Options

What will be David Moyes next job?

Comments

• Options
    1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If United get Van Gaal then I suspect Moyes will go to Spurs but I agree with Skybet about it being them or Newcastle.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather keep Tim Sherwood than appoint Moyes.

There's no chance he'll go right back in to management so soon IMO.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take a break and be a pundit for the World Cup. Championship Manager.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »
    I dont give two monkeys the damage he has caused United.

...the damage done to united was self inflicted..it's hardly fair blaming the goggle eyed one..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take time out to write his memoirs, would love to hear what he has to say right now, uninhibited. :D
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well a return to Everton would seem unlikely so I reckon maybe Norwich or West Brom if either stay up. Fulham could be another option.

A swap with Martinez might not be too ridiculous.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could see Paul Lambert getting the chop at Villa and Moyes going there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Anyone that thinks Spurs is a possibility hasn't the foggiest idea what they are talking about, all you have to do is stop and think for a few seconds.

Levy is known for making bad decisions with managers but even he isn't and wasn't stupid enough to hire Moyes.

Whatever you say about Spurs they are clearly an ambitious club, they also like their team to play some nice football so why on earth would they hire Moyes? they already hover around the CL places and need someone to push them on to consistant top 4 finishes, that certainly isn't Moyes, he would keep them in 6th/7th place, maybe a 5th if he was lucky.

Moyes level is the Villas and Sunderlands of this world and making them solid and hard to beat, he will never get a top job again, he'll be on the gravy train like Hughes, Bruce and Allardyce etc...

Although tbh it wouldn't suprise if he done an O'Leary and jacked it in altogether, he looks ruined, he certainly needs a long break.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he will turn up at Aston Villa. But I think he should look abroad. There are so may good opportunities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    A swap with Martinez might not be too ridiculous.

LOL at that. It would be ridiculous.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well a return to Everton would seem unlikely so I reckon maybe Norwich or West Brom if either stay up. Fulham could be another option.

Working side by side with you OP
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gollum stunt double.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1Mickey wrote: »
    If United get Van Gaal then I suspect Moyes will go to Spurs but I agree with Skybet about it being them or Newcastle.

They won't make the same mistake they did after Chelsea got rid of AVB. Moyes won't be at Spurs. I don't think any top 8 club will be interested.

He's got a better chance of taking a mid table club like Aston Villa back to a top six side.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I think he will turn up at Aston Villa. But I think he should look abroad. There are so may good opportunities.

Yes they have a smaller budget which Moyes worked well in. Would be a good job for him.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see him going to Villa or Newcastle. Both clubs would love the kind of stability and consistency that he brought to Everton.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I can see him going to Villa or Newcastle. Both clubs would love the kind of stability and consistency that he brought to Everton.

I don't think Newcastle will suit him. I'm not sure whether his style of management will fit in with the fans expectations though the dislike of Pardew will help him compared to following a manager who was rightly adored and had done great things for a club.

Villa seems more likely; they're in a similar position to Everton when Moyes took over. His first season at Goodison was a struggle, though, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to go through that again at the moment.

EDIT: I'm not sure if Tottenham would be a bigger nightmare for him or the club. Suffice to say it wouldn't work.

And, yes, Martinez has had an excellent first season with Everton but let him sustain it before claiming Moyes underachieved there. I have the feeling the former Wigan boss is going to find it much harder next year.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is now too old to be a Roman Centurian but he should have no problem is getting another good football job.

It was also impossible to take over from Matt Busby.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    He is now too old to be a Roman Centurian but he should have no problem is getting another good football job.

It was also impossible to take over from Matt Busby.

Both Busby and Ferguson were succeeded by people who had no inexperience in leading a team of Manchester United's stature. History is important because it contains mistakes. Whether people learn from them is the big issue.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Moyes will become Sky's new pundit when Gary Neville takes over at old Trafford.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think he'll end up at Celtic.
  • Options
    FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Wouldn't be a bad move. Least he could get used to winning something
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be Villa we love a dour Scotsman who works well on a budget.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

As Lennons assistant.Now Mjallbys leaving.Top up his MU pay off,and rebuild his reputation.Not a bad gig.:)
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    I think Celtic would be a really good fit for him just now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Neil Lennon isn't leaving Celtic anytime soon. He has the easiest job in world football, why would he leave?