-olds with Peter Pan syndrome are swarming in. "How dare you say something negative about something I like?! Waaaaaah!"

Are we a little upset because I only gave gaming a 9/10?

Thanks for proving my point guys - it was what I needed to confirm I am absolutely 100% right as you can always learn a lot about any form of art just by looking at its audience :D
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Naa_KwaKai, if you did a bit of research you would find out that GTA V was in full production for three years, with the first two years after GTA IV being spent on storyboarding, map design etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uh oh the mindless, heavy breathing 40-year-olds with Peter Pan syndrome are swarming in. "How dare you say something negative about something I like?! Waaaaaah!"

Are we a little upset because I only gave gaming a 9/10?

Thanks for proving my point guys - it was what I needed to confirm I am absolutely 100% right as you can always learn a lot about any form of art just by looking at its audience :D
    No you're just proving what little you actually know and making yourself look very foolish lol.

I really couldn't careless if you don't like something I like, it's just that you are making up ''facts'' and getting your information wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    @Naa_KwaKai, if you did a bit of research you would find out that GTA V was in full production for three years, with the first two years after GTA IV being spent on storyboarding, map design etc.

2 years to storyboard and build maps? Films get made and released in that time! lol