Options

Christopher Biggins claims bisexuality doesn't exist

13»

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch random videos where there is no description, sorry.

I described it. It's of loads of different scenes where Biggins starts laughing that have been put together.
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has always made my skin crawl. There's something seriously slimy and unpleasant about him.

I feel the same, I've always found him obnoxious and creepy. This just confirms it.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel the same, I've always found him obnoxious and creepy. This just confirms it.

How did he even win I'm A Zeleb...who would vote for such a gigantic moron?
  • Options
    TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Dr. Frank N. Furter is throwing him shade right now.

Dr. Frank N. Furter - Angels best mate ?
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    Dr. Frank N. Furter - Angels best mate ?

I was thinking of the original since Biggins was in the movie, but Tony Head did a good job.
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always find it fascinating that someone - like Christopher Biggins in this case - can express such confident opinions on other people's sexuality.

The only sexuality we can really know and experience is our own. And even then there's room for doubt....
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher Biggins claims bisexuality doesn't exist

Did he ? that's not really how I read it

“I think the people who fear homosexuality most are the ones who could be gay. The world is full of bisexuals because that's the way they want to do it. What do they do? They ruin a woman's life. It's so wrong, because you're not owning up to what you are. You lead a double life so how can you be a real person?”

He talks of those who "could be gay" so is he referring to men who are gay but either do not want to admit it or are too afraid to come out, now maybe he could be kinder to those afraid, but in a sense he is right, a person leading a double life is going to hurt their partner

He makes no comment about those who are openly bisexual and therefore would not hurt a partner.

If a man was carrying on behind his wife's back with another woman then people would have no problem calling him a basta*d for it and tell him to make up his mind.

So on that basis I wont call for the pitchforks just yet as he did not say bisexuality does not exist he is talking of gay men who hide behind bisexuality often for convenience but fail to inform their partners of this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Did he ? that's not really how I read it

“I think the people who fear homosexuality most are the ones who could be gay. The world is full of bisexuals because that's the way they want to do it. What do they do? They ruin a woman's life. It's so wrong, because you're not owning up to what you are. You lead a double life so how can you be a real person?”

He talks of those who "could be gay" so is he referring to men who are gay but either do not want to admit it or are too afraid to come out, now maybe he could be kinder to those afraid, but in a sense he is right, a person leading a double life is going to hurt their partner

He makes no comment about those who are openly bisexual and therefore would not hurt a partner.

If a man was carrying on behind his wife's back with another woman then people would have no problem calling him a basta*d for it and tell him to make up his mind.

So on that basis I wont call for the pitchforks just yet as he did not say bisexuality does not exist he is talking of gay men who hide behind bisexuality often for convenience but fail to inform their partners of this.

Nope. He is generalising about an entire group of people, saying that they lie about being bisexual, they're actually gay but afraid to admit it, and they ruin women's lives in the process because they're only pretending to be attracted to them. He hasn't said that some bisexual men are deceptive or secretly gay; he's just said that bisexual men are those things by default.

To be frank, there's nothing in that quote that isn't offensive stereotyping, right down to the omission of bisexual women from the conversation. He's not obliged to discuss women of course, but if you're talking about 'bisexuals', then that's a category that does include women, so he shouldn't then make remarks on his opinion of bisexual men without making it clear. We can only deduce his point from the context of the 'ruining women's lives' remark.