Options

Should people on benefits be banned from having cats/dogs?

DelicateKittenDelicateKitten Posts: 673
Forum Member
✭✭
Why is the taxpayer paying for people to keep their pets? The money should be used for the adults and children not for pet food, pet bedding etc. if you can afford to keep a pet then you dont need the benefits.

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus wept
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid people are allowed to make threads. Some things aren't fair.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus wept

:D:D
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool story bro :cool: Your viewpoint isn't as delicate as your username that's for sure :D

( ;) )
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is the taxpayer paying for people to keep their pets? The money should be used for the adults and children not for pet food, pet bedding etc. if you can afford to keep a pet then you dont need the benefits.

So if someone loses their jobs or becomes ill/disabled then you take their much loved pets off them?

Daft idea if you ask me.

Also there would be a cost to re-home these animals, or are you expecting charities to foot the bill for your 'policy'?
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quelle surprise, yet another poor attempt of having a pop at those unfortunate enough to be in receipt of benefits. Do you not have anything better to do with your life?
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, but I'd ban them from smoking in their council houses - just like those living in privately rented accommodation are and I'd also question why so many in council houses seem to have about half a dozen cats and dogs each.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus wept

:D:D
    Joni M wrote: »

Yep :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus wept

and then some.
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Some none-thinkers refer to people in reciept of benefits as if they have always or will always be on them. As if they are different from the rest of us or a different type of citizen. When people say things like that it is immediately clear they have spent no time thinking about the subject and are just regurgitating information or ideas from elsewhere
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but I'd ban them from smoking in their council houses - just like those in privately rented accommodation.

Never heard of people not being able to smoke in rented (private or otherwise) accommodation tbh.

Why do you care if someone smokes in a council house btw :confused:
  • Options
    TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find something more worthwhile to have a chip on your shoulder about.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Is anyone else getting really fed up with all these lame-ass troll threads?
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how does the Government enforce this? The second you lose your job, your only companion for some people gets taken away just to appease the ideological blood-lust of right wing commentators - horrible, crass and cruel idea.

How long will it be before the idea is penned (whether here, Daily Mail/Mail on Sunday or likewise) of having bailiffs confiscate and sell-on all possessions of someone seeking welfare before they can claim a single penny?

Is anything out of bounds now at the borders of basic decency, morality and humanity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Quelle surprise, yet another poor attempt of having a pop at those unfortunate enough to be in receipt of benefits. Do you not have anything better to do with your life?

OP is bitter, didn't receive any Easter Eggs, bless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting really fed up with all these lame-ass troll threads?

I don't mind them if they're funny or interesting...this is neither :(
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do people get extra benefits for the pets?

You can't tell people what to spend their money on.

If someone qualifies to receive benefits, they can spend the money on what they like.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Never heard of people not being able to smoke in rented (private or otherwise) accommodation tbh.

Why do you care if someone smokes in a council house btw :confused:

I can't think of anyone that rents privately that can smoke in the house / flat they pay to live in, plus they are subject to regular inspections of the property.

Therefore, I think that they should have similar contracts for council house / housing associations tenants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »

:D:D:D Nice one Joni!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If someone qualifies to receive benefits, they can spend the money on what they like.

Yes, along with 10,000 inch tv's, 20,0000 holidays abroad and enough cars to fill our street (and that's each claimant mind you).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't think of anyone that rents privately that can smoke in the house / flat they pay to live in, plus they are subject to regular inspections of the property.

Therefore, I think that they should have similar contracts for council house / housing associations tenants.

Oh right. It's a new one on me. I know plenty of people that rent privately and smoke in their houses, but again why do you care? How does it affect you?
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bored today then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but I'd ban them from smoking in their council houses - just like those living in privately rented accommodation are and I'd also question why so many in council houses seem to have about half a dozen cats and dogs each.

Why?...
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

Exactly if people want to spend their benefits money on themselves and their kids they can

If they want to spend it on their pets they can.

If they want to give it away to the first homeless person they see they can.

If they want to walk to the top of a building make paper planes out of the notes and launch them off shouting "finders keepers" they can

Alternatively if they wish to horde it and never spend a penny of it they can do that to