Options

Warehouse 13 - Fifth and Final Season - US Pace

LMLM Posts: 63,528
Forum Member
✭✭
Syfy have announced their spring line up, and among the schedule is the final season of Warehouse 13. Season 5 will consist of 6 episodes and begins airing April 14th

From the press release

Everything has been building to the fifth and final season. Claudia’s (Allison Scagliotti) epic battle with Paracelsus (Anthony Head) will unleash an unexpected horror -- and the Warehouse may never be the same. In the new season, the entire Warehouse team confronts old questions – and new revelations. From a painful realization that Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) must face, and Artie (Saul Rubinek) accompanying Claudia on a soul-searching journey about her sister, to Steve (Aaron Ashmore) colliding with his past, the final six episodes of Warehouse 13 takes viewers on an emotionally-charged roller coaster ride. Warehouse 13 is produced for Syfy by Universal Cable Productions. Jack Kenny (The Book of Daniel) is executive producer and showrunner.

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it ends well.

Only 6 eps, bloody Syfy :(
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it. If it is only 6 episodes let's hope they are 6 sizzling hot ones. It has been a good show for the most part. Nothing against Aaron Ashmore but I think Steve was one main character too many. Not sure if they originally intended Allison as Claudia to become one of the stars, but she does come across very well and deserves it. The downside has been that the most recent episodes tended to be 2 (or sometimes even 3) separate stories in each one, which seemed a little disjointed and meant less development of the Pete / Myka dynamic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the character of Steve. I have always found Pete and Myka the weakest characters. Like a poor man's Mulder and Scully. Artie and Claudia steal the show.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd honestly forgotten all about this show !

Might have to go US pace since it's the final run - depends when UK Syfy will get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As grateful as I am we have got six episodes, imo Warehouse 13 was more worthy of a 26 episode season than Haven. But oh well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Syfy already gave W13 a "long" season... the last two "seasons" were actually one long season cut in half over two years (10+10), giving us fewer episodes per year than for previous seasons.

Standard practice for Syfy, and why I and others think a 26 episode "season" for Haven (actually 13 episodes per year as normal) is a bad thing, as it it likely to mean the end of Haven, like W13 and Eureka.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Syfy already gave W13 a "long" season... the last two "seasons" were actually one long season cut in half over two years (10+10), giving us fewer episodes per year than for previous seasons.

Standard practice for Syfy, and why I and others think a 26 episode "season" for Haven (actually 13 episodes per year as normal) is a bad thing, as it it likely to mean the end of Haven, like W13 and Eureka.

Oh yeah true. I forgot. Syfy don't seem to like their shows to run past five seasons normally. Stargate SG1 aired it's last five seasons on there, Stargate Atlantis ran for 5 and Farscape ran for 4.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Syfy have announced their spring line up, and among the schedule is the final season of Warehouse 13. Season 5 will consist of 6 episodes and begins airing April 14th

From the press release

Everything has been building to the fifth and final season. Claudia’s (Allison Scagliotti) epic battle with Paracelsus (Anthony Head) will unleash an unexpected horror -- and the Warehouse may never be the same. In the new season, the entire Warehouse team confronts old questions – and new revelations. From a painful realization that Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) must face, and Artie (Saul Rubinek) accompanying Claudia on a soul-searching journey about her sister, to Steve (Aaron Ashmore) colliding with his past, the final six episodes of Warehouse 13 takes viewers on an emotionally-charged roller coaster ride. Warehouse 13 is produced for Syfy by Universal Cable Productions. Jack Kenny (The Book of Daniel) is executive producer and showrunner.

That's an awful log to get into SIX episodes.

And the question is 'is Warehouse 14 going to in China, Russia or even Brazil or India?'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikita did it's final season into six episodes brilliantly. I am sure W13 will too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/31/final-season-of-warehouse-13-to-premiere-monday-april-14-on-syfy/249427/
    New press release for W13

My god, i will be sad when this ends. I think it's one of the few decent shows of the sci-fi genre at the moment.

I will be buying the complete series once it's released.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It begins tonight
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A idea on UK air date? If its soon I will wait, if not I will...erm..absolutely not acquire it in other ways, honest.

edit : To answer my own question: 22 April 2014 at 9:00pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lack of love and interest of W13 on DS i have noticed
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if it's only another fortnight to wait for UK pace then I'll probably wait.

Sod's law they'll put it on Thursdays to clash with the other million things I record as well!
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't like the 1st season but stuck with it and loved the 2nd and 3rd. I lost interest in the show during season 4 (I think I saw just 3 episodes and kind of just drifted away). The show was basically the same week after week and that got tiring.

But since this is the final season, I may go back and catch up. 5 seasons (64 episodes) is a good run even though the 5th is shortened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't have let three episodes of season 4 stop me watching, especially if you enjoyed what occurred before,. Every show has it's weak episodes and seasons. Sounds to me you gave too easily just on three episodes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An enjoyable opener for the last ever season.

I'm glad they didn't drag out the alternate timeline for more than one episode.
  • Options
    LeMarchandLeMarchand Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's fun, but it's fluff. The wife and I probably wouldn't be up to date on the show if it wasn't one of the few we watch that daughter #2 (currently mainly at home) isn't a fan of; so we can watch if she's out.

Still, the new season has answered the age old question of "who ate all the pies?" Bad, Pete, bad.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they deliberately screwing up the last episodes to make it easier to say goodbye?
    It has become Scooby Doo. Almost farcical.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LeMarchand wrote: »
    It's fun, but it's fluff. The wife and I probably wouldn't be up to date on the show if it wasn't one of the few we watch that daughter #2 (currently mainly at home) isn't a fan of; so we can watch if she's out.
    :o too many negatives in that sentence has frazzled my brain. :o ................. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    Are they deliberately screwing up the last episodes to make it easier to say goodbye?
    It has become Scooby Doo. Almost farcical.

You have to give them a lot of credit though. They had 10 episodes planned and syfy gave them 6 so the had to squeeze it all together. The exec producer has implied the way the show ended is great but it's now how he would of intended to end it, if he had those 4 extra episodes. Syfy know how to treat their shows like crap when letting them know very later on it will be the final season or even when they have finished production. The Stargate franchise, farscape, eureka and Sanctuary have all been victims of this. It's the treatment of their shows is why they are no longer a dominating force for science fiction television like they used to be. People are going to other cable networks and reverting back to the standard television networks for their slice of sci-fi shows now.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So instead of Paracelsus we'll have the alternate Benedict Valda as the last Big Bad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I *really* hope that they don't have Myka and Pete become an item by the end... and not just because I'm still shipping Myka and HG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I *really* hope that they don't have Myka and Pete become an item by the end... and not just because I'm still shipping Myka and HG.

I think they are. But i have never seen the chemistry between them as lovers, just friends. The will they or won't they isn't as strong or obvious as it was will Mulder and Scully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'd better not :(

It's *always* seemed like a very close brother/sister thing to me, never remotely romantic.

No "will they, won't they" like Mulder and Scully, as you said, and never any kind of romantic chemistry like Castle and Beckett or other leads that did become couples.