Options

Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    When KP/PA/CP were all working together, kp and pa had a lot of mag deals. CP/KP had all sorts of tat out, even a bedding range at one point (I might be mistaken but I do recall seeing kp and cp looking at samples). From the little I saw in their shows it was mostly KP and CP dong promotional stuff etc.

I don't recall PA doing much besides playing in his home music studio and putting on weight..."living high on the hog" (its not an expression I had heard of until a forum member used it on a forum here and its stuck with me for a while:blush::)) Did he do concerts and calendar signings back then?

So Cyril I too think (just my opinion, not stated as fact) that his getaway was planned (not that I blame him for getting out of the marriage)

Disclaimer: All my own opinions, not stated on fact
    Following on from raising money. Has Peter announced how well is "champions" did and how much they raised for him?

I've not noticed anything posted but well done to all the people who took time out to raise money for his charity. A total would be nice, at least to know if the funding is going ahead for the busses as previously announced.

£83000.00

http://www.peterandrefoundation.com/petes-champions/

Very well done his Champions.

ETA: Cazzz I only quoted your 2nd post, I don't know how the 1st post appeared.:confused:
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £83000.00

ETA: Cazzz I only quoted your 2nd post, I don't know how the 1st post appeared.:confused:

Thanks for the info £83k raised by people is wonderful. Well done everyone for putting in their free time etc to help. Does anyone know how much Peter raised? or if he is paying the additional money to fund the busses?

Edit: Just read this:
    I can’t wait to do it all again later this year, keep your eyes peeled for the next challenge.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    cynet wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Pete gnat pee smelling fragrance is doing these days?

Have had trouble with mozzies in the back garden and looking for something potent that would make them drop dead at an instant and remember someone saying Pete fragrance was nasty to all insects!

I'd give it a bash, nowt to lose.
    OK, so I think we're all vaguely in lovely peaceful agreement ( with the possible exception of Hmmbop ) that the Tangerine Terror is a repulsive little turd face.
    In which case, could anyone give me a clue as to who this "Handsome Peter" bloke I keep reading about is?
    I've narrowed down the possible suspects to Capaldi, Kay and rather improbably, Crouch.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Sorry Az, I've racked my brain & can't think of anyone who fits that description.
    Blondie X wrote: »
    What a complete and utter load of guff - and note the disclaimer at the end! The tight arses can't even pay your train fare and put you up at the local Premier Inn :o

This was commented on a while ago & all I remember is thinking how desperate he was to sell his album:blush:
    However, I may be wrong & perhaps someone could explain this Pledge Music in layman's terms but is he actually asking his fans to fund the recording of his album & offering sh!t prizes in return?
    Following on from raising money. Has Peter announced how well is "champions" did and how much they raised for him?

I've not noticed anything posted but well done to all the people who took time out to raise money for his charity. A total would be nice, at least to know if the funding is going ahead for the busses as previously announced.

Cazzz, he mentioned a charity ball back in 2012 & all proceeds were to go to CR but I'm not even sure if he's got off his lazy backside to organise it, happy to be corrected.
    £83000.00

While 83k is a fair amount of money, all the credit really lies with his fans, I'd like to know what PA has done personally because I'm quite sure if he put as much effort into raising funds as he does his own profile, he could easily have trebled that amount.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £83000.00

That's a fantastic result. Well done to them. :cool:

So when is Andre himself actually doing something to raise money?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd give it a bash, nowt to lose.

Sorry Az, I've racked my brain & can't think of anyone who fits that description.

This was commented on a while ago & all I remember is thinking how desperate he was to sell his album:blush:
    However, I may be wrong & perhaps someone could explain this Pledge Music in layman's terms but is he actually asking his fans to fund the recording of his album & offering sh!t prizes in return?

Cazzz, he mentioned a charity ball back in 2012 & all proceeds were to go to CR but I'm not even sure if he's got off his lazy backside to organise it, happy to be corrected.

While 83k is a fair amount of money, all the credit really lies with his fans, I'd like to know what PA has done personally because I'm quite sure if he put as much effort into raising funds as he does his own profile, he could easily have trebled that amount.

We need an admin assistant, someone who has a link to hand at a moments notice to keep the thread updated on a daily basis. If anyone has the time please apply:)

I might be wrong but I think it was cancelled, then something about it being held later in the year but I don't think anything happened. Its probably on hold (forever), after all he did say he was dedicating 6 months to touring with the film so that would have kept him busy...not sure why that didn't happen either.

All I know is that the Champions did a great job for Peter. Oh I almost forgot, 50p from every unit of coffee sold was going to his charity...again not sure how many have been sold.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

http://www.rowing4reefs.co.uk/Charities.php#PeterAndreFoundation

It says on this rowing4reefs charities website that The Peter Andre Foundation is funding the London and North West buses.

I already mentioned that on here last year as there was a video clip on his channel of a nurse who works on one of the buses who spoke about the fact that Pete's foundation is funding those two buses.

Obviously it was totally ignored as everyone on here has gone on and on about him not keeping to his pledge to fund the buses and about him not "putting his hands in his own pockets".

Well, his foundation is funding the buses as he promised it would do...and as the foundation itself has not raised anywhere near the amount needed to fund them he obviously must have put his hands in his own pockets to keep them on the road.

What a good guy.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »

It says on this rowing4reefs charities website that The Peter Andre Foundation is funding the London and North West buses.

I already mentioned that on here last year as there was a video clip on his channel of a nurse who works on one of the buses who spoke about the fact that Pete's foundation is funding those two buses.

Obviously it was totally ignored as everyone on here has gone on and on about him not keeping to his pledge to fund the buses and about him not "putting his hands in his own pockets".

Well, his foundation is funding the buses as he promised it would do...and as the foundation itself has not raised anywhere near the amount needed to fund them he obviously must have put his hands in his own pockets to keep them on the road.

Thanks for the reminder, I am sorry I forgot something posted last year by yourself, maybe I wasn't on the boards that day...or just forgot:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I know you believe this & I really don't mean to be disrespectful but I just can't see it myself.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you believe this & I really don't mean to be disrespectful but I just can't see it myself.

Precisely BEL.
    I mean, where's the proof - or it never happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I know you don't want to believe it BEL but are you saying this charity website is lying?:confused:

Well, the official Cancer research uk website must be lying as well then because it also says so on there.

Although, it doesn't mention the North West bus it clearly says that The Peter Andre Foundation is funding the London bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Precisely BEL.
    I mean, where's the proof - or it never happened.

If you think this rowing4reefs website and also the Cancer research uk official website are printing inaccurate information maybe you should write to them and ask for proof.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know you don't want to believe it BEL but are you saying this charity website is lying?:confused:

Well, the official Cancer research uk website must be lying as well then because it also says so on there.

Although, it doesn't mention the North West bus it clearly says that The Peter Andre Foundation is funding the London bus.

Of course I'm not saying the website is lying, my post never even hinted at that:confused: & it's definitely not a case of me not wanting to believe it as I can't think of better cause than raising funds for CR & I'd like to see as much money raised as possible.
    What I don't believe is PA put his hand in his own pocket to fund the buses, quite clearly his foundation has raised money, I'm not disputing that but IMO, not PA himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think this rowing4reefs website and also the Cancer research uk official website are printing inaccurate information maybe you should write to them and ask for proof.:)

Not at all.
    What I was asking for was proof that Peter Andre was putting his hand in his own pocket to fund the buses.
    Could you give us a link to that please?
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all.
    What I was asking for was proof that Peter Andre was putting his hand in his own pocket to fund the buses.

Uh-huh. I'd be interested in reading that link too.

It would seem all this talk from certain quarters about getting the 'facts'' just right is starting to rub off on me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course I'm not saying the website is lying, my post never even hinted at that:confused: & it's definitely not a case of me not wanting to believe it as I can't think of better cause than raising funds for CR & I'd like to see as much money raised as possible.
    What I don't believe is PA put his hand in his own pocket to fund the buses, quite clearly his foundation has raised money, I'm not disputing that but IMO, not PA himself.

But, his foundation hasn't raised that much money, you've all been pointing it out on here for months.

So, if his foundation is funding the buses but the foundation itself hasn't raised the required amount....where did the money come from? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not at all.

I gave you a link that shows his foundation is funding the buses.

As for proof to him putting his hands in his pockets, of course I have no proof. To me it was the logical explanation as the fundraising had not raised enough to fund the buses.

Where did the money come from? Who do you think paid the cash to fund them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But, his foundation hasn't raised that much money, you've all been pointing it out on here for months.

So, if his foundation is funding the buses but the foundation itself hasn't raised the required amount....where did the money come from? :confused:

I don't know. Could be any of the following:

1. PA has paid out of his own pocket and asked for no publicity, no pap shot with a large cheque. (well don't Pete if that's the case)
    2. The charity is still waiting for the funds to roll in as and when PA's charity is able to release the money raised.
    3. Only the money raised by the Champions has been handed over to date.
    4. Peter is paying on the drip each week.

I've probably missed out something else,:blush: anyone can feel free to reply

Nicola I really don't know the answer, hence my original question. I am not doubting the charity info about PA funding the busses, just have they already been fully funded or is it all still ongoing...that's all.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'Is funding' imo indicates an ongoing activity. Not a done-and-dusted one. His own foundation website says:

'My Foundation will raise vital funds for Cancer Research UK and its ‘Cancer Awareness Roadshow’....'

'Will raise'. An ongoing activity. What I think he's done is pledged to raise the money to cover the costs but that's not been achieved yet. It's ongoing. I'm sure if he had donated direct to CRUK, he would say that. And CRUK would also say that. That neither do suggests it's an ongoing pledge.

I can only go by what he himself says and posts on his foundation website. That's, surely, the most reliable source of info?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well he's been begging his fans to do his work for months now so perhaps that's helped?
    Maybe other sources have also contributed, I really don't know, all I'm saying is I don't believe PA has used his money. You obviously do so probably best to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he's been begging his fans to do his work for months now so perhaps that's helped?
    Maybe other sources have also contributed, I really don't know, all I'm saying is I don't believe PA has used his money. You obviously do so probably best to agree to disagree.

I don't believe for a millisecond greedy boy has contributed a single, solitary penny from his own personal bank account!! Nope, nadda, never. Any links to prove the contrary and I will stand humbly corrected!

Now now BEL. I think you're being too harsh. Tangoman has contributed a lot. Don't forget he's offered to serenade a lucky, lucky person and they get to have dinner with the the very man himself, too. Forget fundraising the old fashioned way, like say walking the length of Ireland a la Ronan Keating, eh?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave you a link that shows his foundation is funding the buses.

As for proof to him putting his hands in his pockets, of course I have no proof. To me it was the logical explanation as the fundraising had not raised enough to fund the buses.

Where did the money come from? Who do you think paid the cash to fund them?

I have no bloody idea.
    Hence my question.
    Honestly, I think the least logical explanation is the one that involves Peter Andre funding it from his own pocket.
    Because if that was the case, there is no flipping way that the news of his generosity wouldn't have somehow "leaked out", more than likely thanks to his good, good mate Dan Wooden.
    And even if PA had suddenly come over all humble, you can bet your bottom dollar that CR would be (rightly) thanking him publicly for such a gesture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    'Is funding' imo indicates an ongoing activity. Not a done-and-dusted one. His own foundation website says:

'My Foundation will raise vital funds for Cancer Research UK and its ‘Cancer Awareness Roadshow’....'

'Will raise'. An ongoing activity. What I think he's done is pledged to raise the money to cover the costs but that's not been achieved yet. It's ongoing. I'm sure if he had donated direct to CRUK, he would say that. And CRUK would also say that. That neither do suggests it's an ongoing pledge.

I can only go by what he himself says and posts on his foundation website. That's, surely, the most reliable source of info?

:D:D:D

How long ago did he set up his foundation? When he first set it up he put "Will raise" of course he did, that's what it was set up to do, to raise funds. You yourself have berated him on many an occasion for not updating the details on the foundation.

The Cancer Research UK website says his foundation is funding the bus..not "will be". Personally, I think a well established and well respected organization like CR is the most reliable source of info.:)
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. Could be any of the following:

1. PA has paid out of his own pocket and asked for no publicity, no pap shot with a large cheque. (well don't Pete if that's the case)
    2. The charity is still waiting for the funds to roll in as and when PA's charity is able to release the money raised.
    3. Only the money raised by the Champions has been handed over to date.
    4. Peter is paying on the drip each week.

I've probably missed out something else,:blush: anyone can feel free to reply

Nicola I really don't know the answer, hence my original question. I am not doubting the charity info about PA funding the busses, just have they already been fully funded or is it all still ongoing...that's all.

5. CR UK is making up the shortfall out of their other funds.

According PA's Foundation website the Foundation will fund the London and North West buses, but according to CR's website it is funding the London bus. Presumably, insufficient funds to fund the North West one as yet. £83,000 will go surprisingly quickly for funding those buses - paying staff, fuel, maintenance, equipment, printing leaflets etc.
    The really sad thing about the PA Foundation page on the CR website, is the first thing it says in bold is that the charity was set up in memory of Peter's brother Andrew. It's just down the page from the Marie Keating Foundation. I'll never stop being astonished that he named a charity in memory of his brother after himself.
    The Jenson Button Trust is on there, but that wasn't set up in anyone's memory and it works with a number of causes.

Well done to those who actually raised money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How long ago did he set up his foundation? When he first set it up he put "Will raise" of course he did, that's what it was set up to do, to raise funds. You yourself have berated him on many an occasion for not updating the details on the foundation.

The Cancer Research UK website says his foundation is funding the bus..not "will be". Personally, I think a well established and well respected organization like CR is the most reliable source of info.:)

They absolutely are.
    So why haven't they mentioned that Tangoman is funding the buses from his own pocket?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They absolutely are.
    So why haven't they mentioned that Tangoman is funding the buses from his own pocket?

Maybe because he's not?!:D
This discussion has been closed.