Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    It's far too bright and annoying! And all four sitting there with forced smiles on their face as the others speak - ridiculous! Had to switch back to BBC Breakfast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The plugging of ITV shows is firmly back in place I see.
  • Options
    mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    Charlotte is running the whole show even with her small appearances. Ben Shepard, the sports guy and Susanna are just dire. They need to replace them three with people who have Charlotte's presenting style.

I don't get all these comments about Charlotte stealing the show, she's barely done anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Not impressed so far. Too much of a jumble, not enough news, too many presenters, and hate the desk that sets up a barrier between them and viewers.

But at least there's no more Lorraine "you're so good, aren't you great, can I brown my nose more, tee hee hee" Kelly.

My thoughts entirely.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    That competition section is tacky and what is ejector seat??
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    What has happened to Cordelia she looks so different ?

As soon as she appeared I thought the same.

She looks like she's aged about 10 years.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,024
    Forum Member
    Not this tired old chestnut...i'll make it simple for you.

I am watching it to form an opinion which I can then express.. is that okay with you?

Watching for 15-20 minutes I could understand, I personally wouldn't be awake at 6am to watch a 2.5 hour show that I disliked pretty much from the second it started. I find it an odd way to spend a morning that's all.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Not impressed so far. Too much of a jumble, not enough news, too many presenters, and hate the desk that sets up a barrier between them and viewers.

But at least there's no more Lorraine "you're so good, aren't you great, can I brown my nose more, tee hee hee" Kelly.

You sure about that...:D
  • Options
    idrewukidrewuk Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. I thought it was professional, the news element was strong and visually it was much better than BBC Breakfast. It has more energy to it - feels like something somebody in their 30s would enjoy, rather than their 50s!!

Well done team. I'm sure they'll keep working on things as they get more shows under their belts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching for 15-20 minutes I could understand, I personally wouldn't be awake at 6am to watch a 2.5 hour show that I disliked pretty much from the second it started. I find it an odd way to spend a morning that's all.

With all due respect - what's that got to do with you? :confused:
  • Options
    roadshow2006roadshow2006 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine's jingle sounds like Daybreak.
  • Options
    mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    They haven’t changed the branding for Lorraine? Random.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably planning to axe her eventually.
  • Options
    idrewukidrewuk Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Oh yes - my one criticism is the framing of some of the shots. Susanna was so zoomed in you couldn't even see her neck! Jeez. They really should have done more than enough technical run throughs by now...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Lorraine's jingle sounds like Daybreak.

They had the same theme tune anyway, they've just remixed it.

I don't see why they bother doing cooking slots on Lorraine. Who is interested in chicken at 8.40am?!
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think that sums up the problem for me
    since 6am "paul O'grady" when he finally appears we get a few moments.
    they need to slow things down
  • Options
    aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've missed a trick here. They should have renamed Lorraine's show 'Good Morning Lorraine.'
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,845
    Forum Member
    I like the new look, having read the forum first I was expecting it to look more messy that I thought it was. A few teething problems with links but they will be ironed out I assume.

First thing I heard though was the weather girl telling us to go to the Daybreak website haha!

But for me, all of the progress is undone because once again we have Richard Arnold fawning over One Direction. ITV can't seem to give up this garbage so for me while there are some good steps in the right direction, it's ultimately the content which is sti the biggest problem - when will they learn?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Think that sums up the problem for me
    since 6am "paul O'grady" when he finally appears we get a few moments.
    they need to slow things down

I like the fast pace but it doesn't work for the big features like you say. I expected the full One Direction video (not that I'm a fan) but it wasn't.
  • Options
    lgwcmlgwcm Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    its very GMA the set is a copy of GMA kept expecting to see robin roberts and george stephanopoulos
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susannah and Ranvir look nice. Er, thats about it.

Dire show.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mugwuff wrote: »
    I don't get all these comments about Charlotte stealing the show, she's barely done anything.

Me neither, the 20 minutes I watched, admittedly running around getting ready for work, I think she read one headline. Even lovely Laura had more airtime.
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must have spent too much money on the new (awful) furniture to afford an hairdresser for Lorraine - looks like she has just got out of bed.

Just had another look at the set and it looks like a jumble sale - too much stuff everywhere - it is dreadful.
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Grainger in the background looking like he is pretending to cook. :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Must have spent too much money on the new (awful) furniture to afford an hairdresser for Lorraine - looks like she has just got out of bed.

Just had another look at the set and it looks like a jumble sale - too much stuff everywhere - it is dreadful.

There would've been nothing wrong with having 'Lorraine' presenting her show from the sofa bit of the GMB set.