Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    NY was Ok this week.

I like Heather but she's so over-the-top and in everyone's business. What's with all this street acting? It's coming as funny rather than serious. It was quite clear from her & Carole's reactions that they thought they were going to team up with Ramonja and freeze Aviva out.

There was some funny and nice moments - like the RHOBH ladies coming over for the dinner.

Kristen & Josh's argument looked authentic, it was like she forgot the camera's were there when she said about her other boyfriend - the door mans face was funny too. I like Kirsten, she really grew on me this episode. However, I'm struggling to determine if she's the HW type. I compare them to the old cast and think how they would have got on with them on the show -as they were bigger characters- and other than Aviva the others would most likely come off as a Cindy Barshop - even though I like them.

I need Ramona to fall out with someone because that's when she shines, it looks like it's about to happen next week. I'm very intrigued to see how Ramona & Aviva end up falling out...again. - Ramona let it out on Bethenny.

I feel like this was the calm before the storm...

In other sad NY news, Sonja got kicked out of her home and has to rent it...for $25,000 a month.

Ramona vs Aviva is always funny cause Ramona just goes crazy when she falls out with someone :D

Shocked to hear about Sonja :o She is obviously having some serious money issues and she is doing alot to keep it hidden but at the same time its becoming obvious if that makes sense like when she said about the no hot water. Plus what she makes from the show is not really enough to keep up the NYC lifestyle and the circle she is in. I hope things work out for her but she just needs a project which will succeed and something she will be fully committed to and she could make something big and rake in the money. Is she popular with viewers? I should imagine she is so she should be taking full advantage of that maybe a spin off with her interns :p
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Ramona vs Aviva is always funny cause Ramona just goes crazy when she falls out with someone :D

Shocked to hear about Sonja :o She is obviously having some serious money issues and she is doing alot to keep it hidden but at the same time its becoming obvious if that makes sense like when she said about the no hot water. Plus what she makes from the show is not really enough to keep up the NYC lifestyle and the circle she is in. I hope things work out for her but she just needs a project which will succeed and something she will be fully committed to and she could make something big and rake in the money. Is she popular with viewers? I should imagine she is so she should be taking full advantage of that maybe a spin off with her interns :p

I know! I'm excited to see the Ramona vs Sonja stuff because they have piles of dirt on each other and neither are known for holding back.

I know. It's sad. You would have thought that her billionaire ex-husband/baby daddy would have helped her out a bit or one of her rich friends. It's sad because she genuinely seems like a nice person even if she can be pretentious and snooty at times. She's definitely popular, she's probably the most liked on the show followed by Ramona - who has a marmite effect. That spin off could probably work, if it was along the lines of Vanderpump Rules and focusing on the other cast and not just her. However, with the poor RHONY ratings she won't be getting a spin off. If RHONY gets cancelled after this season then I can see a Ramonja spin off in the works. I'm not sure what she can release that people would buy because on the show she just radiates tacky and cheap unlike when she first came on.

I've just watched the Melbourne housewives and I dislike them all.
    Gina - you can tell she's a pain to work with for being late and the whole lawsuit situation would annoy me too. She knew what she was insinuating by CC'ing them on the e-mail. She denies everything she says and tries to deflect as well which is annoying.
    Lydia - she's two faced and a pot stirrer. She reminds me of Kyle Richards in the way that she's the one that keeps things ticking for production & show wise.
    Andrea - she's mean and crazy. Originally, she jumped on Jackie's problem even though now Gina has given her a million problems.
    Jacki - Ugh. At the beginning it was becoming the Jacki show and she's far too over the top which has been irritating. She loves herself too. Although, the past few eps she's grown on me.
    Chyka - I like her and she seems genuinely lovely. She sits on the fence a lot though.
    Janet -She started off my favourite and I really do like her. Even when she got annoyed with Gina being late I still liked her because I got it. However, telling them what Gina had said was wrong and really downgraded her in my eyes.

With this show I do think a lot is producer driven. I think it was the producers that told them what got said in the bathroom and gave Janet the blame. I think they made her bring it up at the table too because she seemed really uncomfortable and stressed doing it. I think they've been giving Gina the wrong times, it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the room talking to her trying to hold her up. I don't know though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know! I'm excited to see the Ramona vs Sonja stuff because they have piles of dirt on each other and neither are known for holding back.

I know. It's sad. You would have thought that her billionaire ex-husband/baby daddy would have helped her out a bit or one of her rich friends. It's sad because she genuinely seems like a nice person even if she can be pretentious and snooty at times. She's definitely popular, she's probably the most liked on the show followed by Ramona - who has a marmite effect. That spin off could probably work, if it was along the lines of Vanderpump Rules and focusing on the other cast and not just her. However, with the poor RHONY ratings she won't be getting a spin off. If RHONY gets cancelled after this season then I can see a Ramonja spin off in the works. I'm not sure what she can release that people would buy because on the show she just radiates tacky and cheap unlike when she first came on.

I've just watched the Melbourne housewives and I dislike them all.
    Gina - you can tell she's a pain to work with for being late and the whole lawsuit situation would annoy me too. She knew what she was insinuating by CC'ing them on the e-mail. She denies everything she says and tries to deflect as well which is annoying.
    Lydia - she's two faced and a pot stirrer. She reminds me of Kyle Richards in the way that she's the one that keeps things ticking for production & show wise.
    Andrea - she's mean and crazy. Originally, she jumped on Jackie's problem even though now Gina has given her a million problems.
    Jacki - Ugh. At the beginning it was becoming the Jacki show and she's far too over the top which has been irritating. She loves herself too. Although, the past few eps she's grown on me.
    Chyka - I like her and she seems genuinely lovely. She sits on the fence a lot though.
    Janet -She started off my favourite and I really do like her. Even when she got annoyed with Gina being late I still liked her because I got it. However, telling them what Gina had said was wrong and really downgraded her in my eyes.

With this show I do think a lot is producer driven. I think it was the producers that told them what got said in the bathroom and gave Janet the blame. I think they made her bring it up at the table too because she seemed really uncomfortable and stressed doing it. I think they've been giving Gina the wrong times, it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the room talking to her trying to hold her up. I don't know though.

I wondered that to lol but maybe she spent all of it she does look like someone who lives beyond there means. Its shame cause she is a nice person but she also needs to hire a proper PR person who can help sort her life out and get her media jobs.

You think NY would get cancelled if this season didn't do well ? I cant see them dropping it like Miami they might still try and save it by bringing back Jill and Beth and see how next season goes and to not have a long gap between this one and the next. I think the reason why this season aint rating well is because it was of for to long and storylines are old...very old.

I saw a clip of Melbourne on youtube and I dont think i can invest my time into it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Amazing that the RHOC premiere had more viewers than NY and BH premiere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    You think NY would get cancelled if this season didn't do well ? I cant see them dropping it like Miami they might still try and save it by bringing back Jill and Beth and see how next season goes and to not have a long gap between this one and the next. I think the reason why this season aint rating well is because it was of for to long and storylines are old...very old.

I saw a clip of Melbourne on youtube and I dont think i can invest my time into it.

I think it will get cancelled only if they can't swallow their pride and ask Jill back. I'm sure with Jill they can easily boost the ratings to average at least 1.7 million. If both Jill and Bethenny are back then over 2 million on average will be guaranteed. Could you imagine Jill, Bethenny, Ramona, Sonja & Aviva as a cast? The drama would be hysterical.

Melbourne is ok, it's very condensed though. They've done in 8 episodes what RH do in 20. In conversations there's no build up, they just dive straight into the drama/bitching.
    soapiej wrote: »
    Amazing that the RHOC premiere had more viewers than NY and BH premiere.

I know! I think that makes OC the 3rd best ratings behind Atlanta & New Jersey.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porsha's been charged with battery over the reunion fight...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20807651,00.html
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got caught up on all the housewives shows this week and it may be the red wine talking but I really enjoyed all of them this week. The Atlanta finale was good if a little quiet, but I loved Kandi's play and even though i'm not a fan, Porsha was good. The lack of Nene made me realise that I definitely wouldn't miss her if she left. The cast is so strong that there really is no star of Atlanta, it's an ensemble and really there isn't much deadwood. The reunion looks like it's gonna be so good.
    The OC was also really enjoyable. The new woman (Lizzie?) is crackers, but I think I may like her. Vicki is hilarious, as is Heather to me. This was my least favourite of the franchise but I have really started to love it. I'm glad that it premiered to good ratings. i was initially worried when 3 of the cast members either left or were fired, but even with only 4 of them in the first episode, it was a better episode than most episodes of BH this season.
    NY and I have gone right off Heather, she is so different to last season that I want to know who the real Heather is. Aviva's facial expressions are priceless. At times when she was having the sit down with Heather I was LMAO at her. Now this woman is pure crazy, but she brings it and I enjoy watching her.
    I know Married To Medicine isn't a HW show, but it really is and is better than a lot of them. I didn't like Quad at all last season, but she is hilarious. Dr Jackie is my favourite of them all, but Dr Heavenly's daughter stole this weeks episode. How funny is she.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's how you do a housewives mugshot Porsha.

Full hair, wardrobe and make-up and smizing like she's Tyra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brumilad wrote: »
    That's how you do a housewives mugshot Porsha.

Full hair, wardrobe and make-up and smizing like she's Tyra.

She was really glammed up, wasn't she? :)
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she hand herself in and was therefore prepared for such a shot. Its not like pulling a celeb for a DUI where they're unprepared.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Is it just me that thinks Cynthia and Nene's fight is just a ploy to 1) get ratings and 2) Get Cynthia a secured spot next season?

I think Porsha won't return, which is both good and bad. She was a nice girl but I agree, keeping her on will mean the others will think they have to act out to get views. I was sure Cynthia wouldn't return but arguing with Nene might secure her a place. I don't see any of the other women leaving either. Probably just another one or two women added with a bunch of Friends of the Housewives.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it was already arranged when Porsha would hand herself in so she was totally prepared for it. But good for her! Id have done the same, if you have to have your mug-shot taken Id be making it sure it was more of a glam shot as well! :D
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    I know Married To Medicine isn't a HW show, but it really is and is better than a lot of them. I didn't like Quad at all last season, but she is hilarious. Dr Jackie is my favourite of them all, but Dr Heavenly's daughter stole this weeks episode. How funny is she.

This. I love Married to Medicine- I missed a lot of Season 1 but I'm really enjoying this season so far. I love the Doctors (Jackie and Simone) and I'm feeling Quad as well. Dr Heavenly's daughter is adorable and so funny. I think Heavenly is going to be a good addition.

This totally is the other Real Housewives of Atlanta though isn't it?! :D As if to prove it this week, up popped RHOA Dwight! He gets about, and I wonder if Phaedra knows he is cheating on her....:p I urge you guys to check this show out though, its brilliant.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This. I love Married to Medicine- I missed a lot of Season 1 but I'm really enjoying this season so far. I love the Doctors (Jackie and Simone) and I'm feeling Quad as well. Dr Heavenly's daughter is adorable and so funny. I think Heavenly is going to be a good addition.

This totally is the other Real Housewives of Atlanta though isn't it?! :D As if to prove it this week, up popped RHOA Dwight! He gets about, and I wonder if Phaedra knows he is cheating on her....:p I urge you guys to check this show out though, its brilliant.[/QUOTE]

It was weird seeing Dwight on M2M but he's a great addition and I think he may be somewhat of a regular. It's Simone who's my favourite, although I do like Jackie too.I was a little tipsy when I wrote my last post and after a Bravo marathon was confused with the names. :) Not sure what to make of Dr Heavenly yet, but I don't think she will disappoint. It's the perfect replacement for Atlanta and i'm pleased to see the ratings for it are really good.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    It was weird seeing Dwight on M2M but he's a great addition and I think he may be somewhat of a regular. It's Simone who's my favourite, although I do like Jackie too.I was a little tipsy when I wrote my last post and after a Bravo marathon was confused with the names. :) Not sure what to make of Dr Heavenly yet, but I don't think she will disappoint. It's the perfect replacement for Atlanta and i'm pleased to see the ratings for it are really good.

Id love to see more of Dwight on M2M, I always like when he pops up on the Housewives. It is deffo the perfect replacement for Atlanta, I always have major withdrawal when RHOA finishes up. I can get my fix of Atlanta with M2M :D
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she hand herself in and was therefore prepared for such a shot. Its not like pulling a celeb for a DUI where they're unprepared.
    Well yes!!!??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just have to ask this: Does anyone else think that Vicki and Tamra planned to gang up on Heather from the beginning? Don't get me wrong, I loved the episode, but maybe the two veterans just decided to gang up on the newbie (Heather still kind of is the newbie, she is doing her third season, Vicki her ninth and Tamra her seventh) so they'd have a storyline?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapiej wrote: »
    I just have to ask this: Does anyone else think that Vicki and Tamra planned to gang up on Heather from the beginning? Don't get me wrong, I loved the episode, but maybe the two veterans just decided to gang up on the newbie (Heather still kind of is the newbie, she is doing her third season, Vicki her ninth and Tamra her seventh) so they'd have a storyline?

I think it's that they spent so much time focusing and bonding over their dislike of the others that they didn't really get to know heather...and now they have they're realising that they aren't that crazy about her.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    It seems kind of strange that they're going to be fighting. I always though Tamra and Heather were unlikely friends but it was a genuine friendship. Maybe it's just to drum up drama for the show.

Unfortunately I've not been watching NYC or OC, but I heard Ramona and Sonja are feuding? Or going to be anyway..
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    https://twitter.com/mccordalex/status/457971372413972481/photo/1

Well this is bizarre. I thought they hated each other?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ‘If I’m such a nobody then why are you still talking about me? And if I’m such a nobody why did production call me two months ago and ask me to consider coming back to film with you guys, which I declined.

I can't really believe that, to be honest. They were almost finished with filming in mid-February, why would the producers ask her back? Maybe to make an entry in the finale party a la Jeana Keough in Season 6? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And by the way, I hope that in the next few weeks the first casting details for BH season 5 will leak to the tabloids. I can't wait to hear all the rumors.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    The Atlanta reunion episode was so entertaining. It's the faces they pull and the rolling eyes that get me! Phaedra easily walked all over Kenya and her megaphone. She just proves that you don't need volume to win an argument.

I was so surprised they actually included the entire Kenya/Porsha fight here. We've all become so used to Bravo airing the build-up to something and then ending the episode before it actually kicks off. The initial internet reports about this fight actually proved to be very true - it was, as Porsha herself said, ratchet!

It was also very interesting to see Nene, Kandi and Phaedra basically sided with and consoled Porsha - with Cynthia, seemingly, caught in the crossfire and left in no man's land.

It will be interesting to see where Bravo stands with the entire situation and casting Season 7 though. Whatever they decide will set a precedent for all Real Housewives shows because this may push the other cities into ''bringing it'' even more. I do believe Teresa's table flip way back in 2009 set a precedent itself for the entire franchise. Could this do the same?

All in all, Kenya provoked the whole thing - waving props in Porsha's face, the megaphone, the ''Get fired'' comments... It's also telling to me that a person who was just assaulted can go back in front of the camera and start the drama again on the reunion couch! It just proves Porsha's point - she really is the villain.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Is all I have to say about the Porsha/Kenya hair dragging incident... Seriously, what the hell was that?! :D:D:D

Other than that... Kandi was awesome with what she said to Nene regarding the play and regarding the fat-shaming.

Nene looks like she's bored and doesn't want to be there.

Cynthia looks like she's ready to fight for her job, the way she quickly put herself back down on the sofa after the altercation was great.

Based on their reaction to Porsha I'd say that the rumour Nene & Phaedra tried to get Porsha to do their dirty work is most likely true.

How can Kenya sit there and say she doesn't conduct her love life in public when shew as trying to get Walter to propose on-screen last season?! Unless she's admitting that Walter was just a rental boyfriend.

I don't believe that Porsha cheated on Kordell but I believe that since she prided herself on being a good, faithful wife Kenya knew exactly what to say to get a reaction out of her.

The other ladies really couldn't have made it more clear that they have no time for Kenya, the silence when Andy asked about her booty and about her boyfriend was very telling.

The hostility was definitely showing between Nene and Cynthia, especially when Andy asked about Cynthia's twerking... Can't wait for next week, that little battle of words is more intriguing to me than last night's attempted beat-down.

Oh, and Andy needs to stop running his mouth saying how shocked and grossed out he is about the Porsha/Kenya thing... Across all the franchises he has set a precedent where agression & violence doesn't just go unpunished it seems to be encouraged. He set the environment for the hair-dragging to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the reunion and I was shocked we got to see the whole fight to! Its so clear though that the other ladies have no time for Kenya if Kenya was not the way she was she would be fired but she brings the drama and knows how to stir the pot which is what shows like the RH need and Bravo won't be getting rid of her anytime soon plus next season Cynthia could team up with Kenya ;)

Kenya was pushing for Porsha to hit her and I thought that was to much BUT Porsha should of thought twice about even getting up yeah she was pushed to the edge but your on a reality show and you have to have 2 heads on and keep focused. Tbh I think Porsha would of been fired anyway even without this fight but i think this may have just secured her exit.

I was LOL when Phaedra call Kenyas man 'Casper the ghost' :D

NeNe just looked bored throughout as if she cant be asked with the show anymore thats what i get from her. She also proves once again she can dish but she can not take it So glad Kandi had words with her and Kandi just proves why she is my favourite she has her say and moves on and she sticks up for herself when needed to.

I am a bit disappointed that Marlo is not on the reunion and I bet Nene had something to do with that :/