Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only caught about 20 mins of this today and was not impressed. 4 of them sitting behind a desk, seemed a bit OTT, Andi Peters at a market in Leeds, cheap and tacky and bloody adverts. Think I will stick with BBC, even tough I do like Susannah (well to look at her legs anyway)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings tomorrow will be interesting, I doubt they will get anywhere the 900,000 ITV wants (and you would expect maximum interest on the launch day of a new programme) and BBC Breakfast will be hardly dented.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    The ratings tomorrow will be interesting, I doubt they will get anywhere the 900,000 ITV wants (and you would expect maximum interest on the launch day of a new programme) and BBC Breakfast will be hardly dented.

I really do think If this flops ITV will just giveup on some grand relaunch again and over the next few years just gently revert back to a GMTV style format
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

The ratings won't be interesting at all, if they are high they will be dismissed as people watching as a one off interest, if they are low then it will be branded as a flop that should be axed immediately.

ITV have said they are in this for the long game.

The 900k expectation was made up by a certain person's vivid imagination.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mail said it's exactly like " Good Morning Amercia"
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andi Peters only on this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it take four presenters to do this? And Andi Peters looking stupid in Leeds? I noticed also that Suzannah was walked all over by Esther McVey - Paxman would never have allowed her to interrupt and would have made her answer the point that Suzannah made but then was ignored.
  • Options
    Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    how was it?
  • Options
    ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely awful.

Get rid of that desk and get the sofa back. Desks do not work on breakfast tv shows. Sofas are more informal.
    Get Ranvir back.
    Get rid of all that writing at the bottom of the screen. There's way too much of it.
    Get the proper weather map back with PROPER weather symbols.
    Basically change it back to Daybreak.
  • Options
    jb76jb76 Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ItsNick wrote: »
    Absolutely awful.

Get rid of that desk and get the sofa back. Desks do not work on breakfast tv shows. Sofas are more informal.
    Get Ranvir back.
    Get rid of all that writing at the bottom of the screen. There's way too much of it.

I thought it was quite good. I like there being 4 presenters. Wish they could Interact more though and less scripty.

A lot of people are saying bring back daybreak. When daybreak was on everyone said it was crap.
  • Options
    Francis_ChuFrancis_Chu Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    I have to ask - was there any "Tipping Point" references?
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    A bit try hard. Swooping cameras. Fake bonhomie. Andi blooming Peters. Too much flashing ticker tape at bottom. All those places flashing up with their temperatures. Bored with Brekkie TV. Think I will go retro and listen to radio.
  • Options
    missemmerdale22missemmerdale22 Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seem like they are copying American breakfast format
  • Options
    jackc1806jackc1806 Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhCUXJF-AI

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Si0a57WonIE

Very similar. I liked it though, fresh and innovative especially in Britain. I liked the fast titbits of news, especially early in the morning when you need info quick to fit around with getting ready.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

Promise ?
  • Options
    Busy_LizzieBusy_Lizzie Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I miss Matt Barbet - I thought the first hour of daybreak with him and Ranvir was watchable enough - much better than the new GMB.

I actually even enjoyed watching Adrian and Christine more than this new show.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheggers next week, who knows the Andi Peters is very Cheggers
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to ask - was there any "Tipping Point" references?

Yea, the presenters have reached theirs :D
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely awful.

Get Ranvir back.

Amen to that. I loved Daybreak.
  • Options
    mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I hope that wheel of cash is in a bin now, along with Ross kings Hollywood backdrop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolutely awful.

Get Ranvir back.

Change it back to a boring, dated, cheesy show that nobody watched??
  • Options
    Surferman1Surferman1 Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry to dent your optimism, but he's announced he's on a 6 week tour of Britain with this ITV LCD pap. That'll get them watching, won't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Promise?
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you guys perfer Keith Chegwin
  • Options
    Surferman1Surferman1 Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you guys perfer Keith Chegwin

You make it sound like it's either or.....how about the best option:neither! :cool: