Options

Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,550
    Forum Member
    As well as losing track of Echo, I also lost Cesar Chavez for a couple of days. Just found her hiding in Albany!

Good spot! :D

Incidentally, a CNN guy said last night that Ocean Shield cannot be refuelled at sea by Cesar Chavez, and will have to return soon to port for refuelling, though I haven't seen any official confirmation of this yet.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Good spot! :D

Incidentally, a CNN guy said last night that Ocean Shield cannot be refuelled at sea by Cesar Chavez, and will have to return soon to port for refuelling, though I haven't seen any official confirmation of this yet.

Interesting. It'll take her a while to get back to Perth, or perhaps she could refuel at Exmouth?

I see Nan Hai Jiu 101 has broken away from "The Purple Pony Gang" and is now much farther north.

Meanwhile, marinetraffic is confusing me as they have two Malaysian warships shown in the same area, about 20 miles apart. The one labelled as "RMN Warship 30" must be Lekiu, but the other, listed as "Malaysian Warship" is a bit of a mystery! It has a different destination, but the same callsign (9MOG) so I have to assume it's a glitch.

... or could it be a secret Malaysian "stealth" ship about to plant a fake black box in the ocean? :o

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woohoo! :cool:

I have a sneaking suspicion this might be her ...

http://www.fremantleports.com.au/Operations/Harbourcams/Pages/Harbourcam10.aspx

Can anyone confirm ... or do we need to wait for daylight?

P.S. "View 11: Ferry Terminal" towards the bottom of the menu on the left-hand side of the page gives another view from slightly farther away.

P.P.S. List of cams in the area ...

http://www.fremantleports.com.au/Operations/Harbourcams/Pages/default.aspx

Now that dawn has broken over Fremantle, I can now say with some confidence that it is "Plucky Little Echo" nestling up against Victoria Quay on camera 10.

Latest news ... a seagull flew across her bow just before midnight! :D
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks, guess what I found Echo a few minutes ago and can sleep well at night now. :) She's in the Inner Harbour. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now that dawn has broken over Fremantle, I can now say with some confidence that it is "Plucky Little Echo" nestling up against Victoria Quay on camera 10.

Great to see the Union Jack proudly flying in Fremantle. :D

I would never have thought of checking for her on webcams!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great to see the Union Jack proudly flying in Fremantle. :D

I would never have thought of checking for her on webcams!

I think she raised her standard around 8.00 Perth time as I hadn't noticed it before then. Seems to be a bit of on-shore activity at the moment. Wonder if she's due off soon?

I was going to crawl off to bed, but I think I might hang around, just in case! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's odd how the guy at CNN said she was back in Perth, where I found her, unless she had to make a dash to Freemantle, as they found something there. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dix wrote: »
    It's odd how the guy at CNN said she was back in Perth, where I found her, unless she had to make a dash to Freemantle, as they found something there. ;):D

Fremantle is the port of Perth. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got hub to see how far Freemantle was from Perth and it's only down the road, so that's ok, and not far for Echo to ramble. lol:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fremantle is the port of Perth. ;)
    Bet you can't say that sentence fast. ;) Freemantle is where some refugees landed and settled there is what I know re it, but never been there meself, which is lucky for some refugees. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But she won't be there for too long, as she'll be called away fast. The seagull was the omen. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be back to hear that Echo has sailed, and you will let me know won't you? Hope her trip will be successful. :) nn folks, sleep wellxxx:)
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sure it wasn't a Homing Pigeon? :D

That's a cracking site with all those cams dotted around. Now all we need to know is time and date of departure....so we can keep an eye on the little sneak! :D
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Got hub to see how far Freemantle was from Perth and it's only down the road, so that's ok, and not far for Echo to ramble. lol:D
    Were you thinking of nipping out for a stroll Dixie? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Sure it wasn't a Homing Pigeon? :D

That's a cracking site with all those cams dotted around. Now all we need to know is time and date of departure....so we can keep an eye on the little sneak! :D

Definitely a seagull. :D

Echo moving at 10.00 on the 2nd of May. Might go to bed soon in that case! :kitty:

* EDIT *

Forgot to add link! :blush:

https://www3.fremantleports.com.au/VTMIS/Public/VesselsAtBerth.aspx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Were you thinking of nipping out for a stroll Dixie? :D
    Hiya Bg, we did go out and it was freezing, but saw a wonderful sunset, and took loads of piccies. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a seagull. :D

Echo moving at 10.00 on the 2nd of May. Might go to bed soon in that case! :kitty:

* EDIT *

Forgot to add link! :blush:

https://www3.fremantleports.com.au/VTMIS/Public/VesselsAtBerth.aspx

I think you could tell them to stay where they are, as they won't like it where they're going, as the omens aren't good. :) That seagull is better company, even if it messes up their washing. :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's what was planned for today (it's after 10pm now there) http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr039.aspx :
    Due to deteriorating weather conditions, the planned air and surface search has been suspended for today.

Bluefin-21 has completed mission 14 and is expected to commence mission 15 this morning.

No contacts of interest have been found to date.

Bluefin-21 is expected to complete the focused underwater search area and continue examining the areas adjacent to it during mission 15.

Any further information will be made public if, and when, it becomes available.

So they aren't yet finished with Bluefin-21, or moving it to another location, they are just expanding its search area at the moment.

Winds are currently force 4 for Ocean Shield, increasing to force 5 or 6 (25-30mph, higher gusts) in the next 24 hours ("Moderate waves of some length. Many whitecaps. Small amounts of spray."). Life will be unpleasant on Ocean Shield in the next day or two, particularly while it remains in its small search area which limits its ability to sail into the wind and waves.
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    http://news.sky.com/story/1250269/obama-offers-more-help-in-missing-plane-hunt

Yet another slow news day for MH370.

Interesting how Obama thinks the Malaysians have been 'fully forthcoming in sharing information'. He's obviously been told more than he's letting on.

This could be interesting next week.
    Mr Najib has said his government would make public a preliminary report into the plane's disappearance next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »

Mr Najib has said his government would make public a preliminary report into the plane's disappearance next week.

I've got a horrible feeling there's going to be even more screaming and shouting when the report is released as I very much doubt it'll say anything we don't already know. These reports tend to lay out the known, verified facts, and make preliminary recommendations.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    http://news.sky.com/story/1250269/obama-offers-more-help-in-missing-plane-hunt

Yet another slow news day for MH370.

Interesting how Obama thinks the Malaysians have been 'fully forthcoming in sharing information'. He's obviously been told more than he's letting on.

It'll be a very short report given that everybody knows precisely diddly squat!
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I've just been on Sarah's Finding Philip page and someone has posted about a Californian Lawyer who wrote to the US government to request all details they had on MH370 as part of the Freedom of Information Act. Now remember that this is internet world so we don't know how true it is, but the government letter of response stated that all information on MH370 was classified!

That's going to send the CT'ers off on a whole new journey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just been on Sarah's Finding Philip page and someone has posted about a Californian Lawyer who wrote to the US government to request all details they had on MH370 as part of the Freedom of Information Act. Now remember that this is internet world so we don't know how true it is, but the government letter of response stated that all information on MH370 was classified!

That's going to send the CT'ers off on a whole new journey.

Can't say I'm familiar with the US FoI Act, but I very much doubt it includes information relating to another country's investigation of a potential criminal act!

Sounds like some shyster trying to make a name for himself!

Should we start a rumour that the lawyer is of Latin American descent and is called Señor Diego Garcia? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't say I'm familiar with the US FoI Act, but I very much doubt it includes information relating to another country's investigation of a potential criminal act!

Should we start a rumour that the lawyer is of Latin American descent and is called Señor Diego Garcia? :D

And said Diego Garcia, owned by the UK and operated by the US, could have been visited by an integral part of the search operation HMS Echo, on her way to the search area... and currently in Fremantle for who knows what nefarious purposes! :o

Seriously though, the publication of the full report next week should help to allay concerns among all except hardened conspiracy theorists and Chinese family members of MH 370 passengers.
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member

It probably also wouldn't cover any information about a potential criminal case...

Or anything that might give away the capabilities of military hardware that is currently restricted (IE if the radar is better than is public information), or where something like a US sub currently is which is almost always classified (they may say it's in one rough area, but that would be it);.

And of course it wouldn't cover something that the U.S. military doesn't know...
This discussion has been closed.