Options

David Moyes to be sacked as Man Utd manager

Comments

• Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    The fact that fans of other clubs are calling for him to stay says it all.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea, he could probably spend 100million and take them to 14th

You can read back on reports prior to Moyes saying that investment was needed.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant see anything offical
  • Options
    FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    You can read back on reports prior to Moyes saying that investment was needed.

moyes isnt the right man to give investment to.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »

Quite. Put simply, you guys with £100m to spend over the summer and Moyes doing the spending do not worry me in the slightest. You guys with £50m to spend and a decent manager, do.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do u really think the United board were gonna give Moyes a potenial 120 million for new players, hes lost the dressing room so for me there is no way back. He had a spat with giggs which he denied but it happened. Mark ogden from the Daily telegraph has his nose to the ground there so when he says he has heard something then u know just like he broke it when SAF decided to retire. For me the replacement will be Jorgen klopp with Ryan giggs taking the realms till the end of the season. Moyes had to go he was out of his depth and quite frankly shouldnt have been appointed in the first place big step up from everton to United.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,433
    Forum Member
    Step up Harry Redknapp!
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its going to be great summer for the game - World Cup and endless speculation about Fergies real successor!
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Step up Harry Redknapp!

Mike Bassett first surely?
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To paraphrase Ivan Drago "If he goes, he goes". I think next season would have been much, much better but it is a big war chest to give to a man who hasn't proved himself. Reluctantly, I agree with my fellow reds that this would be the best time to get rid. I just hope they get the appointment right this time. And whoever comes in clears out the dead wood.

Giggs as caretaker should be fun, if it happens. Just pray they aren't thinking of making him permanent boss....

.... I guess it can only be Klopp. Van Gaal is busy until July and my personal choice, Ancelotti will probably get another season at Real.... what do you guys think?

Humm, Wenger hasn't signed a new deal at Arsenal yet has he?! :o;-)

Surely it won't be him?? Would it??

I don't think Klopp will leave Dortmund, as much as I would like him here, same goes for Simeone at Atletico Madrid, so perhaps we should go after someone like Garcia at Roma, or Tata since he might be leaving Barca, or if we want someone who has a deep respect in the football world, we could go for Bielsa, since talks with Marseille seem to have broken down.
    Perhaps we could bring Lippi over from China?

There are options out there, so it will be interesting just precisely which path we decide to go down.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Step up Harry Redknapp!

Dave Bassett's not taking a club down at the moment, is he?
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    @MirrorAnderson: "So David Moyes is going. It's the end of an error"
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    Quite. Put simply, you guys with £100m to spend over the summer and Moyes doing the spending do not worry me in the slightest. You guys with £50m to spend and a decent manager, do.

There is now or will shortly be a spare banner if you want it?! ;-)
  • Options
    TangoTango Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    Do u really think the United board were gonna give Moyes a potenial 120 million for new players, hes lost the dressing room so for me there is no way back. He had a spat with giggs which he denied but it happened. Mark ogden from the Daily telegraph has his nose to the ground there so when he says he has heard something then u know just like he broke it when SAF decided to retire. For me the replacement will be Jorgen klopp with Ryan giggs taking the realms till the end of the season. Moyes had to go he was out of his depth and quite frankly shouldnt have been appointed in the first place big step up from everton to United.

I totally agree, he is totally out of his depth at Manchester Utd, he took everton to a certain level and could not improve. He has now made taken man Utd to that level as Everton was.

Man Utd should have appointed Martinez and not Moyes
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    @TSBible: David Moyes would be the first manager that Manchester United have sacked since 1986... One final record.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it's just one of those things in football really. There are managers and players who just can't make the step up when it's offered to them.

Roy Hodgson at Liverpool springs to mind in the managerial sense.

Before this, Moyes was roundly praised by many in the game for what he'd achieved with Everton, but I guess nobody really knew that that was really the highest level he was really capable of.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »

Exactly. They've been dreading this moment all season.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,433
    Forum Member
    What's Ron Atkinson doing these days?
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurent Blanc is being bandied about as a potential successor in The Telegraph, as well as Klopp, Simeone and Giggs.

The thing is, it'll be a big rebuild for whoever gets it. Lots of positions to improve and lots of crap to offload with no CL as a bargaining tool.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    moyes isnt the right man to give investment to.

Well if all this is true then I suppose we can say that it will never be found out if investment would have made a difference.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    Ryan Gigs is favourite to take over long term
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Well if all this is true then I suppose we can say that it will never be found out if investment would have made a difference.

He spent £70M.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because someone has played for the club before doesn't automatically make them mangerial material. Tim Sherwood at Spurs is case in point there ..

Giggs would be a decent short term appointment, but would he really be the main to rebuild the side and lead them back to league titles and champions league trophies ?
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone I know on the internet says Giggs is the man (he has good sport media contacts apparently)
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    Ryan Gigs is favourite to take over long term

I would say his private life carries too much baggage. He's respected at Utd but the media would start to make mincemeat of him, if results don't go the right way.