✭✭✭
    I'm offended this woman got a pay out.
    Where's mine?! :D
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    It is the same in this situation. A swimming pool isn't a suitable place to feed a baby (or an older person) In any case, breastfeeding isn't usually the only way of comforting a baby, is it?

I can comfort my grandchildren very well without using my breasts,, My daughter however has a very hard time as they just want her boobs and will pull her top down no matter where she is.
    I see no reason why she could not have sat on the benches at the side either before or after. She was in the wrong to start with, the manager was in the wrong to finish with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babies frequently throw up either when being fed, or when winded afterwards.
    That is the reason this woman shouldn't have done it on the steps of the pool.
    Most mothers have a square of muslin or such like to catch the sick.
    As this took place without any planing, practically in the pool, I assume she didn't have one to catch any vomit.
    I have no objection to breastfeeding what so ever, practically anywhere in public, but this was attention seeking at best.

It wasn't a tiny baby but a 8 mth old.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really hoping that the last sentence of the article would be about how she gave the money to a charity. But no.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I was really hoping that the last sentence of the article would be about how she gave the money to a charity. But no.

Yes it would have been nice seeing as how she is all enveloping breastfeeding. Maybe some money to provide extra help for women who struggle to do it would have been nice.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Yes it would have been nice seeing as how she is all enveloping breastfeeding. Maybe some money to provide extra help for women who struggle to do it would have been nice.
    My thoughts exactly :)
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Feeding a baby isn't offensive, inappropriate or unhygienic.

And I don't think that anyone here is saying it is - only that the place where she chose to do it, was inappropriate.
  • Options
    LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't try to misinterpret what I said - I said it was in an inappropriate place and made no mention of it being an offensive act.

I bet they didn't tell her they were offended. Look at her, hard as nails and brassy.

Apparently it's legitimate to breastfeed and most women don't know their rights, according to her opportunistic man hating lawyer. Which is more than can be said for the child , which is the reason we have the hatchet faced grandmother joining the photo and not the partner/father of child.

It's a stupid idea to feed your baby there, unless you wish to make a claim for compo and get in the news.

Anyone defending her is amoral in my view.

That's not to say defending breastfeeding is amoral, far from it. But just because we want babies breastfed does not mean we want that done on the log flume at Alton Towers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just stating what was in the link..I have already said I think it was a daft place to feed.
    if they were not offended and it was a safety issue, then they would have been fine with her going to the benches to carry on feeding.

Bottle isnt the same as breastfeeding, breastfeeding is also for comfort in times of worry or upset.

My friends father has very advanced Alzheimer's and requires feeding. Perhaps she should pop along to the local pool and spoon his puréed food into him there.

Oh no, because it's a stupid idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »
    My friends father has very advanced Alzheimer's and requires feeding. Perhaps she should pop along to the local pool and spoon his puréed food into him there.

Oh no, because it's a stupid idea.

I have not said she was right.
    But if I has a mentality disabled person with me and they wanted feeding, then I would do so.
  • Options
    TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babies frequently throw up either when being fed, or when winded afterwards.
    That is the reason this woman shouldn't have done it on the steps of the pool.
    Most mothers have a square of muslin or such like to catch the sick.
    As this took place without any planing, practically in the pool, I assume she didn't have one to catch any vomit.
    I have no objection to breastfeeding what so ever, practically anywhere in public, but this was attention seeking at best.

You do know its much more likely for a formula fed baby to chuck up small amounts of sick at any time whereas its much rarer for breast fed babies to be sick at all, dont you? If you are that neurotic about hygiene then its best not to enter the pool at all as there will be all sorts of debris floating about. Its why they add chlorine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet they didn't tell her they were offended. Look at her, hard as nails and brassy.

Apparently it's legitimate to breastfeed and most women don't know their rights, according to her opportunistic man hating lawyer. Which is more than can be said for the child , which is the reason we have the hatchet faced grandmother joining the photo and not the partner/father of child.

It's a stupid idea to feed your baby there, unless you wish to make a claim for compo and get in the news.

Anyone defending her is amoral in my view.

That's not to say defending breastfeeding is amoral, far from it. But just because we want babies breastfed does not mean we want that done on the log flume at Alton Towers.

I think you must win the award for packing the most judgements, assumptions and exaggerations into a single post so far.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to ask- why are 3rd-wave feminists so insecure that they can't take any criticism at all, and are whining to Daddy Government to ban it?
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Taglet wrote: »
    I think you must win the award for packing the most judgements, assumptions and exaggerations into a single post so far.
    *high five*

:D
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Woman......

I'm in a particularly unrepentant mode tonight.
    Good!

I can avoid saying it now.

Back to the point...

How can anyone find a mother breastfeeding a baby offensive?

Ridiculous.

Why should babies been shoved into toilets and changing rooms to be fed?

People really do need to get a grip,it's about time everyone was adult enough to let mothers get on with it.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never see bitty at my leisure centre, regarding my subscription do I have legal recourse?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on her.

The sooner some people stop thinking women feeing their babies naturally is a mortal sin in public, the better. If you don't like the sight of a mother naturally feeding her baby, well....look away. Some people are so utterly selfish at times.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    I have to ask- why are 3rd-wave feminists so insecure that they can't take any criticism at all, and are whining to Daddy Government to ban it?
    do you mean again the one-legged lesbian hoppers, in the vanguard following the Butch & Braces Brigade and the black leather stormtrooper babes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taglet wrote: »
    It's an opinion about the topic, you're judging me, that's against the rules
    *high five*

:D

Mocking a FM is also against the rules
    zx50 wrote: »
    The sooner some people stop thinking women feeing their babies naturally is a mortal sin in public, the better. If you don't like the sight of a mother naturally feeding her baby, well....look away. Some people are so utterly selfish at times.
    Nobody on the forum said anything about, or even close to resembling, mortal sin,
    do you mean again the one-legged lesbian hoppers, in the vanguard following the Butch & Braces Brigade and the black leather stormtrooper babes?
    Yes. them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member

No it's not any of these, but there is a time and a place and sitting on steps at my local swimming pool is not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an opinion about the topic, you're judging me, that's against the rules.

Nope, you've lost that award....I'm judging your opinion which is a tad different and entirely in keeping with the rules. Never mind...you can keep polishing your other award.
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

Why on earth should she be donating her payout to charity?
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pasty face wrote: »
    It's unhygienic for a start, the baby would be tasting chlorine .Why on earth would you want to breast feed your child on the steps of a public pool? You wouldn't take a baby's bottle in and feed the baby would you? I have two kids and breast fed for the majority of the time. To me this is attention seeking, get some respect!!

My thoughts exactly, Pasty face. Attention seeking women who choose to breastfeed their babies in unhygienic places should be fined, not compensated. Breast feeding is a precious bond between mother and baby and should be done in private.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts exactly, Pasty face. Attention seeking women who choose to breastfeed their babies in unhygienic places should be fined, not compensated. Breast feeding is a precious bond between mother and baby and should be done in private.

"Maybe" for those first couple of weeks until you are both used to it, but not after that. The only reason that people want them to do it in private is because they think its a private thing. When really it isnt, its a mother feeding her child.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it is quite natural; as is defeacating or having sexual relations; but we don't do so at the edge of a public paddling pool.