Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or was the sofa on TV AM? I think so. There's been so many morning tv shows I can't remember which is which!

The presenters seem professional and good at their job. :)
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Robbie Williams,
    Gordon Ramsay's hair lol,
    AndI Peters and his wheel,
    Zac Efron/Richard Arnold
    Actual news
    Robbie Williams/''banter''
    Patrick Kielty interview:kitty:

Somebody save Charlotte Hawkins, she is the only decent thing on it.

Keep Charlotte on GMB, much prefer Sunrise with Isabel Webster!
  • Options
    AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a few mins of it this morning ,what are they thinking hiding susanna reed behind the desk :o
    No chance of flash of her thighs now is there !
    Only reason i watched her on the beeb ;-)
  • Options
    extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Agree Charlotte looks streets ahead of the other presenters, there is absolutely NO chemistry between them, they all seem to be distancing themselves from Susannah!
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    extraextra wrote: »
    Agree Charlotte looks streets ahead of the other presenters, there is absolutely NO chemistry between them, they all seem to be distancing themselves from Susannah!

Very significant no eye contact between Ben and Susanna
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll switch things up in a couple of months, probably drop a couple of presenters or rotate them.
  • Options
    southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #GoodMorningBritain launched with 0.80m/20.3% yesterday, above the Daybreak average of 0.6m. @BBCBreakfast averaged 1.50m/35.8%.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched about 20 minutes this morning and found it terrible for these reasons:

1. They read out idiotic texts from viewers on serious news items. For instant they reported on the murdered teacher, followed by a text demanding that spanking children be brought back so that they have respect for teachers and the police.
    What relevance does that have to a teenager who allegedly had problems with depression/mental health?

2. The boring and inane news topics. Robbie Williams is having a second child!!! Let's talk about some new movie Zac Effron is in for the next 10 minutes because we managed to get an interview with him!

3. Then we had to listen to these inane topics AGAIN when Richard Arnold turned up to do the entertainment news.

It's a boring mess!
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    What about Wales?
    What about Northern Ireland? A programme called "Good Morning Britain" being broadcast to a nation that is not part of Britain (which is England, Scotland and Wales only). How left out they must feel...

How does Ben Shepherd hand over to the NI reporters for the NI news? Do they use the same graphics/fonts for their reporting or is it the ugly, standard and basic UTV News colours/font (Arial).
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a big part of the problem with the "entertainment" news is instead of being mostly about TV programmes, films and music it concentrates more on the gossip side of things.
    They're more obsessed with celebrities personal lives than actually reporting on the entertainment side.

Having irritating sychophants like Arnold and King telling us about it makes it even worse!
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also say that although I don't mind Susanna she has really been outshone by Charlotte.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty poor launch rating really. I suspect it will be back down to Daybreak levels by the end of the week.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity ITV couldnt have got Eamomn Holmes, who already has chemistry with Charlotte.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they wanted a serious news programme, John Stapleton and Penny Smith would have gone down well
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoshuaRy wrote: »
    The headlines at 6am/7am start with news (as they did with the awful story about the teacher) but then moves onto entertainment, too. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I'd moan if Robbie Williams was the TOP story, but it isn't.

It isn't newsworthy however you look at it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lack of chemistry seems to be a regular comment.

When you bring back Ben Shephard and recall the chemistry he and Kate Garraway had, it would have made more sense to me to include Kate in the line up.

Bringing 2 new female presenters in is a bit of a gamble that doesn't seem to be paying off so far.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Lack of chemistry seems to be a regular comment.

When you bring back Ben Shephard and recall the chemistry he and Kate Garraway had, it would have made more sense to me to include Kate in the line up.

Bringing 2 new female presenters in is a bit of a gamble that doesn't seem to be paying off so far.

Kate will be sitting in Susannah's seat on the 16th, I bet she can't wait to get her feet behind that lovely new desk!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Kate will be sitting in Susannah's seat on the 16th, I bet she can't wait to get her feet behind that lovely new desk!

Kate's new twitter bio says, catch me on Thursdays.....

All very confusing. Hope there are some viewers left for her by the 16th!
  • Options
    Jolly JesterJolly Jester Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    What about Northern Ireland? A programme called "Good Morning Britain" being broadcast to a nation that is not part of Britain (which is England, Scotland and Wales only). How left out they must feel...

How does Ben Shepherd hand over to the NI reporters for the NI news? ).

Don't feel left out at all thank you very much..... Do you feel left out by not having on screen announcers on itv?

The hand over is the same as all other regions, Ben hands over to whoever is reading the news, and they say "Thank you Ben"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is Sean I cant see the point, nothing against him, but as the end of the table like a book end, apart from Sport what can he do.

Charlotte has put up with Eamomn over the yearsvand had chemistry, if she can get chemistry with him she can anybody
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    What about Northern Ireland? A programme called "Good Morning Britain" being broadcast to a nation that is not part of Britain (which is England, Scotland and Wales only). How left out they must feel....

Surely they can watch the Irish equivalent or the British one, the key is they have a choice. ??
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Kate's new twitter bio says, catch me on Thursdays.....

All very confusing. Hope there are some viewers left for her by the 16th!

It is strange. Susannah is supposed too be doing Mon - Fri for her first 2 weeks then Mon - Thu. Unless Kate is filling in for Charlotte?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Hillary looks like the first one I would sack.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuned in briefly again this morning and even if I wanted to watch I couldn't because all the on screen graffiti and how fast it moves makes me feel a rather queasy. Is it me or is the camera work awful too?

Didn't think I'd be begging for ITV to bring back Daybreak, but even at it's worst at least it didn't make me feel dizzy and hurt my eyes!!!
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they can always bring back whatsherface who does the postcode lottery ads.....joking